#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

Zolsky is Frank Mawoza’s account. He spent last year sending death threats to various people, Patrick Gada in particular. I don’t know if the matter has been cleared up yet but there was a thought that it was actually one of the big bosses who’d set up a fake account or was using him to scare people. These threats are not to be taken lightly and people have had to abscond in the past because their safety was genuinely threatened- Taibu, Gada and Jonty amongst others. The stuff he’s sent is despicable and prosecutable in a fair and just society. He’s followed by that reporter who’s been the mouthpiece of the board for many years, that tells you all you need to know.
Last edited by Googly on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I never got exactly to the bottom of the venom between Gada, Jonty and this guy. Maybe Jonty could fill us in.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Holy shit balls! This is happening. An audit and DEB is genuinely involved in this, it isn’t just fresh air reporting.
I hope things get turned upside down and the looters are finally put in their rightful place, jail!!
As I say, I’d have loved to have seen Makoni’s face this morning upon being told to fuck off by the SRC. What a parasite

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://www.herald.co.zw/sports-commiss ... aches-icc/

THE Sports and Recreation Commission have written to the International Cricket Council, explaining the recent developments in Zimbabwe.

This follows the suspension of the entire Zimbabwe Cricket board and its managing director Givemore Makoni last Friday on allegations of defying a Government directive and financial mismanagement.

In a letter directed to ICC’s chief executive Manu Sawhney, the Sports Commission’s board chairman Gerald Mlotshwa yesterday explained the resolution taken by his board.

“You will have received a copy of the board resolution, signed by myself, regarding the suspension of the entire Zimbabwe Cricket Board and the acting managing director of ZC on the 21st instant.

“Pursuant to the suspension, the SRC arranged for police details to man the outside parameter of ZC’s headquarters in Harare to ensure that no assets or other documents, especially of a financial nature, left the premises.

“This is in light of the impending forensic audit into the financial affairs of Zimbabwe Cricket over the years, including the manner in which public and International Cricket funds have been utilised.

“The police details were under strict instructions to allow all those members of staff not affected by the suspension to enter their place of work and carry on with the day-to-day business of Zimbabwe Cricket.

“This circumstance was also explained to the private security company that appears to have always guarded the premises.

“Notwithstanding the foregoing, we are in receipt of reports from various sources, including the Press, alerting us to the fact that employees of ZC are being prevented from accessing their place of business by the private security company.

“This is happening at most of ZC premises, including Harare Sports Club, where the groundsmen reported that they had been told to go back home by the suspended ZC chairman until further notice.

“There appears to be an orchestrated attempt to cause maximum confusion, fear and despondency within the employees of ZC, including the professional cricketers themselves.

“We are very much aware of the two persons causing this unnecessary distress.

“These persons no longer have the authority at law to direct in any manner the affairs of Zimbabwe Cricket.

“Indeed, their behaviour, unsurprising as it is, vindicates in the most emphatic of ways, the type of ‘administrators’ we are dealing with.

“Their behaviour is simply not civilised, nor is it lawful.

“The interim chairman of ZC, David Ellman-Brown, his fellow interim directors and myself will attend ZC Headquarters tomorrow (today) to assess the situation, and importantly, to address and assure staff as regards continuity, subject of course to the SRC’s resolution and the terms of reference thereof.

“David himself, will be in touch with you formally shortly, if not after tomorrow’s (today) meeting with staff. There will be emphasis in his communication regarding the very need for operational assistance from the ICC, particularly in regard to the determination of the historical and current financial status of Zimbabwe Cricket.

“We believe that the concerns of SRC coincide with that of the ICC. Zimbabwe Cricket cannot continue to lurch from one controversy to another. It must all end and be resolved conclusively in the best interests of Zimbabwean cricket,” read part of the letter sent to the ICC by Mlotshwa.

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://www.herald.co.zw/src-zc-stand-off-rages-on/

Eddie Chikamhi Senior Sports Reporter

THE Sports and Recreation Commission have directed the suspended Zimbabwe Cricket Board to seek recourse in the courts of law in accordance with the SRC Act if they are not happy with Government’s decision to kick them out of office.

The ZC board was suspended last Friday for defying a Government directive to suspend an elective AGM.

However, suspended chairman Tavengwa Mukuhlani has maintained they are still the bonafide leadership despite the installation of an interim committee led by veteran cricket administrator Dave Ellman-Brown.

ZC’s acting managing director Givemore Makoni was also suspended. And, in an interesting development, the ZC staff yesterday woke up to a big surprise when they found their office doors locked, with police sealing off the premises in Newlands.

One of the workers said they had reported for duty since they thought the suspensions only applied to the board and the managing director.

“ZC suspended directors have locked the premises of Zimbabwe Cricket with instructions that no one is to enter the premises.

“All staff have been prevented from entering the premises by the private security company hired by ZC. Police details are monitoring the ZC HQ to ensure that no assets and other documents leave the premises pending a forensic audit by the interim committee in conjunction with the ICC,” said Sports Commission board chairman Gerald Mlotshwa yesterday.

The Sports Commission board chairman said they have been communicating with the ZC board over the allegations levelled against them until a decision to suspend them was reached last Friday.

