Realistic coaching targets

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Realistic coaching targets

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:24 am

From a long term perspective its 100% the admin.

Short term(im talking about the last year)

The admin: 20%
The selectors: 30%
The coaches:40%
The captain: 5%
The players: 5% because they played to their averages.

Funny you give the selectors 20% blame but can’t name one olayer who should have been in the 15 man squad that wasn’t

The whole thing about dropping Zhuwao for Moor is blown out of proportion, It’s not like he dropped Hami or BT he dropped Cephas who was a big risk going into the tournament and didn’t really pay off.

You’re looking at this situation TapsC trying to find a conspiracy because you’re not a fan of Streak as a coach ( don’t try and deny it you’ve been hammering him for months ).

Did you ever think maybe Streak wanted more stability up the top? Maybe he identified that we kept losing early wickets which put us under pressure early ? Maybe he wanted Moor @3 because he knows PJ has a good defence ?

These are all more than reasonable possibilities which are based on pure cricketing facts, but you along with all these idiots on twitter want to call Streak out for prejudice.

It’s clear I’m a Streak fan but for me I understood the changes he made throughout the tournament and although I didn’t always agree I’m able to take a step back and understand and see the merit behind these moves. I think you could benefit from doing the same tbh
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 am
TapsC wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:24 am

From a long term perspective its 100% the admin.

Short term(im talking about the last year)

The admin: 20%
The selectors: 30%
The coaches:40%
The captain: 5%
The players: 5% because they played to their averages.

Funny you give the selectors 20% blame but can’t name one olayer who should have been in the 15 man squad that wasn’t

The whole thing about dropping Zhuwao for Moor is blown out of proportion, It’s not like he dropped Hami or BT he dropped Cephas who was a big risk going into the tournament and didn’t really pay off.

You’re looking at this situation TapsC trying to find a conspiracy because you’re not a fan of Streak as a coach ( don’t try and deny it you’ve been hammering him for months ).

Did you ever think maybe Streak wanted more stability up the top? Maybe he identified that we kept losing early wickets which put us under pressure early ? Maybe he wanted Moor @3 because he knows PJ has a good defence ?

These are all more than reasonable possibilities which are based on pure cricketing facts, but you along with all these idiots on twitter want to call Streak out for prejudice.

It’s clear I’m a Streak fan but for me I understood the changes he made throughout the tournament and although I didn’t always agree I’m able to take a step back and understand and see the merit behind these moves. I think you could benefit from doing the same tbh
You have a point. So then if PJ was the stabilizer in the team then what was Ervine's role? The finisher? Since this was so carefully planned out. Im sure there was a reason he batted at 7 right?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:09 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:42 am
ZC Admin in the long term: 100%

In the short term:

The ZC admin: 33%
ICC (tourney format + umpiring calls + No DRS): 33%
Duckworth, Lewis, Stern: 33%
Selectors, Coaches, captain, players: 1%

:D :D :D
That is lovely and gentle fan fiction mate.
Yeah, I would have at least felt ok for not qualifying if this was the actual breakup.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

TapsC there you go with the one thing again number 7?? Was there anyone else in that game that bowled a bad ball that went for 4 or 6 that you could blame instead?
I think Admin are 100% to blame because if they hadn't fucked up the whole system for the last 3-4years we may have qualified for the WC by position :shock: But no... the selectors were scouting for national players that would give kick backs for being chosen. The admin had made the association so broke we couldn't even afford to go take on the big boys in their own back yard and gain more points by winning. How the ZC Board used to laugh hahahahahahah :lol: :lol: these stupid Afghans are paying us to come play in Zimbabwe...well look at them now!

The coaches were being fired willy nilly.
Remember Dav drove all the way down to Byo for the teams camp and he is called in to the office at Tuskers the next day and told you're fired! Pack your bags and go, your work permit is revoked.
Bundu Waller was made director of coaching with no portfolio.
Now it is... sack all of them .
The decisions get worse and worse synonymous to the syphillis travelling closer and closer to the brain!

Seriously this is a multi million dollar business being run by a snake oil salesman who in one nasty thoughtless vindictive childish outburst accuses Streak of being a racist in his selections. Then as the petulant cherub face of the snake oil salesman screws up in hatred he contradicts himself by adding "i wanted Sean Irvine in the squad and Streak refused " Is Streak now a reverse racist, a white tribalist or a brotherist? Or are you "Muks" just a common variety inferiority complex plonker? I suspect the latter. Especially considering your vitriole in 2004 where you chanted Rhodesian and white accusations of racism like a well versed greenbomber to Streak- a man who has done more for his country than you ever will. But you cemented your fanaticism in doing what you were told to do then. Now you are the boss,,,,still being told what to do...still saying and doing the wrong things as your comrades push you in front of them and grin. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

P.S. Panyangara left to join Japans suzuki sumo wrestlers. Not because of Chris Mpofu.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 pm
TapsC there you go with the one thing again number 7?? Was there anyone else in that game that bowled a bad ball that went for 4 or 6 that you could blame instead?
I think Admin are 100% to blame because if they hadn't fucked up the whole system for the last 3-4years we may have qualified for the WC by position :shock: But no... the selectors were scouting for national players that would give kick backs for being chosen. The admin had made the association so broke we couldn't even afford to go take on the big boys in their own back yard and gain more points by winning. How the ZC Board used to laugh hahahahahahah :lol: :lol: these stupid Afghans are paying us to come play in Zimbabwe...well look at them now!

