#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

That's a brilliant response. I did not realize the original ICC letter was addressed to the suspended ZC member till I read this response by SRC. Clearly exposes ICC's lack of clarity and comprehensiveness in communication. But yeah, may not achieve anything in the end. Just that ICC is a joke and SRC exposed them again.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Full SRC submission at https://www.facebook.com/19379146075027 ... /?sfnsn=mo
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 pm
That's a brilliant response. I did not realize the original ICC letter was addressed to the suspended ZC member till I read this response by SRC. Clearly exposes ICC's lack of clarity and comprehensiveness in communication. But yeah, may not achieve anything in the end. Just that ICC is a joke and SRC exposed them again.
Indeed.

I know it's painful to consider that if we don't revert back to the old board the ICC will expel Zimbabwe. Sadly, there's a very high likelihood that they will follow through on that threat.

But the truth is we're finished anyway unless there's a complete and absolute turnaround. I say it a bit, but we lost to Netherlands and Ireland comprehensively. It wasn't even close. And that was with a full strength team. Cricket is as good as dead right now.

So the SRC have to stay the course. Maybe the only way to fix cricket is to let it die. Once the ICC money has dried up, all of the people who are involved in cricket only for the pay cheque will bugger off and people who genuinely care about the game can start the rebuilding process.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nope we need this to work

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t read that either Kudet.
I see it as a softening of their stance

Googly

Post by Googly »

To me it’s “right we’re prepared to find a solution and we need your co-operation, but we call the tune and you Muhku are going to be the sacrificial lamb”

Googly

Post by Googly »

If it’s just a hobby for the dick he can’t be having much fun :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sadly there’s going to have to be a compromise somewhere.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Let me tell you about the state of our cricket-
If we had 30m a year and Andy Flower, Houghton, Pommie, Lara, Vic Richards and whoever you can think of we ain’t becoming competitive in the next 10 years.
I say again- were linked to the economy and we don’t have the player base. If we get downgraded now we’re well and truly done.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 pm
Sadly there’s going to have to be a compromise somewhere.
What does that look like?

Hard to see Mlotshwa backing down and agreeing to anything that sees TM come back.