My own topic for once.-who is the ZC board?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: My own topic for once.-who is the ZC board?

Post by SpitfiresKent »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:56 pm
Let's watch how things develop this week from tomorrow onwards.....
It'll be interesting to see if the players take to the field on tuesday for the pro 50 matches.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/time-to-dea ... ons-flops/

A different perspective here. Been thinking how it would be received if the national players go on strike. Yes there is a big battle here but they should expect backlash if they walk away completely. I think we havent mentally and emotionally recovered from that UAE game. The board is going to make them look ungrateful.

And here we have another article from Mehluli

http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/zc-streak-f ... dled-saga/

Interesting week ahead. Lets see who the brave ones are

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

In some ways I have little sympathy for Streak, he had to know this was going to end badly - things always do with ZC. Nobody ever leaves cricket in Zimbabwe on good terms. It is always an acrimonious firing or forced departure. Qualifying for the CWC would have only delayed the inevitable fallout by 12-18 months. Streak knew he was signing on with the devil.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

"The Minister has instructed us to launch a Commission of Inquiry into that match against UAE because something just doesn’t add up,’’ Mukuhlani said.
Wow, such heights of delusion!

It doesn't take a genius to see that the problem is poor administration. When the grassroots cricket has regressed so much and there's not enough talent coming through, there isn't much the technical team can do. They can only work with what they've got. None of the youngsters have done anything to suggest they can perform consistently even against associates! Who are they gonna replace these players with?

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Interesting article, really designed to scare monger. It uses rugby union as an example of SRC suspending the then Board and World rugby cutting the funding. What it DOESN'T go on to say is now ZRFU has hired Peter De villiers as head coach for the next 2 years,Dawson is back in the fold the players have received better wages and conditions then before and a trust is running the finances, paying for everything.

Someone tell me we have regressed by getting rid of the previous board there??? Go on?
Interestingly the lawyers in charge of the trust are the Titan Law firm---same one representing Streak,Bell and Zulu.

I wish Doc muks, the rest of the ZC board ALL THE BEST OF LUCK.
By God you are going to need it! :W:

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

Jimmy i know you know more of whats happening then most of us,i just pray is a LOT more.
And that its positive.
Because if you drove around Bullies this weekend one would think all was well.
First league on at queens and varsity league on at busters.
Today an under 19 select played Streaks academy u18 side and this afternoon the academy u16 side was playing.
So all good from the outside :lol: :lol:

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

As you say academy sides, Streaks academy you are talking about...not ZC.
Uni teams have there own playing agenda and pay for themselves(they will always be around) ZC should have tapped into this a while ago but have not.
Varsity league, they organise and pay themselves, nothing to do with ZC.

1st league at Queens this weekend indeed.....did you know what the scores were for the 50 over games, 1st league, in theory a step below Tuskers?
Sat one team made about 92 all out
Sunday one team made about 84 all out.

But yes matland i agree with you...from the outside everything looking "all good from the outside" ONLY IF you had as much cricket knowledge as Singo and the ZC Board :lol: :lol: :lol: :W:

I guess you can say the cricket fields were occupied but not producing much. Like the farm lands, occupied and not producing much.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Well tomorrow is the big day I guess. List A games supposed to take place. If the games do actually take place and who actually plays will tell us who is winning this battle. Its all or nothing in my opinion. There is a clear winner if those games take place.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Well tomorrow is the big day I guess. List A games supposed to take place. If the games do actually take place and who actually plays will tell us who is winning this battle. Its all or nothing in my opinion. There is a clear winner if those games take place.
No such luck TapsC

If the players play then the ZC Board will be slower losers.
If the players don't play then the ZC Board will be faster losers.

Understand there is probably a detailed investigation going on....every board member, every employee that has allegations of dirt.
A fine gnats tooth comb is going piece by piece through every ZC bank account, every charge card from here, SA,Dubai, UK et al
Every transaction, every "other" bank account set up in different names, every Board Member's lifestyle and how they are affording things.
By the end the ZC Board will be the clear loser perhaps some will even be charged looking at the data already collected.
Cricket players will always play...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 pm
No such luck TapsC

If the players play then the ZC Board will be slower losers.
If the players don't play then the ZC Board will be faster losers.

Understand there is probably a detailed investigation going on....every board member, every employee that has allegations of dirt.
A fine gnats tooth comb is going piece by piece through every ZC bank account, every charge card from here, SA,Dubai, UK et al
Every transaction, every "other" bank account set up in different names, every Board Member's lifestyle and how they are affording things.
By the end the ZC Board will be the clear loser perhaps some will even be charged looking at the data already collected.
Cricket players will always play...
I get it and keep up the pressure. My only concern is that if the domestic season continues then its an endorsement of Mukuhlani and co. Then there is no justifiable reason for them to step down before their mandate is done unless of course criminal charges are brought up like you are suggesting. Lets just hope this 'investigation' does not also take down some fan favourites here :lol: if its fair it could expose more than people expect

Also we have been down this road before and they survived. They were convicted for externelizing funds. The SRC even intervened suspended them and put an interim board in charge which was still chaired by Chingoka. Ridiculous stuff

http://www.espn.com/cricket/story/_/id/ ... d-riot-act

https://www.theindependent.co.zw/2006/0 ... hits-back/