Sibanda, the other one...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Sibanda, the other one...

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, was thinking about the "impact" Mehluli Sibanda is having on the current scenario at ZC with respect to the coaching staff. He was a vocal contributor during the CWCQ campaign on the social media to everyone's joy - sharing updates and pics, but after the failure to qualify, has been spewing venom and towing the ZC line, or is appearing to be even influencing the decisions there. Is he acting on his own capacity or is he being used by ZC to plant some of those thoughts and articles to test the waters before taking their calls?

As though getting to know recently of how he treated a young Conant wasn't enough, his recent articles filled with vitriol and conveniently taking sides with ZC's views are very interesting to say the least.

In this article for example: http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/src-back-zc-board/

How are some of these "unbiased reporting?
A group led by United Kingdom-based former first class cricketer Patrick Gada has over the last few days threatened to collapse the ZC board. The grouping has roped in former ZC employees and Norton Member of Parliament Temba Mliswa who addressed a Press conference in Harare last Friday. Mliswa is part of committee that seeks to push the ZC out of office.
Gada did not respond to questions sent to him by Sunday News Sport by electronic mail, instead he posted this reporter’s questions on the WhatsApp group he established and sought to ridicule them. When pressed further, Gada who was fired by ZC after a formal hearing before he left for UK accused the journalist of wasting his time.
Just snucks that unnecessary info in, without context. Vile attempt at character assassination and deviating from the issue at hand.
Former Minister of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture David Coltart has also been vocal on social media, making all sorts of accusations against the ZC board. Coltart declined to answer a list of questions sent to him.
Hmm... interesting choice of words...

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Sibanda, the other one...

Post by jimmylesaint »

After a formal hearing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What did Makoni wear a tie when he decided to sack him :W:

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Anyone read the dossier by Gada?
It's long.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:04 pm
Anyone read the dossier by Gada?
It's long.
Do you have a link?

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

it's 25 pages ! On my phone ...does that make it more because my phone is small.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:52 pm
it's 25 pages ! On my phone ...does that make it more because my phone is small.
I will look for it.

Do you know the Zimbabwe Cricket Supporters Union? Are they a real organization. Just got directed to a press release they did on Facebook. Are they the castle corner guys?

They seemed to have some inside information making me think they might be legit. Like they claimed net bolwers money was abused by ZC.

They also pointed out something I found important. Apparently they said for you to be elected onto be the board you have to be in charge of one of the clubs. If this is true then who exactly can replace the current board? Who is running our clubs right now? Do the likes of Mukuhlani run any clubs?

They were also calling for early elections to elect a new board. This might actually be a better strategy. I like that. Only problem is now we need to know who runs the clubs because all the guys we want to replace the current board might not be eligible to run in the elections.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Please also tell Patrick Gada to not post his game plan on facebook. Now I see how they know whats happening in his whatsapp group chat.

I saw he was saying Taibu isnt responding to him because he was promised money for the rising stars. Take that and also how Mukuhlani was speaking kindly about Tatenda I fear he is compromised because he really wants the academy to take off. He has also resigned meaning he can get another job at ZC. Maybe he has already been offered another one. I suspect it could be as a director of youth cricket or something along those lines. This is just a guess by the way.

So many different angles to this. I think capturing Taibu and Taylor is part of their strategy. Both are compromised in a way. One has a long term contract which he was paid some of it upfront already. The other needs money for his academy. If we lose those 2 guys then we are in trouble.

Also saw Burl reply Mehluli on twitter and Mehluli basically threatened him. Man... that was chilling. I see what these guys go through. You cant say a word. Imagine someone like Burl who is trying to crack the team. How can he protest? He will never get picked again.

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT ZIM VS UAE MATCH WAS FIXED
"ZC Boss Mukhulani"

"I never called Heath Streak a racist. But I just want him to explain certain things that happened on the day of the United Arab Emirates match. Why was the release of information to players done at such different times. The white guys that were playing were all told the night before the match, while Cephas Zhuwawo was only told that he had been dropped during warm up. There is a possibility that this match was fixed. Certain things don't make sense and Streak should come out and explain the changes that he made to the team,"

where does this come from ?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

First Streak is a Racist now he’s a match fixer ???

Kick this clown to the curb, Mukuhlani is done !!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

matland wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:41 pm
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT ZIM VS UAE MATCH WAS FIXED
"ZC Boss Mukhulani"

"I never called Heath Streak a racist. But I just want him to explain certain things that happened on the day of the United Arab Emirates match. Why was the release of information to players done at such different times. The white guys that were playing were all told the night before the match, while Cephas Zhuwawo was only told that he had been dropped during warm up. There is a possibility that this match was fixed. Certain things don't make sense and Streak should come out and explain the changes that he made to the team,"

where does this come from ?
:lol: if there is anybody who fixed that match it was Craig Ervine in that penultimate over :lol: (that is a joke by the way)

Jokes aside that is a serious allegation. He needs to provide evidence before making such allegations