My own topic for once.-who is the ZC board?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: My own topic for once.-who is the ZC board?

Post by Googly »

Taps- also you shouldn’t need to have to keep worrying about keeping both sides happy. There the problem right there. As soon as there’s a white face in any set up there’s an opportunity for a disgruntled employee to pull that magic card, and it gets heard every single damned time. Just once I want to hear a black boss say “you’re talking shit, sit the fuck down!” when someone starts muttering about race. Of course in most instances, as in this one, it suits the agenda. We’ve become conditioned to being overly sensitive to all this crap. This whole thing about Streak giving advance team selections to the white guys is utter crap. Maybe he discussed it with Cremer and he opened his mouth? Maybe he did tell the wrong person and it got out, but what the hell is the issue? If he told Raza, would that make him a Pakistani sympathiser or a Taliban supporter?? Jeez, get a grip.
Whichever National Black players that are muttering about that should be told to shut up.
CZ’s exclusion, inclusion then subsequent exclusion has been the root cause of much of this. Who’s stirring that pot? There are a few guys riding that horse. Hindsight is always easy, but he averaged 16 and never lasted more than 4 overs. C’mon. I’m a fan of the way he plays and his inherent ability, but that’s a big ask. The people behind that were hoping he was suddenly the best batsman on planet Earth, that’s the reality of that selection.
He should have been given a crack in Dubai first, if not sooner, that was the mistake. The second mistake was succumbing to outside racial pressures to pick him.
I really rate him and he’s someone that could probably make the necessary adjustments to succeed one in four times, which wouldn’t be a bad conversion rate.
His opportunity is comin right now in these T20’s and I wish him the very best.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mlizwa: Bvute is a director at Metbank , and ZC banks with MetBank,his Cousin Esther was the financial manager for ZC and now he’s life president for ZC and a consultant to the ZC board, and you call this Governance?
And i was thinking Bvute had walked away from ZC. The guy is the Life President. ZC just needs an overhaul period. The status core cannot continue.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Bvute should replace Mukuhalani, as he has great reputation in making white players retire. Bvute surely will make Taylor, Ervine, Cremer, Williams, Jarvis retire

All Black Team will make Zimbabwe top side again, just like in 2004

Zuhawao
Mire ( c )
Masakadza
Musakanda
Mutombodzi
Chakabva ( wk)
Jongwe
Chisoro
Chatara
Muzarabani
Mumba
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

tawac wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 am
Mlizwa: Bvute is a director at Metbank , and ZC banks with MetBank,his Cousin Esther was the financial manager for ZC and now he’s life president for ZC and a consultant to the ZC board, and you call this Governance?
And i was thinking Bvute had walked away from ZC. The guy is the Life President. ZC just needs an overhaul period. The status core cannot continue.
That is shocking. I saw that as well. His latest tweets suggest to me they are losing this battle. It needs the players to protest otherwise it just wont work. He is even suggesting that the ICC cut funding because the board wasnt dissolved

If the players keep quiet it will be business as usual. Mliswa and Coltart have many foes in the political arena

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

Googly wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 am
Because you can’t teach an average or above average 18 year old cricketer to become world class. Why do you think we keep coming 12-14th at this tournament?
I’ll tell you- our boys aren’t good enough. You can improve them significantly in the build up to the tournament, but they’re not going to cut it against the world’s best. Our u19 WC efforts over the years have proved this emphatically. The public keep hoping we’re going to make waves at the WC, especially this last one, with so much time, money and effort spent, but it’s totally naive. If you really want to create a competitive cricketer you have to get proper coaching programs and competitive cricket going from a much younger age. When they get to the U19 level they have to already be damned good or it’s not going to happen. When you’re in this squad you’re spending 30 minutes (if you’re lucky) in the nets maybe 3 or 4 times a week, that’s not enough and you’ve already missed the window to be top drawer. I’ve personally watched top young batsmen in 4 countries and by the time they’re 14/15 you can see they’re exceptional. There are always exceptions- KP for example, who was a late developer. He’s an anomaly, and we can’t rely on that, we need to get a small handful in every age group going well.
Here’s the problem- practically all these kids get tons of extra private coaching that is beyond what schools and ZC can offer. It requires money and dedicated parents and kids that can practice for an hour 3-4 times a week minimum. Top tennis players, golfers, swimmers practice hours a day yet our young batsmen hit balls for 20 minutes twice a week with very little coaching input and we expect them to set it alight? It’s impossible, end of story.
I hear you, but surely the two work together. Structured U19 pathways and junior/schools cricket needs to be in place to deliver the best possible international squad of players.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

How much do you reckon it would take to buy out the current board members?

There are calls everywhere for sacking, fine, have a go.

But if a transparent offer was made to each of them to take a golden handshake and never return to ZC, what do you reckon it would take?

Surely having a one-off redundancy to clear the decks would save stacks of thieving in the future?

