My own topic for once.-who is the ZC board?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: My own topic for once.-who is the ZC board?

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:14 am
Or pick the 3 guys that have slightly more than a snowball’s chance of making it and send them to the Kirsten or Lehman academy for proper coaching and use the balance of the cash to pay some players and buy some balls.
This would definitely be a better and cheaper idea. Usually these youth teams will have 4 or 5 decent players at most. You can quickly tell who they are. There is no need to support 15 guys in the UK for 4 months.

It looks like Taibu is quiet because he is still in the system. His support for this was crucial.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The real fact is what are they going to learn at those academies that they couldn’t learn at our own, if we had one, at CFX that had two quality coaches? From this one you weed out the average guys and then send a team down to SA to play at a fraction of the cost.
Plus now you have an academy set up where you can coach the 12-16 year olds where it’s reslly required, because by the time they’re 18, A’s I’ve said countless times, it’s a complete and utter waste of time.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

We need that ICC bailout otherwise we will always struggle.
You can't allow a man to limp along favouring his good leg because soon enough both legs will be buggered and he'll need a wheelchair.

We do ourselves and Africa as a whole no favours holding out the begging bowl to ICC. Can we as africans not run properly a company that receives over 100million in 4 year cycles, real US not bonds.

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

Googly wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 pm
The real fact is what are they going to learn at those academies that they couldn’t learn at our own, if we had one, at CFX that had two quality coaches? From this one you weed out the average guys and then send a team down to SA to play at a fraction of the cost.
Plus now you have an academy set up where you can coach the 12-16 year olds where it’s reslly required, because by the time they’re 18, A’s I’ve said countless times, it’s a complete and utter waste of time.
Why is it a complete and utter waste of time?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Because you can’t teach an average or above average 18 year old cricketer to become world class. Why do you think we keep coming 12-14th at this tournament?
I’ll tell you- our boys aren’t good enough. You can improve them significantly in the build up to the tournament, but they’re not going to cut it against the world’s best. Our u19 WC efforts over the years have proved this emphatically. The public keep hoping we’re going to make waves at the WC, especially this last one, with so much time, money and effort spent, but it’s totally naive. If you really want to create a competitive cricketer you have to get proper coaching programs and competitive cricket going from a much younger age. When they get to the U19 level they have to already be damned good or it’s not going to happen. When you’re in this squad you’re spending 30 minutes (if you’re lucky) in the nets maybe 3 or 4 times a week, that’s not enough and you’ve already missed the window to be top drawer. I’ve personally watched top young batsmen in 4 countries and by the time they’re 14/15 you can see they’re exceptional. There are always exceptions- KP for example, who was a late developer. He’s an anomaly, and we can’t rely on that, we need to get a small handful in every age group going well.
Here’s the problem- practically all these kids get tons of extra private coaching that is beyond what schools and ZC can offer. It requires money and dedicated parents and kids that can practice for an hour 3-4 times a week minimum. Top tennis players, golfers, swimmers practice hours a day yet our young batsmen hit balls for 20 minutes twice a week with very little coaching input and we expect them to set it alight? It’s impossible, end of story.

Googly

Post by Googly »

