How Much do these guys really earn?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

How Much do these guys really earn?

Post by TapsC »

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/04/strea ... y-package/

Now this article got me really thinking about the figures involved here. When I said that I heard BT was on 35k a month a lot of people thought it was not possible. If Heath Streak was earning 23k do you not think they broke the bank for BT? Lance was on 12k. This is exactly why BT said he makes more money playing for Zimbabwe. This is also maybe why the Blessing/Jarvis salary comparison came up.

I know its obviously not a fair comparison but lets say if Jarvis is earning more than Raza which is most likely the case he needs to deliver the same way BT eventually did. He must be head and shoulders above the rest if he is earning a lot more than them just like BT showed. This is also why probably BT might accept the captaincy. He has a long term contract

No wonder why these guys are fighting for their jobs. Thats a lot. Whatmore was on 20k I think. What this tells me is that they wont struggle finding a new technical team. 20k a month is a lot of money for most coaches. Expect a foreign name to be announced soon. If they had any sense they would pay that money to Grant Flower.

Now this is not just about the players and coaches. If these guys are willing to part with that much money for a coach how much do they make themselves? How much is Mukuhlani earning for chairing the board? We need answers.

Those kind of figures are probably also why the majority of the guys like Taibu and Prosper are quiet. Just resign and reapply.

This is all based on the article being true by the way. You can never be sure

Googly

Re: How Much do these guys really earn?

Post by Googly »

Yeah but it’s short sighted. These players have to see the big picture.
Can you imagine how much ZC still owes in severance packages over the years? It must be in the millions, and I guarantee most has not been honoured. Their HR guy, aside from having had ghost workers on his payroll for many years is clearly not too smart. In fact I guarantee it’s an entire dept as opposed to an individual.
Our labour laws here were rehashed to fuck white employers and its backfired badly because there aren’t many left. I don’t think there’s one of us that hasn’t had a really hostile encounter with a car load of foaming trade unionists, but you don’t see them dare knock on ZC’s door. :lol: :lol:
I’m really interested in who gets paid in the green stuff and who gets Monopoly money, and specifically where that extra 50% evaporates to.
Going back to that loan- I’d love to see that agreement. I want to see how it’s U$ based with that interest rate. It’s inconceivable and I can almost can guarantee could be argued successfully in court.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

What currency??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Also someone disclosing their packages is just racial mischief, that’s confidential information. Did they release Hamilton’s or Solly’s?
Anyone supporting Blessing suddenly being on the same level as KJ’s is just stirring shit. Salaries get reviewed from time to time, not after one good game. Otherwise put them on a performance based contract. Of course no one will go for that because they’re struggling and they know with certainty that they will never see a cent in bonuses whilst their arseholes point downwards.
KJ has surprised everyone with his lack of pace but he’s hardly bowled badly and we need him. It was definitely worth the gamble, anyone who doesn’t think that is just stupid. If he is not doing better when his contract comes up for review then that’s the time to cut him back. One calculated mistake amidst a sea of theft and incompetence is hardly headline news.
I’m curious about the tax aspect as well. You effectively earn 50% less getting paid in Monopoly money yet get taxed the same? So your effectively taking an even bigger pay cut. Any argument that bond notes are our currency must then be applied to that loan repayment :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 am
What currency??
Thats the part which isnt clear. I think Lance should have been getting forex otherwise he wouldnt have come. I also think BT was given his upfront money in Forex. Probably Jarvis too. Those are assumptions I honestly dont know.

I highly doubt the ICC money is kept in Zimbabwe. I suspect ZC has their main account in a place like Dubai where our MD has been based for almost 6 months. This would then mean there are people getting forex and then there also people getting zim transfers. ZC has probably been burning money to stay alive. If you want to nail them on something thats probably it.

Only problem is I suspect that if they were keeping their money outside Zim then there are some bigwigs involved to keep them safe. If thats the case then they wont be going anywhere. Corruption is very real in Zim. Unbelievable levels sometimes. Dont be surprised to find out a minister or high level politician is getting 10000 deposited into an account in some foreign land every month just so that ZC can keep the forex outside.

