#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

I was depositing 100k in bond notes the other day, our biggest denomination is 5, but they were mostly 2’s
and aside from the 3 hours it took to count, it’s actually a health risk because the notes are barely recognizable.
I had the most bizarre conversation with the bank manager- I said we at least needed bigger denominations and they could at least be clean. He was adamant that small notes stopped black market money dealers and inflation and that the gov was on the right track against people deliberately sabotaging the economy!
This is an educated guy with a degree.
My point being that people keep believing the nonsense that is dished out, I mean be wrong once, but by the 5th time start to question it.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Hang in there Googly. Feel for you mate.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

It has probably been asked before, but Googly, why do you still hang about?

As for the forum, I will still be here. Holding hope that maybe we will all meet up during one of the T20 WC matches and have our very own game of T20 or something like that. A lot of this forum is reminiscing. In ten years we can all be reminiscing about how Mukhulani destroyed cricket in Zim.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:15 am
I was depositing 100k in bond notes the other day, our biggest denomination is 5, but they were mostly 2’s
and aside from the 3 hours it took to count, it’s actually a health risk because the notes are barely recognizable.
I had the most bizarre conversation with the bank manager- I said we at least needed bigger denominations and they could at least be clean. He was adamant that small notes stopped black market money dealers and inflation and that the gov was on the right track against people deliberately sabotaging the economy!
This is an educated guy with a degree.
My point being that people keep believing the nonsense that is dished out, I mean be wrong once, but by the 5th time start to question it.
I'm happy you went to the bank with that hard cash Googly and didnt take it to the streets :lol:

Its a real mess everything just seems to be collapsing. We need a lucky break from somewhere

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:01 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:38 am
Here cricket in an entire country is coming to an end after some 4 decades and people are not worried, what will we worry about this forum mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
The country is coming to an end. This place is in deep deep trouble. Zanu cannot undo the problems they’ve created. Every day new stories come out of the jaw dropping corruption and theft. It’s basically just a free for all looting spree that has no apparent end. Every structure and dept has collapsed and nothing works. It’s incredibly grim here.
When those of us who live outside Zim read articles like the following one it really is heartbreaking

https://www.apnews.com/fca317768043455c8c5f1ce0a9a79360

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:54 am

I'm happy you went to the bank with that hard cash Googly and didnt take it to the streets :lol:

Its a real mess everything just seems to be collapsing. We need a lucky break from somewhere
Seems to be a common sentiment, yet no one is willing to hold people accountable.
robbocricket wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:06 am

When those of us who live outside Zim read articles like the following one it really is heartbreaking

https://www.apnews.com/fca317768043455c8c5f1ce0a9a79360
Terribly sad article. Stories like this that make me ashamed I came from the Indian community in Zim. Many of them live comfortably and have it much better off, yet they barely do anything to try and fix the country or give back to the people. Many are in bed with ZANU to secure their financial position, and also because Chamisa has spoken openly of his dislike for Indians and his support for Israel. In saying that, the rich just get richer, the middle class gets poor, and the poor get poorer

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ok I do have some potentially good news-
Our very own GM has cranked up the heat, someone of importance has decided to take a little break outside the country and hope the dust settles a bit, which hopefully it doesn’t. :lol:
He’s not doing nuttin’ as people had thought.
Not at liberty to disclose just yet but it’s about to get mighty hot in the kitchen. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:40 am

As for the forum, I will still be here. Holding hope that maybe we will all meet up during one of the T20 WC matches and have our very own game of T20 or something like that. A lot of this forum is reminiscing. In ten years we can all be reminiscing about how Mukhulani destroyed cricket in Zim.
Because I’d rather be struggling here than anywhere else, but it’s wearing thin. I don’t want to live in a crap little brick house in England and work a 9-5 job. If I had loot to kick back I’d consider it for sure.
I’ve always wanted to outlast Mugabe, that box is almost ticked and I kinda want to outlast Zanu now. These guys have turned everyone’s lives upside down, black and white. I want to see what’s next. It’s probably worse, but what the hell. I see Chamisa is calling for 7 days of prayer and fasting. When the going gets tough here everyone goes to Church. I’m in favour of the fasting bit though. :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

What’s up with a 9-5 job on good money?
What’s your job in Zim?

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:13 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:40 am

Because I’d rather be struggling here than anywhere else, but it’s wearing thin. I don’t want to live in a crap little brick house in England and work a 9-5 job. If I had loot to kick back I’d consider it for sure.
I’ve always wanted to outlast Mugabe, that box is almost ticked and I kinda want to outlast Zanu now. These guys have turned everyone’s lives upside down, black and white. I want to see what’s next. It’s probably worse, but what the hell. I see Chamisa is calling for 7 days of prayer and fasting. When the going gets tough here everyone goes to Church. I’m in favour of the fasting bit though. :lol:
I respect your decision although I find it mind boggling that having a few extra square metres of space per room is worth the stress, anxiety and poor standard of living in Zimbabwe? You're giving up high quality free healthcare, fair legal system, efficient transport system, guaranteed fuel, power, food etc... Even the "poorest" 10% here in the UK live a better quality of life than virtually all Zimbabweans. They also have free accommodation or rent paid and a weekly allowance if jobless