How Much do these guys really earn?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: How Much do these guys really earn?

Post by Googly »

I’m sure he will get one. These players need representation come contract time. With respect to Blessing I don’t think he’d be a good negotiator.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Just a thought do the nationally contracted guys get paid retainers by their franchise too? So out of the 10k for franchise players the national players get a cut of that too?

Or would someone like Prince or Forster, Donald be one of the higher paid franchise guys say on 1k and the likes of say a Gupo or Munyaradzi on pay as you play?

What kind of contract would a younger guy around the A team like Kunje, Kasuza, Chari, Mutombodzi be on? I guess they warrant a better than pay as you play deal from the franchises to get them to sign each year.

I'd be very keen to actually see what kind of pay bracket the national guys, franchise lads with experience at Full National level, the franchise lads around the A teams / high performance squad are actually on. Then below that I guess its the pay as you play lads.

Would make for interesting reading. How much is that pay as you play deal worth. $100 a game? or PURELY PERFORMANCE BASED ON RUNS AND WICKETS?

No wonder guys play overseas.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Pay as you play normally means you have no medical cover and you get $50 for ODI and $150-200 for 4 day.
National contracted players get nothing extra from the franchise.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 am
Pay as you play normally means you have no medical cover and you get $50 for ODI and $150-200 for 4 day.
National contracted players get nothing extra from the franchise.
thanks Jimmy.

How about a Prince or Forster, Madziva, Jongwe who has played for national side.

Would they be the guys on $1k?

Do the franchises provide their own funds for paying guys on their team through sponsorship?

Is the roster of players for each franchise entitled to payment as per what other forumites put up at the start of the season. There's usually 20-25 players named in each squad right?

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

yep Forster and those guys will be around the max ~$1k
Nope the franchises use $10k a month from zc to pay for their players.
Sponsors??? I don't think you'll find sponsors at franchise level anymore simply because no one will sponsor where they feel the money or goods will be misused.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ljriley90 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 am

Would make for interesting reading. How much is that pay as you play deal worth. $100 a game? or PURELY PERFORMANCE BASED ON RUNS AND WICKETS?
Always astounds me how often people think this is a good idea in a team sport.

If people only got paid in runs and wickets, bowlers would be going in for the kill every ball at times they need to restrict runs.

Cremer will come on first change and bowl out the innings, at least when the tail comes in.

Batsman will be knocking out singles instead of going hammer and tongs when they need 30 of 11 balls. You’ll see these batsman DEFINITElY take a single on ball 6 of an over if nothing else.

You’ll also see punchups in the dressing room for batsman to bat at 3/4.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*