Chairman of the suspended ZC board Mukuhlani has vowed to fight the suspension and made allegations of long-running personal vendettas between him and Mlotshwa.

But Mlotshwa dismissed these allegations.

“I think these guys are raising a lot of baseless allegations which shouldn’t be entertained.

“We wrote to them on June 13 with the directive to suspend their elective AGM and they defied that order.

“We sent another letter the following Monday asking them to explain why they had disregarded a Government directive and we even warned that action could be taken in accordance with Section 30 of the SRC Act.

“So if they are not happy with the action, they must go to the courts in accordance with Section 32 of the Act. In terms of law, if you have a problem with the law, there is recourse through the courts of law.

“They must go to the courts,” said Mlotshwa.

An interim board led by former ZC chairman and CEO Ellman-Brown, is set to take over the affairs of the organisation until a new election is held by September next year.

Mlotshwa said they noted electoral malpractices and financial mismanagement as the other reasons for the suspension of the ZC board.

But Mukuhlani maintained Sports Commission erred in that they did not give them the right to be heard and have also not communicated their decision formally.

He also alleged that the Sports Commission board chairman, Mlotshwa, “is fighting personal vendettas” with him.

“In so far as we are concerned we are a legitimate board, we were properly elected through a proper electoral process.

“We have never been asked to be heard by the SRC board, of which we are entitled to be heard. The chairman of the SRC cannot be the judge, the complainant and the police at the same time. There is no law like that.

“He has never met Zimbabwe Cricket and in his first board meeting he suspends the ZC board. That’s absurd. As per the provision of the Act, we were supposed to be invited for a hearing and get the opportunity to give our presentation.

“In any case, in all those allegations, they are using the documentation that was submitted by the push committee to Minister Kazembe Kazembe when he was still the Minister of Sport and it was championed by the now chairman of the SRC.

“So he is only furthering the agenda that he has always had. It would appear that the SRC chairman came with a resolution when he was appointed to the board.

“It is very clear. Gerald Mlotshwa wanted to liquidate Zimbabwe Cricket. In essence, he wanted to remove the board. So he is only fulfilling his desire by abusing Section 30 of the SRC Act and abusing his new office. But we will not sit back, we will fight for justice.

“We will not allow the SRC (board) chairman to use bullying tactics to make associations submit to his agenda.

“Mlotshwa should have recused himself from issues to do with ZC because he is seriously conflicted.

“In any case, he has raised allegations, and they remain allegations until proven true. As it stands everyone at ZC is innocent until proven guilty,” said Mukuhlani.

He also denied allegations of financial impropriety. Mukuhlani said they will not co-operate with a new audit to be established by the Sports Commission until they get results from a Government-instituted audit that has been taking place.

“We have had an audit since last year, which was supposed to end in November but the SRC, for their own convenience, are terminating the contract of the auditor without giving us the findings of that audit.

“We have been working with the auditors, we co-operated. Remember that audit was instituted by the minister and we co-operated with him fully and all we are saying is the SRC should give us the results of that audit.

“So we are clear in our conscience that the SRC wants to manipulate the audit. They have a predetermined outcome.

“That’s why they want a new audit and we are not going to accept that. We will only accept an audit that comes from the ICC,” said Mukuhlani.

kudet

Post by kudet »

i hope the ICC will be objective in handling this issue, surely they cant ignore the concerns raised by the src, and mukuhlani playing his game of a sinister agenda against him. interesting will be how the ICC handles this, do they deem this to be government interference or they would want to do away with this corrupt lot. also, would D.E.B accept to be interim chair knowing its a dead end. this surely has to be something solid.

Shortleg

Post by Shortleg »

Thanks kudet. I guess we can speculate as much as we want about the final outcome but something in the letter to the ICC that is a big red flag is that Mlotshwa says DEB will be in touch. That implies he hasn't spoken to the ICC. Who know maybe he has off record but if this is their first communication to the ICC then this is not going to be good.

Shortleg

Post by Shortleg »

I also feel like classic Zim the old board would rather see ZC burn than move on quietly. They will forever be undermining any efforts of ZC in the future using their political connections. Such is the African way. Not to be a pessimist but the way things work in Zim I don't believe this is going anywhere other than turning into a shit show. Hopefully Im wrong.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Bit of an inside scoop and I can’t name names, but I spoke to a certain somebody within ZC and this is legit happening. DEB has in fact already made contact with an ICC official and this is going to be taken very seriously. What my contact DID say, however, is that there’s members of the SRC who are just as bad as Doc and Takemore, although he said DEB is as switched on as they come and simply wouldn’t have gotten involved without assurances. Apparently Brown has been approached by three current players as well, to help sort the mess out, as a plea for help. I love being the bearer of good news 💕💕💕

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:35 am
Bit of an inside scoop and I can’t name names, but I spoke to a certain somebody within ZC and this is legit happening. DEB has in fact already made contact with an ICC official and this is going to be taken very seriously. What my contact DID say, however, is that there’s members of the SRC who are just as bad as Doc and Takemore, although he said DEB is as switched on as they come and simply wouldn’t have gotten involved without assurances. Apparently Brown has been approached by three current players as well, to help sort the mess out, as a plea for help. I love being the bearer of good news 💕💕💕
If this is true I’ll get naked it’s that exciting
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!