#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hxfIoNC1kEc

If you ever have the time you must follow Paul westwood on Twitter, or at least read his posts. He has it in for Temba Mliswa and continuously exposes what’s he’s up to. He’s in charge of an anti corruption parliamentary committee. He actually brings up a lot of good stuff, but he’s up to his neck in it himself.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Trending on Twitter is the disappearance of Murombo, the military man in charge of one of the Presidential guard details and a leaked audio of the First Lady having the most disconcerting conversation about a threat to the presidency by a section of the military. I know this isn’t the place for all of this, but things are getting tight here, cricket will not be high on our list if priorities quite soon.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

You reckon another coup is on the cards?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think it’s been largely neutralized, the problem is between the president and the general, who’s not around. He’s sick and he’s in SA I believe. The issue is that the army is divided and there are restless people everywhere.
Teachers here earn the equivalent of $60 a month, that’s basically $2 per working day, there are many civil servants who’s wages are not dissimilar. I don’t think government doctors are too far off that either. We have a bloated civil service, in fact the gov is by far the biggest employer, yet the very few people that are employed earn peanuts. The lower ranked army guys probably get paid in local currency and it would be more than they pay other civil servants and the higher up guys I’m sure earn USD.
Private sector employers in the past would often give a portion in usd or an equivalent so people can get by, but things are so tight here now that they’re paying the gov stipulated minimum wage, which is around that $2 a day mark. It’s just not sustainable beyond the next few weeks. Either the governor’s miracle monetary policy has to kick in and work (it can’t and won’t) or we’re looking st more stayaways and rock throwing fairly soon.
People are openly saying to Chamisa- just say the word, but that’s bravado, people don’t want to get shot and beaten. I honestly don’t know what will happen but something has to give. The only thing I can think of is some sort of dialogue between Chamisa and ED, but I don’t know what that will solve. It’s a very poor situation and getting worse by the day.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Do you really believe that something will give Googly? How is this any different from the last 20 years... Zimbabweans are too meek and docile, people will just adjust as usual and soon, wages of $US20 a month will be considered normal

Googly

Post by Googly »

No this time it’s a bit different. This time the money has really run out. There’s so little industry that they can actually afford to switch off the electricity and there’s very few people to actually complain. What little is generated is barely enough to sustain the hierarchy and key personnel- military and police basically. They’re banking on the public continuing with glum and dumb resignation, but this time around it feels different.
When the coffers are completely empty people notice when there’s an irregularity, and now that there are so many factions and divisions people will spill the beans on social media. Stuff comes out daily that you would never ever hear about in a million years, and it’s there for everyone to see by the hour. The problem is that it’s almost sensory overload because it’s hard to believe the absolute rape and pillage that goes on. It’s apparent that this has always been the order of the day, but the sheer scale of it is something to behold. There is nothing that has not been broken, the only thing that remains intact is their ability to control and manipulate.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I mentioned in the last but one post about the army getting paid more than most. That’s bizarrely always the key. As long as a person is earning more than his neighbour somehow that makes it ok and they feel they’re on a good wicket and mustn’t rock the boat. Not only that, they’re willing to do something unreasonable/horrible. It’s a clear strategy and it works.
We see it all the time. It’s what ZC has done with key personnel and players. It must have been something the old Madalas learnt when they went for military training in Russia and China. It works and it’s hard for me to grasp.
Last edited by Googly on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Why don’t you just leave

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

You’re clearly too good, too well educated and too switched on for Zimbabwe. I’m being serious. they don’t deserve people like you who are actively trying to make things better.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t have enough money to leave. I’d have to go to somewhere like the UK and get a shit job on a barely liveable salary. I’d rather take my chances here.
Currently we get our electricity turned on after 10pm some days or not at all. It’s always turned off around 5am. This is not just in residential areas, we now wait for the electricity to be turned on and we do our washing, ironing, people mow lawns, fill water tanks, make food for the next day etc etc. it’s bizarre.
People with generators use them sparingly because fuel is an issue. Others with real money have gone completely off the grid with solar. 15k installations and they will never need electricity again. Government will find s way to tax them as well. When they cut off our water 15 years ago they started with a borehole tax. Their dry humping of us just never ends. We’re fed up.