Mliswa wads into cricket fights

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Mliswa wads into cricket fights

Post by grant »

THE battle for the control of Zimbabwe Cricket took to another level yesterday after Member of Parliament Temba Mliswa entered the fray together with cricket administrator Lazarus Zizhou and gave the board led by Tavengwa Mukuhlani seven days to resign or they form a parallel structure in running the game.

Addressing journalists in Harare yesterday, Mliswa who was flanked by Zizhou and Cromen Zinyama, who are members of the Push Committee that has been formed to lead the onslaught on the ZC board, said Mukuhlani’s administration should step down.

This follows the sacking of the national team coach Heath Streak and all the members of the coaching staff.

Streak was shown the exit after he failed to meet his contractual obligation to lead the team to the ICC World Cup 2019. Mliswa said they are giving the board until next Friday to leave office as he believes the sacking of Streak and convenor Tatenda Taibu was “unjustified.”

A meeting with all provincial representatives has been scheduled for this Sunday where they hope to drum up support and draw up a document to be presented to the Minister of Sport and Recreation Kazembe Kazembe.

“The firing of Streak, Taibu and company is unjustified and is merely a cover up for the shortfalls that the ZC board are responsible for.

‘‘Given my position as a cricket lover and as a Member of Parliament, I decided to heed to the call of my constituents and give them a platform to speak from.

“I never pick a fight that I lose. Cricket is close to my heart. I am passionate about it. As a passionate cricket lover I join in the call for action to be taken to save our sport.

‘‘I reiterate the cry that the board must go. Failure by the ZC board to resign in seven days we see us creating a parallel structure. We will be more than happy to approach His Excellency to be the first patron of this board.

“If there are over 110 political parties in this country why can’t cricketers come together and set up their own cricket union where our patron will be President Emmerson Mnangagwa?

‘‘Nothing can stop you from that, it’s a democracy. The SRC is empowered to have associations joining them.

‘‘The seven days that we are giving them they will be playing cricket on their own, they will be watching cricket on their own. We shall call citizens of Zimbabwe to boycott any international matches played by these people until they are gone,” said Mliswa.

He claimed successive boards had been made up of people with no cricket background. He also charged that corruption and maladministration had been left unchecked for too long and urged the SRC to suspend the board and pave way for the rewriting of the constitution.

“We need the right people, I have never seen the Zimbabwe medical board which is not made of doctors, I have never seen the Law Society which is not made of lawyers.

‘‘Cricket is the only board which has non-cricket people and you can imagine the disaster that is there.

“The board has repeatedly failed to heed the calls for reform and refused to listen to advise and guidance,” said Mliswa.
https://www.herald.co.zw/mliswa-wads-in ... et-fights/

Googly

Re: Mliswa wads into cricket fights

Post by Googly »

Let’s hope Mliswa remembers his analogy about doctors and lawyers if this works. He’s another dynamic interfering guy like Kasukuwere. He must get three cheers and an autographed cricket bat for his efforts otherwise it’s like sending the Rottweiler to the butchery for the meat order.

ducystyles

Post by ducystyles »

i think its a good move by themba, we need guys that move inorder to revive our cricket

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

He’s saying all the right things but gosh I’ve gotten my hopes up so many times before

Plus isn’t this guy a shady cat?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

What jaybro said. I am supporting him with optimism. I like that he has given a deadline, but what I want to know is what happens if the deadline comes without them doing anything. I feel like Mukhulani will know he has the ICC behind him as they do not like political interference. We should not get ED involved. We need to be absolved of any political interference so that we can have legitimacy. He also needs to work on getting ALL the players behind him, every single one of them.

Does anyone know much about this Push campaign and who Zizhou and Zinyama are?

NickG

Post by NickG »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PJgVXs8Bs0

I posted this on another thread, before noticing this one..

It's over 20 minutes long and is some rant! Impressive stance he is taking, but I don't know enough about the guy to know if it will make any difference...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

NickG wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PJgVXs8Bs0

I posted this on another thread, before noticing this one..

It's over 20 minutes long and is some rant! Impressive stance he is taking, but I don't know enough about the guy to know if it will make any difference...
I remember his name popping up a few years back and someone PM me and said he was a dodgy cat

Saying the right things though
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Just watched it. He says a lot of the right things, can only wait and see

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Finally, googly's identity has been solved

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

A shady character can still do a decent job. Corruption and mismanagement will never be done away with. The best boards struggle with it too.

Not qualifying for the WC might be catalyst that saves ZIM cricket, rather I should say could be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)