In order to motivate a kid and his family to do this they have to believe (not hope, because that’s like buying a lotto ticket) that there is a potential career in store for the player. The child has to watch the national team and say to himself “that’s where I want to be and that’s who I want to emulate.” Without that there’s absolutely no motivation to get out there and do it.
Not only that, but along the way there has to be exciting cricket, the kudos of playing annually for your country at age group level and recognition for your endeavours.
ZC have relied on private schools to produce them a few half decent batsmen in the age groups and then pad the rest of the team out with development players to pretend their grass roots is working. It’s a disgrace.
These schools are now no longer delivering and we’re in a downward spiral that won’t be stopped unless there’s renewed faith in the system. That means a new ZC, end of story. Without the belief that the controlling body is competent and providing career paths no sane kid is going to dedicate his childhood to hitting cricket balls.
Here’s the harsh reality- without a white face on that board that the white community know is a man of ability and integrity cricket will die in our community. We’ve been let down countless times by ZC for a variety of different reasons and we have no faith that they will look after us, or any other cricketers for that matter, and they’ve proved that for nearly two decades. As we proved to them in the past that we were racist, so they’ve returned the favour in spades and despite all the conciliatory noises there’s an inherent deep mistrust on both sides that won’t go away any time soon.
This current board is trying to pass the buck and anyone who believes that is either stupid or they’re part of the problem.
So our national side has 4 or 5 whites in the side yet there’s no representation on the board. As poor as our results continue to be, take these boys out and we will be worse off. The sad part is that these players are practically the only white guys who actually play cricket. There’s proof of the lack of faith we have and further proof of ZC’s biased policies. It begs the question what our side will look like when they go. Anyone who says we need a demographically representative side needs to consider that whites make up 0.0015% of the population.
At the private schools (minimum 60% black kids) they make up 95% of the cricket teams that produce 50% of our age group teams, and they’d be a higher percentage if selections were unbiased. Basically we want and need and deserve meaningful representation.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:29 am
In order to motivate a kid and his family to do this they have to believe (not hope, because that’s like buying a lotto ticket) that there is a potential career in store for the player. The child has to watch the national team and say to himself “that’s where I want to be and that’s who I want to emulate.” Without that there’s absolutely no motivation to get out there and do it.
Not only that, but along the way there has to be exciting cricket, the kudos of playing annually for your country at age group level and recognition for your endeavours.
ZC have relied on private schools to produce them a few half decent batsmen in the age groups and then pad the rest of the team out with development players to pretend their grass roots is working. It’s a disgrace.
These schools are now no longer delivering and we’re in a downward spiral that won’t be stopped unless there’s renewed faith in the system. That means a new ZC, end of story. Without the belief that the controlling body is competent and providing career paths no sane kid is going to dedicate his childhood to hitting cricket balls.
Here’s the harsh reality- without a white face on that board that the white community know is a man of ability and integrity cricket will die in our community. We’ve been let down countless times by ZC for a variety of different reasons and we have no faith that they will look after us, or any other cricketers for that matter, and they’ve proved that for nearly two decades. As we proved to them in the past that we were racist, so they’ve returned the favour in spades and despite all the conciliatory noises there’s an inherent deep mistrust on both sides that won’t go away any time soon.
This current board is trying to pass the buck and anyone who believes that is either stupid or they’re part of the problem.
So our national side has 4 or 5 whites in the side yet there’s no representation on the board. As poor as our results continue to be, take these boys out and we will be worse off. The sad part is that these players are practically the only white guys who actually play cricket. There’s proof of the lack of faith we have and further proof of ZC’s biased policies. It begs the question what our side will look like when they go. Anyone who says we need a demographically representative side needs to consider that whites make up 0.0015% of the population.
At the private schools (minimum 60% black kids) they make up 95% of the cricket teams that produce 50% of our age group teams, and they’d be a higher percentage if selections were unbiased. Basically we want and need and deserve meaningful representation.
What we need is people who can be diplomats and appeal to both sides. Taibu and Streak were that perfect combination to be honest and thats where that diplomacy I was talking about didnt come in. We need guys who can keep both sides happy. Unfortunately thats just the reality. We havent seen a team that has balanced it out. I could see how those selections looked like and I knew they would come back to haunt us somehow.

I agree there needs to be representation on the board. Its a big balancing act. Who do you think is capable of doing that from a white person's perspective? Those people need to be contacted ASAP to make sure when the next election process comes in they are ready. Doesnt even have to be a former cricket player. For example I know cricket isnt his main thing but I think Steve Vickers could definitely make a positive impact.

Somebody like Coltart wont work as he has been involved in too many issues before. Like the Flower and Olonga protest. Getting England not to tour etc. Those decisions ultimately hurt us fans and not the people in charge. We dont need situations like that anymore. This is why I dont back his calls for the board to be dissolved. Has he even thought about the consequences? We dont want things that hurt us fans anymore.
Last edited by TapsC on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.herald.co.zw/govt-wont-dissolve-zc-board/

Government has left it to the SRC. Mehluli claimed they were backing ZC. Lets see what happens.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... f=3&t=6907
http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/ ... de-of-hurt
Honestly I have lost all hope now. When Ozias Bvute and his cronies can get away with what they've done to the game, I don't expect much really. The ICC is hopeless as well. If they really did care, we wouldn't be in this mess. These thugs need to be imprisoned and punished severely. The current ZC chairman Tavengwa Mukuhlani himself is a buddy of Bvute!

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s only one man for the job, he ticks every box.
Dave Ellman-Brown, not as a figure head, but as the man who controls the purse strings and makes the decisions.
Money will roll in, we’ll get fixtures, people will be paid, the system will work and we have an outside chance or improving things. And he must have the right to fire the dead wood and employ the people he wants and get to the bottom of this loan scandal that has crippled us prematurely. We will be on our feet within a month.
This man put us on the map and he’s still alive and kicking. Fact!!
Flower is another, but he’d have a big price tag, and I doubt he’d make a move, he’s well set there and I would guess would not want to be far from his kids.

Kazembe Kazembe has blown us out of the water. Maybe we should bring Grace back to scare him? Nice pay day for him.