#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It's been a fun ride.

The ICC can't dictate to a country how its laws are interpreted, and Mlotshwa and co will look weak as all hell if they back down after this.

So this will be the end.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

kudet wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:03 am
We are doomed

https://twitter.com/Gomorezvidinha/stat ... 80800?s=19
Yes, that is atrocious from ICC. But not shocked at all. SRC will become the laughing stock irrespective of the intent. This is the end. :(

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Well lads, it's been fun. ICC has essentially fucked us over by allowing these thugs and criminals to continue and further more by dictating that no outside influence occur, means Mukhulani can do what he wants whenever he wants without accountability.

Guess this forums dies too.

Anyone got that contact for the ICC, I want to send all the boards a very strongly worded letter. Infact, I'm contacting Cricket Australia soon.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Looking at Ireland steamrolling England and Lord's at the moment... it's a world of difference.

Maybe 1980-2020 was Zimbabwe's era and it just died a natural death (as Googly always says, whether it's today or in 3 years when most of the players retire does it really make a difference). And 2020-???? will be the era of Ireland and Afghanistan.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 am
Looking at Ireland steamrolling England and Lord's at the moment... it's a world of difference.
That was supposed to be Zimbabwe playing that Test. England dodged a bullet there.
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 am

Maybe 1980-2020 was Zimbabwe's era and it just died a natural death (as Googly always says, whether it's today or in 3 years when most of the players retire does it really make a difference). And 2020-???? will be the era of Ireland and Afghanistan.
The first full member to die. Sad stuff.

I'm assuming the SRC won't be backing down?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

There's only one card left to play, and that's to take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
A successful appeal there is the only way cricket doesn't die now.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Well. It might not be what we want but for me personally i dont want to see cricket die. I think the ICC is probably thinking that they drip feed the funds anyway now and audit themselves. Theft is not easy now.

The election procedure is the only place you can ambush these guys. Thats the reality.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:40 am
There's only one card left to play, and that's to take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
A successful appeal there is the only way cricket doesn't die now.
That would be a great way to upset the ICC even more by going down this route

That Zim cricket is dying has nothing to do with ICC - but entirely due to those who have run Zim cricket

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I also don't want to see cricket die in Zimbabwe, there is a difference between having good intentions but understanding the situation and having good intensions but being Bull headed/stubborn.

Anyways ICC have made things crystal clear, now the Zimbabweans can decide what they want to do.

Such a shame that the whole world is playing cricket and Zim is always talking about off field affairs. Look at Ireland, even they didn't qualify for WC finished even below Zimbabwe, but look how they didn't let that hamper them, and see them now.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ok another twist in the saga. SRC have responded.

Basically they’re saying that the ICC letter is addressed to Mukhulani directly so the onus is on him to get the board reinstated and to promise no further government interference. It’s semantics but reading between the lines they’re probably saying “ain’t gonna happen with you at the helm and you’ll probably need fresh elections!”

That’s how I immediately interpret it. That may change as this unfolds.