Moving Forward

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Moving Forward

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Its been about 2 weeks since the mind-boggling events of the WCQ. I intentionally tried to keep away from ZCF but I think its been long enough. I guess its still a bit tense here given how people are now bickering over other topics on at least a couple of threads.

What happens with ZC is already being covered on other threads so no point in beating that horse here.

The good news, after the doom and gloom, is that the WC is no longer the be all and end all. With the new ODI league kicking in from 2020, ZIM will be guaranteed fixtures, a stream of revenue, and exposure. That WC money isn't a huge loss because, money came in 2007, 2011, and 2015 but no one can tell. Players weren't paid back then, grounds weren't upgraded, and the domestic infrastructure was left undeveloped.

With an eye on the ODI League and the Test FTP, where should ZIM go from a player perspective? I think the time and place are right to discuss possible scenarios now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Moving Forward

Post by jaybro »

I did try to start a thread looking forward but it went downhill pretty quickly with nobody able to suggest even one realistic coaching target.

But yes finding a coach is the first step to moving forward, but it looks like we need to sort the mess which is our board first.

As you said the World Cup is not the sole goal with the ODI league coming in two years, the idea we need to drop any player who will be 35 or older by 2023 is misguided.

There are some guys who should be dropped for sure but finding replacements is hard because we don’t have a domestic season to pick from, looking forward to the apparent ‘tri series’ which is presumably a t20 series between Pakistan, Australia & Zimbabwe.

I really don’t know how the selectors ( who ever they might be ) can pick a t20 side considering we’ve played 2 t20 internationals in the last two years and no domestic comp for 4 years.

Cremer, BT, Chatara, Mire, Hami & Raza are the locks but who knows if they’ll all be available.

Looking forward to ODI matches and Tests I think we need to make an effort to blood some new guys, players like Tari, Burl, Blessing, Mumba & Moor will likely get their chances again, whilst it will be interesting to see what Ryan Murray does.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Re: Moving Forward

Post by Googly »

The die has been cast, there’s no moving forward until these scumbags are history. We need revolution.