#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by kudet »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 am
Shows u don’t read the shit I post :lol: :lol:
Haha i do read but i did not check that the thread was update. Lol

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Nice letter from Hamilton, Clearly he had some coaching.
His brother Shingi would proabably say the exact opposite :)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Burl has also overstepped the mark if they get back in.
Jarvis, Ervine and Williams have not had much to say, but who knows what they may have said to others that has been filed for future use? I see an ethnic cleansing if ZC retain control. :lol:
It was Prosper Utseya that once said this can only work if the team is all black or all white, he’s not far off.
The problem is there isn’t enough of either for that to ever happen, not that it’s desirable or acceptable.

Hammy is implying that the others are ok with the current status quo and that’s not really believable. For one Solly threw in the towel and I’m certain most don’t agree with Hammy. Anyone that does is in that first team only because all others have borne the brunt of ZC’s bullshit at one point or another.

Ya man, this is vexing and unnecessary.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Remember guys ZC has criminals in....they like everyone tarnished with the same brush so they work together or can threaten to spill the beans on wayward players.
Players may get carried away and on tour and indulge in too much alcohol then maybe end up with lady or man that isnt their partner. Perhaps end up wuth marijuana or cocaine or take an extra package of money offered as a bribe.
Then these players are now compliant.....they keep their mouth shut.

All the umming and aahing it is time that the di are thrown....watch the news this week.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m sure SRC and the Minister are aware of Hammy’s tenuous position. Everyone knows he’s captain because he’s the point man with the players in this long running politic game and his appointment has little to do with his captaincy or his own form. It’s not form anymore, it’s a downturn in ability. Shit form doesn’t last 20 plus games. Everything has been said already except for the part where he throws his team mates under the bus.

If ZC remain in situ Hamilton will be captain into his late 70’s. I’m very disappointed in him.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If Jimmy is right then we don’t deserve our status. Fact.
You need spine to be a top cricketer. $10 dick licking ain’t going to cut it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s Friday Jimmy. There is no this week. Break the news here.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:25 am
Googly wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:58 am
Exactly right. He was so desperate to save his hobby that he sold us down the river. It was his last card and he played it well. He should have approached ICC first and not aired our dirty laundry. He’s entirely to blame for this.
Yes and it has changed my views, although I agree ZC have been mismanaging the funds and are corrupt and all that, but then again I was thinking SRC have unnecessarily gone too far here.

Obviously expulsion would mean 'end of', TM would know this, so is there a chance he actually steps down or comes to some agreement with SRC to save Zimbabwe from expulsion? That remains to be seen.

I mean he can push for suspension to scare everyone, but cannot possibly push for expulsion bcoz he won't gain anything out of it.

Best case would have been for the ICC to accept the interim committee and probably added some members from ICC into the committee to ensure their funds are not mismanaged... but then again when have the ICC done the right thing anyways. Such a shame.
Like it or not the ICC follow their own rules and regulations. So if ZC turn up (who were at the last ICC meeting) and another 'committee' turn up (appointed by SRC) then unless someone can prove to the ICC that ZC are "illegal'' (in whatever shape or form) then ZC were always going to carry on being at the ICC meeting and the SRC 'committee' had little or no chance of being accepted.

SRC were very naive in thinking that by sending 'their' committee they would be welcomed with open arms. Hopefully they have a Plan B as Plan A has failed miserably

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Hamilton has written it pretty well that is for sure.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:50 am
I’m sure SRC and the Minister are aware of Hammy’s tenuous position. Everyone knows he’s captain because he’s the point man with the players in this long running politic game and his appointment has little to do with his captaincy or his own form. It’s not form anymore, it’s a downturn in ability. Shit form doesn’t last 20 plus games. Everything has been said already except for the part where he throws his team mates under the bus.

If ZC remain in situ Hamilton will be captain into his late 70’s. I’m very disappointed in him.
Just stop and think for one second.

How sure are you that this has been natural poor form? Let's assume it's age and slowness catching up, surely as captain one has the power to drop down a position or two no? Mire did (to little effect but that's besides the point).

Think about it. Due to poor form four or five spots in the XI are genuinely up for the taking, prolonged(so way more money than club cricket) European tour coming up, suddenly a few quality/top domestic performing African batsmen, bowlers and allrounders are unavailable, even those who were in the squads/XIs recently? :?

Seven of the only non-African players in the squad play virtually every match on tour as part of the XI, and Zimbabwe is thoroughly humiliated by both Netherlands and Ireland. Convincing defeats. Case in point, this 9 wicket embarassment, or failure to defend this.

Think deeper, harder. Something was brewing. Something has been brewing.

If some had set out to make a point, I think they made a very good one.

A pattern is developing as well in terms of which players have been interviewed to give their side of the story of what has been happening, and crucially which players have not said a single word.

Quite often the forum has focused on what happens in the boardroom and on the pitch, but seldom in what happens in the change rooms and off the pitch. And whenever those subjects have been touched on there's already a preconceived narrative - Utseya, Chigumbura, Hamilton. Shallow predetermined analysis is what has led to this point.

Fair enough an argument can be made about merit for perhaps five of the seven, but can it be made for all? At the end of the day, the red shirt means money. Lots of it! Food for thought.
Voice of reason.