What price would it be worth to them in an above board one-off cash payment to walk away?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Jemisi wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 am

What price would it be worth to them in an above board one-off cash payment to walk away?
You know its crazy when this is a serious question on a fansite... :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Who would be offering them that payout? As usual in this country the opposition is completely disorganized and no one of consequence is actually putting his head above the parapet. What “they” are trying to do is get government to intervene, and only black guys can do that. A white face there and there’s definitely no chance. Kazembe outwardly hasn’t been that helpful and has referred the matter to SRC, and I don’t think they’re going to do too much, and that’s obvious because “they” are now wanting to approach the President. The problem is “they” are guys who just seem to be shooting from the hip and don’t seem that organized, I hope I’m wrong.
It begs the question- who are the right people that SRC, the minister and the President will listen to? I don’t have the answer to that. Also you’ve got Bvute, Mukuhlani and Co just as quickly discrediting them and denying and countering. These are powerful people with fingers in many pies and entwined in the very fabric of Zanu politics and business interests. They’re not rolling over, that I promise you.
Whilst any and all pressure is good, we need the right delegation to be talking to the ICC, and I would guess Dave Richardson would be the most sympathetic, but they have turned a blind eye so far, so I’m not sure what it would take for them to finally make a stand. Who would be the right delegation? I can’t answer that either, but Streak, Taibu, some senior players and God knows who else I would say are essential.
For me it’s about the players and coaches. At the end of the day if they refuse to play any cricket something has to be done. Whilst any cricket whatsoever is being played they’re legitimising ZC. The buck stops with the players. There’s no ZC without them. Practically every one of them has been poorly treated, underpaid or unpaid in the past and they must surely recognize that we cannot continue this downward spiral, that we need legitimate people at the helm that have a plan that they’re capable of actioning and that they’re hard working and honest.
As I write that I’m scratching my head to think of anyone that ticks those boxes. Personally I’d love to see Ellman Briwn back in the hot seat, but his past association with the white regime will be used against him.
These players vex me, they’re like whipped dogs and so easily manipulated. Whether it’s a player or a voter, it seems like they can continually be swayed with empty promises and chump change. People here will do the most despicable things for $10 and a scud, so if you promise a player that this time around he will definitely get his $302 dollars on time and will get an extra coke with his free lunch he may well pad up. The national team are the worry, they actually earn decent money and will they stand up and be counted? Sadly I’d have to say they’d be even less inclined to do so. If any of them read this I have to say this-
Whilst cricket may limp along under the current regime and you could perhaps make a living to your retirements in a few years time, but what are you leaving behind?
Cricket won’t die tomorrow, but in 2-3 years time we will most certainly be much worse off than we are now and that will most certainly be squarely on your collective shoulders because you are the guys that have the most sway in all of this, and your combined vote of no confidence WILL be the difference between cricketing oblivion and the chance of a new dawn. Let that sit on your conscience, gentlemen.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:16 am
Jemisi wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 am

You know its crazy when this is a serious question on a fansite... :o
Yes.

But what do you reckon Kriterion?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:29 am
Who would be offering them that payout? As usual in this country the opposition is completely disorganized and no one of consequence is actually putting his head above the parapet. What “they” are trying to do is get government to intervene, and only black guys can do that. A white face there and there’s definitely no chance. Kazembe outwardly hasn’t been that helpful and has referred the matter to SRC, and I don’t think they’re going to do too much, and that’s obvious because “they” are now wanting to approach the President. The problem is “they” are guys who just seem to be shooting from the hip and don’t seem that organized, I hope I’m wrong.
It begs the question- who are the right people that SRC, the minister and the President will listen to? I don’t have the answer to that. Also you’ve got Bvute, Mukuhlani and Co just as quickly discrediting them and denying and countering. These are powerful people with fingers in many pies and entwined in the very fabric of Zanu politics and business interests. They’re not rolling over, that I promise you.
Whilst any and all pressure is good, we need the right delegation to be talking to the ICC, and I would guess Dave Richardson would be the most sympathetic, but they have turned a blind eye so far, so I’m not sure what it would take for them to finally make a stand. Who would be the right delegation? I can’t answer that either, but Streak, Taibu, some senior players and God knows who else I would say are essential.
For me it’s about the players and coaches. At the end of the day if they refuse to play any cricket something has to be done. Whilst any cricket whatsoever is being played they’re legitimising ZC. The buck stops with the players. There’s no ZC without them. Practically every one of them has been poorly treated, underpaid or unpaid in the past and they must surely recognize that we cannot continue this downward spiral, that we need legitimate people at the helm that have a plan that they’re capable of actioning and that they’re hard working and honest.
As I write that I’m scratching my head to think of anyone that ticks those boxes. Personally I’d love to see Ellman Briwn back in the hot seat, but his past association with the white regime will be used against him.
These players vex me, they’re like whipped dogs and so easily manipulated. Whether it’s a player or a voter, it seems like they can continually be swayed with empty promises and chump change. People here will do the most despicable things for $10 and a scud, so if you promise a player that this time around he will definitely get his $302 dollars on time and will get an extra coke with his free lunch he may well pad up. The national team are the worry, they actually earn decent money and will they stand up and be counted? Sadly I’d have to say they’d be even less inclined to do so. If any of them read this I have to say this-
Whilst cricket may limp along under the current regime and you could perhaps make a living to your retirements in a few years time, but what are you leaving behind?
Cricket won’t die tomorrow, but in 2-3 years time we will most certainly be much worse off than we are now and that will most certainly be squarely on your collective shoulders because you are the guys that have the most sway in all of this, and your combined vote of no confidence WILL be the difference between cricketing oblivion and the chance of a new dawn. Let that sit on your conscience, gentlemen.
It has to be a united effort from the players otherwise they will fail. I honestly think the chance is gone. The "opposition" clearly isnt united. It wont work if you have a faction of people (a lot of them are ex employees too which makes it worse) making noise. It has to be all of them and it has to be from within.