The coaches were being fired willy nilly.
Remember Dav drove all the way down to Byo for the teams camp and he is called in to the office at Tuskers the next day and told you're fired! Pack your bags and go, your work permit is revoked.
Bundu Waller was made director of coaching with no portfolio.
Now it is... sack all of them .
The decisions get worse and worse synonymous to the syphillis travelling closer and closer to the brain!

Seriously this is a multi million dollar business being run by a snake oil salesman who in one nasty thoughtless vindictive childish outburst accuses Streak of being a racist in his selections. Then as the petulant cherub face of the snake oil salesman screws up in hatred he contradicts himself by adding "i wanted Sean Irvine in the squad and Streak refused " Is Streak now a reverse racist, a white tribalist or a brotherist? Or are you "Muks" just a common variety inferiority complex plonker? I suspect the latter. Especially considering your vitriole in 2004 where you chanted Rhodesian and white accusations of racism like a well versed greenbomber to Streak- a man who has done more for his country than you ever will. But you cemented your fanaticism in doing what you were told to do then. Now you are the boss,,,,still being told what to do...still saying and doing the wrong things as your comrades push you in front of them and grin. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: I will clearly never get the answer to that question and we know why. Im not blaming Craig Ervine.In the end he is not finisher. He is a stabiliser but that stabiliser role was given to PJ in that game so ervine was pushed all the way to the finisher role because PJ replaced a big hitter. Yet PJ himself is a big hitter. All beey confusing..I keep going back to that because it clearly shows the team wasnt balanced. Thats how we ended up in that position. The batting order was clearly messed up.

As I said lets agree to disagree. Much respect to you. As long as you acknowledged that having a different opinion doesnt mean I have an agenda. Then I am fine with that.

The bigger issue at stake is definitely how to remove the board. Thats what we should be focusing on. We cant live in the past. The world cup is gone

The way people are going about it wont work. The only way that can work is for ALL the players to strike. If that doesnt happen you cant win. Government interference when it comes to specific matters like coaches and selection leads to an automatic suspension. If a faction of players supports the current board then you cant force them out.

The best strategy is to stop the whole bring back streak agenda because that will be violating the ICC rules. Coltart and other politicians must take a back seat role because that is against the ICC rules. What the players need to do is to nail the board on non payment of salaries etc. Nobody else can get involved. It has to be them.

The big challenge with that is the issues that im talking about. I have a bigger picture when I look at this. Why would Mutizwa Mutombodzi or Zhuwao revolt when they weren't being given a fair chance anyway? The board can easily influence the domestic players because they earn peanuts. All they have to do is promise the main guys chances. 1 or 2 get promoted into the national team and get a juicy national contract. Then the revolt is over.

Thats the bigger issue streak and taibu created. The domestic players who werent given chances or even a sniff are the majority. Why would they then support an action which brings back 2 guys who dont give everybody a chance and stick to a core group? Do you think Jongwe will revolt for example when he cant even get a rising stars gig? Thats the divide these guys created. National players versus domestic. The truth is only Taylor Jarvis Ervine Williams Raza and Cremer have done enough to always be in the team. Chatara to a certain extent has also done a lot. The rest should be fair game.

Think about it for a bit . If you believe im crazy then fine

Googly

Post by Googly »

You’re 100% correct. A lot of the players aren’t actually sophisticated enough to understand the need to do this and that the time is now. People here are so down trodden and resigned that if some politician shouts at them they will fall down in a heap, it’s ingrsined.
This petition thing that has been started means they have to act before another bunch of greedy MF’s who know zip about cricket get their mitts on the reins. Mliswa is probably too young to manage. If there’s another power struggle culturally much rests on age, the young guns may rock the boat but are unlikely to topple anyone.
C’mon players, you’re about to miss a golden opportunity to save us.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Think about it for a bit . If you believe im crazy then fine
To be fair i'd say Chatara has done well and should be in for Jarvis who i think didn't realy perform and had a sulky face. Muzarabani must be groomed .

You are right let's move on to other business like putting cricket into the hands of cricketers not corrupters.
Do i think you are crazy, not at all i just think you haven't thought laterally enough to find the solution. I also don't think you understand the political will involved far exceeds Mliswa who did a good job today and continues on his media accounts. I could outlay the way forward but we wouldn't want the Board to get a heads up to the piano about to land on them ;)

I must say though that your fetish with no 7 is actually null and void and really only existed after the fact. Really who would have known that finishing would have been left to Irvine, that he would be closing out. Hindsight is 100% like taxes like #ZCBOARDWILLFALL... 100%.

As i was bout to post Googly snuck in with his googly... the players are part of the whole. The board is the bulls eye.
Let's wait and see what happens :W: :W: :W:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Then we meet and drink!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I know at least 4 good players that will consider returning if these muppets get the red card and there’s some sanity in the next set up.