#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

No one makes decisions based on what’s right and wrong, It all comes down to politicking and expediency. In this case the ICC will fear setting a precedent that could possibly open a can of worms in other thieving countries. I know that’s a bit jaundiced, but living in Zim does that to you.
If the ruling goes against DEB then what’s SRC’s move here? Do they continue with their investigations and suspension or do they throw in the towel or do they perhaps negotiate? They hold the trump card because they can bring the bus to a stop.
If the ruling is in favour of DEB do they give these ZC crooks a free pass or do they really stick the knife in?
The day we see an in-depth analysis on how that Metbank bailout happened and the repayment schedule we will know with finality what we’ve been dealing with.

Googly

Post by Googly »

At the end of the day ZC can keep falling back on their audited financial reports. Although these need to be revisited in-depth that’s a long process and in my opinion will ultimately show some internationally accredited auditors in a very poor light.
It’s also going to require a court order to get Metbank to hand over pertinent information and they’ve had years to make that look a lot different to reality. Any investigatory committee that SRC sets up would have to have people on it with no affiliations to ZC, Metbank or even ZANU. They won’t be easy.
Anyway we’re just very interested bystanders. Let’s see how it rolls.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I have a labour lawyer friend that works for ANC, he gets tasked all the time with investigating this municipality or that because the Gov is trying to keep tabs on who’s taking what. They only want certain people feeding at the trough and they double check what they’re taking and that is filed for future use. Every investigation is halted by a phone call when he’s dug deep enough and the trail stops at someone really important.
It’s the same with Metbank. Someone important will call that one off.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

We could potentially see a split. Not too sure on the other boards, but I can see something like this;

Mukuhu support: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan,

DEB support: Australia, England, New Zealand, Ireland

Unsure: South Africa, West Indies

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:06 am
I might be barking up the wrong tree completely, but I fear the worst.
Me too.

For a while I thought this could gather momentum, but it's going to end badly.

The ICC are the sort of organisation that if a building was on fire and they were holding a hose, they wouldn't use it because they didn't have the proper paperwork processed to turn the tap on. So it's a certainty that they'll back the Mukhu board, and probably suspend Zim in the process.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Curious to know but it seems like people blame the current/suspended board led by Tavengwa Mukuhlani for issues preceding their rein which started in 2015, just wanted to clear it up for myself because it seems people think this board and the Peter Chingoka board are the same?

Was Mukuhlani on the ‘Chingoka board’ as well? Are there any members from the Mukuhlani board that were also on the Chingoka board? Or are they all from the same social club? What’s the go?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 am
Curious to know but it seems like people blame the current/suspended board led by Tavengwa Mukuhlani for issues preceding their rein which started in 2015, just wanted to clear it up for myself because it seems people think this board and the Peter Chingoka board are the same?

Was Mukuhlani on the ‘Chingoka board’ as well? Are there any members from the Mukuhlani board that were also on the Chingoka board? Or are they all from the same social club? What’s the go?
Wasn't there about a year in between where there was the Manase board?

Gut feeling is THAT was the decent board after the Chingoka disaster, and the Mukhu board ousting them a year later was essentially a return to regular programming.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They are ALL one and the same with the same puppet masters. Nobody hands over the purse strings voluntarily.
It’s just musical chairs to create smoke and mirrors.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Hope I’m not being naive but I’m a bit more optimistic than youse.

Remember that the reason the SRC stepped in was because ZC were breaking the law of the nation.
This is in spite of cricketing consequences so I think ICC can see that it isn’t necessarily a cricket decision at its core.

As an extreme example, let’s pretend Mukhulani and co had an underground torture chamber and a few Gimp slaves and a handful of sex trafficked Chinese prostitutes frozen in the fridge. Would ICC call that political interference if Mukhi was removed?
Instead of Ben stokes getting suspended for illegal behaviour, it is suits. Wasn’t government interference then by the ECB, wouldn’t you agree?
This isn’t far off. A sporting government body is removing a board due to corruption and theft. They broke the law of the land.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Did ZC break the law of the land?

The SRC is just a "quango", they aren't law enforcement. Bottom line is they ousted an "elected" board and installed their own people in its place.
Imagine if it was a DEB board accused by the SRC of fraud and they had installed a Mukhu board in its place. We'd all be screaming due process and government cronyism.

The ICC won't want to set a precedent.