#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

So the last two pages is all doom and gloom from everyone except Googly, who is optimistic.

I’ve woken up in an alternate universe where everything is opposite today.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Well, what did we expect from the ICC. If they have allowed the corruption to last all these years, why would they now care to change things. They have not only suspended us, but asked that the old corrupt board be put back.

This is the final punch to the guts of the fans who really care and the players who give their all.

I too blame those players who never stood up. the like of Hamilton, Elton, Prosper et al. Why would anyone want to stick around now and try to play for Zim. I feel sick.

Nice to see TapsC on here again adding nothing of value and instead blaming those who want to do good.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well...

While the ICC was always capable of such a stupid decision, there was still some hope in some corner. But well, they are ICC.

We've been through a lot of sadness in these forums, but this is the saddest of all. We are now officially reduced to "nostalgia only" place.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 am
Well...

While the ICC was always capable of such a stupid decision, there was still some hope in some corner. But well, they are ICC.

We've been through a lot of sadness in these forums, but this is the saddest of all. We are now officially reduced to "nostalgia only" place.
The suspension was inevitable.

The hope now with all this is Mukuhlani and co resign so that fresh board elections can take place. If they don’t resign, cricket in Zimbabwe is finished.

kudet

Post by kudet »

Solomon Mire calls it quits for zw. Expect more of this.

https://twitter.com/kingsoly21/status/1 ... 23297?s=19

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 am
Well...

Yeah my thoughts exactly, this might very well be the end 😢

I’m off for a 6 week holiday around Europe so I’ll be staying off the forum, hopefully there’s some better news when I return, but I sadly doubt it
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id ... andar-raza

Disappointment, despair and heartbreak. These are the words Sikandar Raza used to describe the mood among his Zimbabwe team-mates, as they frantically called each other and exchanged messages in the minutes following the ICC's decision to suspend Zimbabwe with immediate effect over 'government interference'.

Raza said his team-mates' emotions were similar to the way they felt after the World Cup Qualifier last year, when their defeat to UAE cost them a place in the 2019 World Cup. But the situation was a lot worse, he said, as players remain in the dark over their immediate and foreseeable future. Zimbabwe are scheduled to play a T20 tri-series in September in Bangladesh, against the hosts and Afghanistan, in the lead-up to the Men's World T20 Qualifier in October in the UAE. While Zimbabwe remain suspended, representative teams will not be allowed to participate in any ICC events, making their presence in the Women's T20 World Cup Qualifier in August and Men's World T20 Qualifier highly unlikely.

Effectively, Zimbabwe Cricket has to get its house in order by the next ICC meeting in October. Raza said that the ICC could have applied the same conditions but at least allowed them to play cricket.

"We are all pretty heart-broken at the moment," Raza told ESPNcricinfo. "We are still in shock to be honest, seeing how our international career can come to an end like that. Not just for one player, but for the whole country. I am not coming to terms with it so easily, and I am sure my team-mates feel the same way. Where do we go from here? Is there a way out?

"I don't know what is the way out. We have been told that we have been suspended but not told for how long. [A] two-year [suspension] could basically bring an end to a lot of careers. I don't know the conditions but to totally suspend us from playing cricket, while you allow whoever is responsible to get our house in order, you basically stop cricket in Zimbabwe. I don't know how one can do that but it has happened to us now."

Raza feared it may be time for Zimbabwe players to think of alternative careers. Raza, himself, is a software engineer, and had also attended the Air Force College in Pakistan. Although he picked up cricket as a profession later than most players, he has quickly built himself into a solid batting allrounder in international cricket, and has picked up gigs in many of the T20 leagues around the world .

"If we miss the World T20 qualifiers, we will miss the T20 tri-series in Bangladesh [in September]. What if the house [ZC] is not in order? Is the ICC going to recognise the interim committee or the old committee? What is happening?

"I don't know where we go as international cricketers. Is it club cricket or no cricket for us? Do we just burn our kit and apply for jobs? I don't know what we have to do right now."

Raza said that if the ICC had directly overseen the Zimbabwe Cricket elections in June, they may have quickly recognised why the government's Sports and Recreation Commission dismissed the board in the first place. "I genuinely thought that it would have been ideal if one member of the ICC had come and overseen the election process, for the reasons SRC dismissed the board, while we continued to play cricket. I thought that would have been a very good quick fix."

Last year, while accepting the Player of the Tournament award at the World Cup Qualifier in Harare, Raza had voiced his disappointment at the ICC's decision to limit the number of teams in the 2019 World Cup. He maintained a similar stance regarding cricket's decision-makers

"As much as I want to say, there's nothing to say. Our cricket and livelihoods have been taken away from us," he said. "Whatever I say now will mean nothing. It will fall on deaf ears. I just thought the motto was to grow the game, and it keeps on shrinking."

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

kudet wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:39 am
"As much as I want to say, there's nothing to say. Our cricket and livelihoods have been taken away from us," he said. "Whatever I say now will mean nothing. It will fall on deaf ears. I just thought the motto was to grow the game, and it keeps on shrinking."
That's the state of helplessness for everybody involved, plus us fans.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s not what it says. It states we must have a properly elected board in 3 months. They’re giving a thumbs down to the interim board and say that we must have a correctly elected board (presumably that’s the thumbs down to the Mukhulani board) in 90 days.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I dont have all the info but that to me means SRC have to work fast and get ZC in order within this time frame. Again, to me, it means SRC can boot these guys.
This new board has to be in place for the next 4 years and must be duly elected. SO if SRC crack on with what they’re doing, our constitution gets rewritten, people then vote according to our new constitution and we go again. It has to happen in 3 months and not 12.

The problem is the inevitable lobbying and politicking for positions according to the new constitution. It has to be changed and made minimalistic and people have to agree to that. This means there aren’t a dozen provincial boards with a dozen morons on it and a central board with another dozen morons, all eating usd.
There has to be the tiniest handful of people running everything. The people that vote might have tolerated some settlers for a year, but no way for 4. In 4 years they can really fix shit and that wouldn’t be acceptable. This can still get done.
Welcome back Taps. Don’t go.