#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
robbocricket

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by robbocricket »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:09 pm
Hhm you have the most bizarre way of twisting facts to suit your agenda. I don’t get where you believe he fits into the latest drama, and you’ve overstated his influence on previous ones. Sure he has been outspoken but if you think everybody listens to one man you’re mistaken.

Yes people want to see the back of those guys and with great reason.

Just seen a tweet that says Vince Hogg has intructed all ZC staff to report to work by Thursday or suffer the consequences. Interesting. I’d be there bright and early if I worked there.
Apart from being sacked what other 'consequences' can there possibly be ??

Googly

Post by Googly »

I am so hoping that SRC have an ace and they don’t show it before Thursday. It important that ZC staff think carefully about this, and there must be consequences for people who don’t clock in.
The million dollar question is- Is SRC going to back down on this or not? Was Hogg bluffing or not? If they don’t and they don’t have a plan that ICC buys into then cricket is finished anyway.
If they back down then ZC staff that haven’t gone to work will be richly rewarded with $10 bond and they will have the eternal gratitude of ZC admin who will scoop their salary arrears of 4 months first and there won’t even be $10 bond to share amongst the rest. Their salary arrears is going to be a lot of money if that spread sheet is even half way correct. And cricket is finished anyway, might limp along for another 3-4 years but I doubt, we’re being downgraded under these guys sooner or later, take poison on that.
Time to choose ladies and gents.
Time to flush out the bad guys, Gerry.
It’s high stakes poker for ZC employees on the breadline and with families. The middle and upper guys will have a bit of breathing space, but not much.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sacked is enuf, surely? There’s no jobs here. Maybe Korakoza?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Oh and another consequence may be theft of ZC equipment- computers, cars, houses, etc etc. basicslly whatever they’ve looted and not returned.
I’m starting to enjoy this, I see light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s not a train because we don’t have any, they’re also lost, broken or stolen. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I read an interesting post that claims the government is contemplating one year national service for school leavers😂
Now there’s an opportunity- if the New ZC can get an exemption for the cricketers we will have 2 million cricketers a year joining our ranks. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

And the good ones will be on the next plane to nowhere because I don’t think national service will be much fun.
I don’t see them doing much other than doing Border Gezi drills for the next election. Eeish this place. What next?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.herald.co.zw/big-blow-for-langton-rusere/

Umpire Langton Rusere also being dropped from tours because of this mess. Surely nobody can support innocent people getting hurt because we want to see a few guys gone. This is painful. Years of hard work going down the drain. There has to be a better way than destroying hundreds of peoples lives. You can have your issues with Hami and the senior team's squables but what about the umpires, the women's team, the ground staff, bus drivers, cleaners, the junior teams?

Lets not try and create fantasy situations and think we will lose funding and bounce back. If you are over 40 you will never see that bounce back with your own eyes. This will take decades to fix because we dont have an economy that can naturally support sport through sponsorship. You think a 100 million dollar institution can suddenly survive on 5 million dollars? The days of people playing for fun and passion like the 80s and 90s are gone. Sport is now professional everywhere. If you think a 30 year old model will work in 2019 you are in for a big shock.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m sorry Taps but all the players and staff are to blame for this. How many opportunities have they had to stick it to these guys? Cricket cannot succeed under their leadership. It’s not leadership anyway, it’s people just feeding whilst the ship sinks. We have lost substantial ground every year and people either don’t care or don’t realize it. We’re being shagged by Associates, we’re at mid associate level and it will get worse, not better. How will it improve? If ZC win a few of our players are gone for good and ain’t no one coming back. We will become more and more useless as the months roll by.
This must be the final battle. If the interim board loses and we sink then so be it. We’ve been dead for years and people are too stupid to realize it.
It’s not about the umpire or the women’s team or the T20 (well it was a a bit about that as it would have provided revenues), it’s about the future. There isn’t one unless this is run by professionals and not by thieves.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What years of hard work, bud?
ZC have done nothing for years except get fat and rich.
The people that got us membership are either dead or nearly dead of old age. I don’t think they give a damn.
We don’t deserve membership unless we pull our socks up. We can’t because these guys will steal our socks.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It won’t take decades to fix. It can’t be fixed, there aren’t enough cricketers and the economy is shattered beyond repair. This is it. Last chance. ZC must step aside and admit their shortcomings to the ICC if they don’t want us to sink. They’ve stated it’s a hobby and that they don’t receive an income from this, so what are they waiting for?
The fact is they don’t care about the cricket. They want to hang on at all costs. All costs!! Well that day is hopefully here now. Nobody to blame but them and the players and staff for doing nothing for years. Everyone involved are a bunch of cowardly losers. You can always turn it around though. For once they can stand up. Let SRC worry about ICC, if they fail to get us reinstated then so be it, but if ZC step down ICC can’t deny us. They have not done one thing that has reaped dividends. Nothing.