#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

8-)

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s not rocket science Taps. It’s what has to be done if we are to survive. But ZC have no common sense, they know they’re in fight for their survival and because they know the square root of fuck all they always need to get advice, the problem is they change advisors like....I was going to say underpants, but maybe Range Rovers would be more indicative of regularity :lol:
They also need a front because they know the ICC know that they know zippity doo dah and they’re more slippery than eels in a bucket of snot. That’s probably a combo of Van Ver Bijl and AC that tick that box.
Alistair Campbell is definitely back in the mix and it’s a good thing. He gets things done and he’s a brilliant speaker. I just worry that he’s going to over elaborate that academy, they need coaching, bowling machines and games, he doesn’t need to overload it with cardiologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, nutritionists etc because they just eat up the cash. We really need a Merlin 3, that would be money well spent.
He needs to get Tino into his corner and hopefully TT and Matsikenyeri. That’s 4 cricketing brains that should be on the same page and they won’t get steam rolled by the Board. I just hope they pull together and don’t start jostling. I don’t know what it would take for TT to come back into the fold, but he needs to. We need all the Colours of Benaton or it’s minutes before some idiot starts squealing.
Whether those two academies are going hand in hand or opposing one another remains to be seen, there’s clearly a lot happening.
This is all supposition and in the absence of concrete evidence and zero PR from ZC I guess this is also what the forum is for. Clearly a lot of people do actually read this which is why quite a few of our on the ground guys have gone silent. The stakes are high and people are keeping their noses clean. Change is in the air, I’m grimly averse to compromise, but it’s better than nothing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

These contract renewals are going to be game changing. It’s going to be very very interesting. I mean without some expert advice they’re going to make a pig’s ear of it and the tithing will be something to behold if certain parties get involved. This needs to be properly done.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I forgot to mention Gary Brent. This man is crucial to any Zim set up. He’s a no nonsense gentleman and as tough as they come. Ask those Mountaineers batsmen about him. If they’d had him to prepare these Zim batters for this series they would not have folded as they did, half would have folded in the nets, and those that survived would have been good to go :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:48 pm
15 yrs ago the cricket community was smaller and whilst Zimbabwe was an outlier, very much apart of the Test family.

When news of the rebellion hit, it made news, even here in oz it was broadcast in the papers and tv. Not massively, but it got airtime.
Now in the expanded t29 world we are just a blip on the radar. Zim never makes news. No one cares anymore. People who knew probably are just rolling their eyes saying ‘typical’ and people who don’t know still don’t know.

Zim have fucked themselves
You've hit the nail on the head.

Zimbabwe are completely and totally irrelevant now. I don't see any way out of it, even if BT and co return that just buys a few years before we're in the Kenya category if we aren't already there.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The first priority is to get a legitimate Chairman that has international credibility.
Next step is to buy time with a competitive national side whilst we try and get some decent players to come through. We don’t have to win too many, but we can’t capitulate without so much as a whimper as we’ve been doing.
Third step is to urgently get some A tours going with some genuine prospects in the side.
Fourth step is to trim our FC so we save money and genuinely get strength vs strength.
Fifth- Resurrect competitive club cricket and somehow try and make them not dependent on ZC.
Sixth- get a proper academy going.
Seventh- a proper age group program where the genuinely talented boys get year round coaching.
Eighth- A complete revamp of school cricket. Compulsory club cricket for the better schoolboys. There is absolutely no point in spending unnecessary money on u19’s until we get a good group of boys. We should shoot for the WC after next.

This is a top down fix. This grass roots nonsense has to be shelved. It cannot work, it’s too expensive. We need two proper talent scouts that can find good kids and get them into the few schools remaining with facilities. All we need is Takashinga, Mawoyo’s new venture and Streak’s in Bulawayo to help with that.

First choice chairman is Andy Flower. He doesn’t have to be here all the time and we would finally be taken seriously. Taibu, Mawoyo and Campbell on the Board
and a proper Scrooge evil accountant to prevent the disgusting leakages. One central board. 5k a month ea.
Scrap every other board, committee and whatever other nonsense is going on out there.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

A barebones operation like Flower -> Taibu/Mawoyo/Campbell is absolutely the answer. But totally unrealistic.

What is a realistic alternative whereby you still have the chefs in some prestigious ceremonial role, but sidelined to the extent where they don't even realise they have been marginalised? If anyone comes up with the answer to that question, then we have the answer as to how to save Zimbabwe Cricket.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We can’t afford that and it’s too late for that, plus they’d just be constantly stirring the pot. We really need an immediate overhaul.
The first thing ZANU/ZC did was to create jobs for the boys. Every single government dept is massively over staffed. It’s like SA Airways. :lol:
That legacy in ZC will be tough to break. Remember at one point they apparently had 700 staff which was supposedly trimmed to 250. I find both those numbers hard to believe. No one seems to know the exact number, but at 250 that’s more staff than players!!

If you had 3 FC sides how many guys do you actually need?
The problem is you need ZC to employ ground staff for these sides and for the club grounds, but in one town like Harare you could have 10 guys with equipment on a big truck that are responsible for most of the grounds.
But as far as admin and technical staff go ZC could operate with 30 people. That’s just a thumb suck figure, I haven’t really thought about it in depth, but I guarantee that’s significantly less than their staff contingent now.
It leaves meaningful money for tours and those players lucky/good enough to be in the mix.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

eugene wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:08 pm
I am seeing claims from a former ZCFer in the twitterverse that the current board will be out by the end of the month. Anyone else think this has credibility?
Picked this up as well. He is usually in the loop. Something might be happening. I hope something happens

Googly

Post by Googly »

I know it’s greedy but the icing on the cake would be a proper investigation with all the information that’s coming to light. If guys knew they were safe there would be the sweet music of a whistle blowing symphony, it would sound like an angry football referees’ convention. They will have a 300hp supercharged paper shredder and a mystery fire if those guys leave office.