Realistic coaching targets

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Realistic coaching targets

Post by TapsC »

Interesting times ahead. I dont believe Mliswa is the right guy for the job but he is one brave guy. He is up for any challenge. Only problem is that he has many scandals himself. Its also not difficult for Mukuhlani and co to corrupt the system and get a member of parliament to slam Streak as a racist. This is Africa. More absurd things have happened. Which is why for me it has to be players.

Lets see if Streak and co have a game plan. I saw something that worried me in the article when Mukuhlani kind of suggested that Streak's contract has something about performance guarantees. If thats the case then its game over. Its also very naive to think that nobody will take the job because of whats going on. We have to assume that somebody will.

This board will fight to the death for this. This is a 100 million dollar organization. They are willing to destroy everything to keep themselves in power. If they had any sense they will announce a new coaching team and BT as captain (if he accepts of course) within the next week. A team which they would break the bank for to shut everybody up. Dont be surprised if some big name is announced as coach soon.

These guys are master planners when it comes to their jobs believe me. Something must happen before they announce any replacements. If they announce an international coach with some history before the players take a stand then we are in trouble

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Lets see if Streak and co have a game plan. I saw something that worried me in the article when Mukuhlani kind of suggested that Streak's contract has something about performance guarantees
So what if it is about performance guarantee...two things padawan
1)Due process was not followed-aka administrative law
2)Streaky has an end date on his contract so don't see any issues + the labour act is the labour act you can not wish it away with a performance based contract that ignores the law...not possible.

You cannot fire him without a disciplinary hearing followed by an appeals process. Why? because a contract has been agreed and can only be changed/ by mutual consent or arbitration/court.
A similar storm is brewing in Bulawayo where the Singo and/or the Chair of BMCA has unilaterally changed two players contracts since Jan, reducing them by 70% monthly. Whomsoever instructed this illegal act shall be removed for bringing the association into disrepute. Clearly this ZC board acts outside the law and with impunity.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:29 pm
Lets see if Streak and co have a game plan. I saw something that worried me in the article when Mukuhlani kind of suggested that Streak's contract has something about performance guarantees
So what if it is about performance guarantee...two things padawan
1)Due process was not followed-aka administrative law
2)Streaky has an end date on his contract so don't see any issues + the labour act is the labour act you can not wish it away with a performance based contract that ignores the law...not possible.

You cannot fire him without a disciplinary hearing followed by an appeals process. Why? because a contract has been agreed and can only be changed/ by mutual consent or arbitration/court.
A similar storm is brewing in Bulawayo where the Singo and/or the Chair of BMCA has unilaterally changed two players contracts since Jan, reducing them by 70% monthly. Whomsoever instructed this illegal act shall be removed for bringing the association into disrepute. Clearly this ZC board acts outside the law and with impunity.
True. This now comes down to a money for unfair dismissal issue. Not position issue. The truth is Streak isnt coming back as coach. I know its hard to accept but thats the reality. Remember what happened to Andy Waller when he was in a similar position? They will use their powers to reassign him to some meaningless role until his contract is done. That is allowed. Worst part about it is that they obviously wont pay him just to spite him. Thats a 5 year long battle. Look at phil simmons. Have they even paid him ?

Fighting the board on that front wont work. They have the benefit of the doubt to the ICC and are protected by so many silly rules. A legal challenge wont work.the most important players here are the ICC and All they will tell the ICC is that elections are in August next year. If anyone has a problem they should contest and win.

Any legal proceeding will just be delayed until their mandate is done and all they will do is make another name the front of the whole operation. You see even from an ICC perspective you cant blame Mukuhlani for everything because his official mandate only started about 2 years ago. The rot before that is technically not his fault. All he has to say is that he has changed the win ratio(exactly what streak is claiming) and that he feels its time to move in a different direction. He cant be removed for that. Its well within his mandate.

If the legal cases are reserved(probably by a corrupt judge) or just delayed as what happens with most civil cases their mandate will officially run out. A new mandate with a new name at the front cant be challenged. He will say that our problems are with somebody who is no longer in charge and hire new people to silence the doubters.

The only thing the ICC cant sweep under the carpet is ALL the players striking. Its literally the only way

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Another MAJOR problem. I have googled this and im really searching. This is actually their trump card. Can anybody google or tell me one chairman or president of any board who has played test cricket or even more than 5 cricket games in their whole life? I have been looking and I cant find. Not the board as a whole. The leaders. The guys who actually attend these meetings and decide our future. How many of them are legendary cricketers or coaches?

That all but confirms our fate as far as im concerned. They will protect each other. If one of them is fired for not habing cricket experience then they can all be fired. In fact whem you google them you will realize we arent the first country to go through this. Some of them have even gone to prison. We are well and truly doomed. Its a wrap gents.

