#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 am
Yep it is true.
SRC have suspended the board pending an audit by an INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED AUDITOR.
Good luck you bunch of fucktards.
Congratulations to myself for the hard work and personal sacrifice to this end and i was no where near as point as many others that struggled to put thir money where there mouth is. Even if politics intervenes from here, it is a great example of good coming together and its not often that so few have done so much for so many.....(too much hyperbole?? :D
So frigging happy at this news :lol: :D :W: :W: :W: :W: :W: :W: :W: :W: :W: :W:
but that's not right is it. What is the point of postponing it if you are going to let politics interfere. The auditor needs to not give in to these guys and have a spine and hold them accoutnable.
Googly wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am
Have a look at Titan Law’s tweet. The letter is there.
https://twitter.com/TitanLaw1

Link in case anyone else wants to see it

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

but that's not right is it. What is the point of postponing it if you are going to let politics interfere. The auditor needs to not give in to these guys and have a spine and hold them accoutnable.
Fingers crossed Zimboss-05 fingers crossed. :D

Nothing can be worse than the last lot. Even if we have 10 deaf and blind people from the hummmadoolas who have never heard of cricket ...they will still do 1000% better job than the peanut gallery that has been there.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:27 am
jaybro wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 am

That seems like more of a hopeful guess rather than actually knowing??
It's actual knowledge
Who are they ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

No one is really sure what’s happening with these elections. A couple of people think they may have disregarded the letter and gone ahead, others think not, but that they’ve gone to ICC and complained that there’s now government interference, which essentially it is and is not tolerated by ICC. It’s obvious that card was going to be played, but only the guys on the inside will know how ICC will respond. They have given the current board their blessing of sorts so it will be hard for them to now say “yes we need yet more proof that your slate is clean.”
SRC will need overwhelming evidence to keep ICC at bay or to get them to countenance this.
Being in charge of an annual 10 million dollar budget means there’s absolutely nothing that will be held in abeyance in the struggle for power.
If SRC overplay their hand there is a real risk of ICC suspending us I would think. Edge of the seat stuff.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:39 am
No one is really sure what’s happening with these elections. A couple of people think they may have disregarded the letter and gone ahead, others think not, but that they’ve gone to ICC and complained that there’s now government interference, which essentially it is and is not tolerated by ICC. It’s obvious that card was going to be played, but only the guys on the inside will know how ICC will respond. They have given the current board their blessing of sorts so it will be hard for them to now say “yes we need yet more proof that your slate is clean.”
SRC will need overwhelming evidence to keep ICC at bay or to get them to countenance this.
Being in charge of an annual 10 million dollar budget means there’s absolutely nothing that will be held in abeyance in the struggle for power.
If SRC overplay their hand there is a real risk of ICC suspending us I would think. Edge of the seat stuff.
I am kind of not surprised to read this. ICC are as corrupt as ZC and why would they want to be held accountable by any well functioning board.
jaybro wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am
Who are they ?
As he has been picked up by ZRP a couple time and run ins with Bvute (Ozias wanted to take him to court for defamation), I've been asked not to say his name.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m hearing the elections went ahead so the gauntlet has been thrown down. If that’s the case we await SRC’s riposte. We’re on dangerous ground with ICC if SRC choose to flex their muscles. Also bear in mind that there’s an element of politics in this, ZC are in one Zanu camp and the chairman of SRC is in another.
I’m just repeating what I’ve heard second hand because there’s so much cloak and dagger stuff around this and there’s radio silence, which is always the first indication of skullduggery. I find ICC’s endorsement of ZC disturbing, it just doesn’t add up, ZC have friends in high places. The next few days/weeks are going to be very interesting.
The new SRC have some smart people, maybe they’re naive though, ZC are old hands at fending off accusations.
Let’s see....

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:38 am
I’m hearing the elections went ahead so the gauntlet has been thrown down. If that’s the case we await SRC’s riposte. We’re on dangerous ground with ICC if SRC choose to flex their muscles. Also bear in mind that there’s an element of politics in this, ZC are in one Zanu camp and the chairman of SRC is in another.
I’m just repeating what I’ve heard second hand because there’s so much cloak and dagger stuff around this and there’s radio silence, which is always the first indication of skullduggery. I find ICC’s endorsement of ZC disturbing, it just doesn’t add up, ZC have friends in high places. The next few days/weeks are going to be very interesting.
The new SRC have some smart people, maybe they’re naive though, ZC are old hands at fending off accusations.
Let’s see....
ICC see Zim has the team they can hang on to to say the game is worldwide. They don't see us as any sort of importance in the grander scheme of things, so they are not bothered if we are run by fools or not. If we were run by competent people, we might actually do well, which would then threaten the teams at the top and break the bubble that they have created. Can you imagine if teams like Bangladesh, Zim, West Indies, Afghanistan actually were well run, funded, and supported and became top teams, BCCI would not be happy.

If the elections have gone ahead, then again, not surprised. These guys do not really care about the interests of anyone other than themselves. Like that MP who was flashing his Lamborghini around a few days ago and talking of how hard he worked and blah blah, whilst half the country can barely afford to eat.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

https://twitter.com/ZimCricketv/status/ ... 61121?s=19

RE-ELECTED: Tavengwa Mukuhlani has been retained as Zimbabwe Cricket board chairman. He was unanimously voted in for his second four-year term during the elective AGM held in Victoria Falls on Friday. Congratulations, Doc! #AGM #NewBoard

Seems like the Doc et al defied SRC! We wait and see

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Can't say I'm surprised. Look at the photo of the board. Most of them look like they've never seen a cricket bat. Except for Ed, I would like to know all of their credentials.

Having an ex player on the board is good, but I don't know much about him to judge whether he is a good type of ex-player to have or not.

Told you jimmy. ZC board will do whatever they want. They do not care about the fans or the game.

Googly

Post by Googly »

SRC wield some authority and that’s the equivalent of a double glove slap across both cheeks :lol: :lol:
Ya I got sent that pic of the board as well. Utterly shameless. I’m willing to bet there are people there that know more about nuclear fission than cricket.