This is a 100 million dollar cash cow. It will take a lot of backroom dealings and compromises to get rid of them. The best way is to divide them by offering some of the members of the board a future.weed them out bit by bit. If you go full hostile they will fight to the end

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 am
Also someone disclosing their packages is just racial mischief, that’s confidential information. Did they release Hamilton’s or Solly’s?
Anyone supporting Blessing suddenly being on the same level as KJ’s is just stirring shit. Salaries get reviewed from time to time, not after one good game. Otherwise put them on a performance based contract. Of course no one will go for that because they’re struggling and they know with certainty that they will never see a cent in bonuses whilst their arseholes point downwards.
KJ has surprised everyone with his lack of pace but he’s hardly bowled badly and we need him. It was definitely worth the gamble, anyone who doesn’t think that is just stupid. If he is not doing better when his contract comes up for review then that’s the time to cut him back. One calculated mistake amidst a sea of theft and incompetence is hardly headline news.
I’m curious about the tax aspect as well. You effectively earn 50% less getting paid in Monopoly money yet get taxed the same? So your effectively taking an even bigger pay cut. Any argument that bond notes are our currency must then be applied to that loan repayment :lol:
It definitely doesnt make sense to pay blessing ridiculous money. He has to earn his way to the top. He has barely played. Only problem is that Jarvis probably signed a long term contract so they have to stick with him :lol: I think he is an asset especially with Vitori struggling

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

I approached Sean Williams about a proing gig at my club in 2016. He said he was on $7500 a month on his national contract.

Not sure if that will have devalued post world cup exploits etc. He never mentioned bonuses or appearance. Think it may have just been a flat fee.

Obviously blew our £4,000 for our summer season out the window!!

Googly

Post by Googly »

The centrally contracted guys should all be earning at least that amount. BT should be on big bucks, he’s a top batman, our only world class player and there’s a big weight on his shoulders when he strides out to do battle.
They’re going to make the error of fucking these guys around when they’re at a particularly low ebb and pondering their futures under the muppet regime and it’s giing to backfire. As soon as you put a guy in an office, give him a suit, car and pointy shoes he becomes more important than the workers. :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I just hope it the bailout clears the debt we have they use that money to pay domestic players better. Thats my only wish . The difference between a domestic player and a national player is just too big for me. We need at least the top 5 domestic players in each team earning something decent so that a guy like Trenoworth(not sure if thats his name but the South African guy in the rising stars) can see an opportunity to brave it out for at least a year and try crack the national team.

We wont ever get a competitive domestic structure if it stays like this. At least 3000 a month for the A team guys so that they can go out there and really work on their game without thinking about too much. It will also decrease selection issues. I wouldnt be hurt by Streak sticking with a core group for a couple of years if I knew the guys being left out were not being financially affected by this. This is their life. They have families. Its not Streaks fault ultimately. The board needs to do better to provide.

The key for that to work would be to make sure the likes of Shingi Masakadza and Nyumbu and co are not the immediate beneficiaries of an improved domestic structure. We need to give it to the kids who are the future so that they stick around. That extra money which would be saved from paying interest should go to overahauling our domestic structure. More games,better coaches and better paid fringe players. The key to building a succesful team is having a strong squad of maybe 25 guys capable of stepping up. Thats the number of guys we need who only think about cricket when they wake up. This current board will never achieve this

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Its doesn't seem as though the ZC board will be going any where anytime soon.

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/zc-fiasco-govt-steps-in/

Things are very less complicated with regards the forex issue. Banks now essentially maintain a ledger for the forex one deposits and you can draw from that hard currency if need be. Just a way well to do organisations are keeping up with the times. No sure how disclosing these packages becomes racial mischief when salary caps for contracted BCCI players is common knowledge. Some of the perks of holding a public office which makes one accountable when they fail to deliver. There is big bucks at ZC no wonder why people across the racial spectrum are so interested. Interesting to note how the ZC MD is actually supposed to get any work done when he is in Dubai. No wonder why the Chairman has free reign and running around like a headless chicken.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'