This actually explains the silence we get from the ICC.

Only a player strike can stop them

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:56 pm
I know at least 4 good players that will consider returning if these muppets get the red card and there’s some sanity in the next set up.
Who

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Hahah TapsC still carrying on about not getting answer about Ervine batting at 7 whilst I’ve asked you at least 6-7 times who the selectors should have picked that they didn’t ???

The Ervine thing is simple -

Hami was sent to open with PJ @3 to shore up the top order.

BT always bats 3 or 4

With the game shortened and Zimbabwe getting off to a slow start we needed some acceleration in our innings so Raza & Williams came in before Ervine. In the end it didn’t work but we didn’t lose because Ervine batted at 7 you’re the only one who thinks that.

Again if we had a domestic comp with a quality player pool we might have had a better No.7 in the squad but all we had was Malcolm who was really out of form and Cephas who’s never played that role.

Remembering also Craig has batted down at 7 before against the UAE and actually played a real good innings.

Again you said the domestic players weren’t given a chance, well who’s fault is that? It’s not Streak’s fault the domestic comp quality is really low and this year didn’t even happen ( List A ).

You keep banging on about the same shit blaming Streak for ‘his errors’ but as I said in a previous post you haven’t given him any credit for his changes that worked during the tournament only critised him for what you deem ( after the fact ) to be errors.

Again I’ll say we played a great tournament and in the end we had one shocker which cost us a chance to go through.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:17 am

This is exactly why the likes Mukuhlani and co will be in power even after 2019. Comments like that. You think im a racist because I dont agree with you? Do you realize ZC fired more black people here than white? But I guess you dont care about them. Mangongo must go because he made a promise right? The boards miscondunt doesnt apply to him

I dont like commenting on things like this but I find it really funny how one person (who knows themselves) posted that James Bruce should be in the A team because he misses seeing a tall white fast bowler running in. He had played like 3 games.That already tells me the mindset of the people im arguing with. The receipts are there. It can easily be found.

But im the racist.

That is very insulting for somebody who doesnt know me. To think im a low level person with an agenda.

Its very sad. Very sad indeed. If I had wanted to bring race into this argument I could have easily done it a long time ago but I know Streak is not a racist. Never has been. He loves his country. Thats why I hold Taibu the most responsible because he should have seen how some of those decisions looked like and how they would be manipulated by the board.

Its comments like this which make me wonder why I even bother. I might as well help the guys in power stay in power because if I try and show the other side what they are doing wrong to win this battle they call me a racist. At least the board will value me for me and not look down on my argument because of my skin colour.

I dont need a dollar from ZC too. Not every black person is a charity case looking to steal from every successful institution. Not every black person who can come in with a good argument and alternative is the son of a thief.

Some of the comments I see here are absolutely shocking and the reason why you will never see a united effort to remove these guys.They know it too. What a shame.
Calm your body mate. I never called you a racist, I said your posts are making you come across as one. There is a big difference. Don't be so quick to use the race card when it was never even used against you.

ZC fired more black people because that is the nature of the set up they created back in 2003. They insisted on a majority black set up, which means going forward, you are more likely to fire majority black people over white. It's simple logic.

I never called you a low level person, but you definitely seem to have an agenda. You are only focussing on Ervine. Only focussing on Zhuwao, and refusing to address any other issue, answer Jaybro, or provide full support for your views.

The board used skin colour in the very first instance against Streak, and in every instance ever. They did not value him for him. Black people are definitely allowed to be in charge, they are just not entitled because they are black.
jaybro wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 pm
Hahah TapsC still carrying on about not getting answer about Ervine batting at 7 whilst I’ve asked you at least 6-7 times who the selectors should have picked that they didn’t ???
I answered him many times. He still keeps going on about it.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Redacted
Last edited by TapsC on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

redacted
Last edited by zimbos_05 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jesus that escalated quickly. Calm down Gentlemen.
There are big things afoot here, a lot of what was said by Mliswa has come straight off this forum, and since I don’t see a parallel media site where there’s a free exchange of ideas I’d like to believe we’re playing a role here so let’s save the handbags at 40 paces for another day. Please let’s not discuss the 80’s era and how it prejudiced black folk because we’ve had even longer under black rule where unscrupulous people have more than leveled the playing field, they’ve benefited personally and in so doing have broken most things across the spectrum. The shit that has happened to me, my mates and family has more than evened whatever imaginary target that was set. Let’s stutter into a new era where we can call someone a c*^t because he is one, regardless of his ethnicity.

Anyway the war is about to commence. It’s imperative that the players don’t get swept to one side in this power struggle. They need a voice right now. I’d like to see them form a powerful union immediately, with a powerful spokesman, they can really be the difference when ZC try their inevitable stalling tactics. They need to engage ICC directly, we need them onboard immediately. I smell revolution!!!