#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

These vermin will continue robbing, it will be a bit more subtle, but it will continue unabated. The ICC watchdogs will draw two salaries, flick back and forth between here and there business class and will do as well, if not better than our board. The AC academy will flourish, Tatenda will be aggrieved, it will all be window dressing, Muzarabani Academy will get a huge cash injection and absolutely fuck all will change. They will have a couple of tournaments featuring useless kids getting a free T shirt for pitching up, they’ll lose out on the free hot dog coz Singo stole the lunch money and all the caps, they’ll have some photo shoots about grass roots horse shit, and we’ll be crying into our coffee in a year’s time after the euphoria of the “bail-out” has worn off. Fuck ‘me all!
Last edited by Googly on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When that old gravy train starts chuffing out the station and you hear “choo-choo” you just look around and see who’s well positioned.
So fucking boring. These guys HAVE to go!

Googly

Post by Googly »

It will be like watching a hyena and a leopard feeding off the same carcass, mortal enemies, but the hatchet temporarily buried whilst they eat as fast as they can, each afraid to let go to see off the other.
When ICC says here’s the lifeline but we have to treat you like children or thieves because that’s what they are, what does it tell you?
If they really had cricket at heart they would go to ICC and say “we’re resigning, who amongst us do you trust to drive the bus unaided?” If they couldn’t accept the answer then whoever doesn’t accept that is a big part of the problem.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Was talking to a guy I suspect is very close to the board at one of the games. He knew a lot of inside information. He was suggesting that t20s cost like 200k to host and how the current guys were so "unlucky" to inherit the debt from the previous admin. I suspect the looting is going to happen by inflating figures like the cost of hosting a match now. From his tone I could tell we got a long way to go to win this battle. Elections are the only realistic chance we have.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm
Yup doesn’t look too good does it? Sold down the river by ICC itself. Van Der Bile has done a number on us, what else can you expect from a Boer? The only upside is that Malema will get him for us.
I doubt Van der Bijl is anything more than a part-time advisor. When a boards corruption goes all the way to the top of a nations governance it is hard for anyone to truly change anything.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think you’d be surprised what happened and who was involved to get this “bailout.”
With the right people you’ll get corporate and public buy-in and there’s no way a T20 tri-nation featuring Pakistan and Australia would cost anything. With proper management of television rights it should be turning a huge profit anyway, not costing money. It’s ridiculous and shameful what’s being allowed to happen here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

All you have to consider is what Taylor’s inclusion would do to the TV viewership. The well managed sale of the rights from just one tournament like this that’s he’s participating in would probably pay for his whole 3 year contract. Then you get some dumb shit with a 15 average saying salaries should be more equitable.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 am

I am not here to fight with you and i won't because that makes ZC stronger.
We are trying to effect change the right way without stooping to their level of no-moral compass.
When they hold all the cards and the money to bribe and buy their way through everything it is very difficult to change, particularly with the racism accusations and the taking of land being in the fore.
Now as we are nearly a generation away from the 2004 episode and the serious cricket lovers and sport lovers can see how far we have fallen.
With people power/amandla mnewethu anything is possible- look at the arab springs, look at the coup that wasn't. We also have an election taking place which doesn't help the focus on Cricket...yet.
This is the chance we have to make things change as well as balancing our continued ICC membership....if we can make it happen then 20yrs from now cricket in Zimbabwe will be strong and competitive.
If we can't then 5years from now cricket in Zimbabwe will be that game the colonials play.
So we are trying our best and are sorry it's not fast enough. :cry:
I am not fighting either. I respect that you are making an effort, but as a fan of Zim cricket for decades it gets to a point where talk is just that, and action is what is required.

There is no 'right way' in Zim. That was thrown out the door in 2003 when racism, thievery, nepotism, etc was brought in to the game.
The people power I agree with. Mobilise it and use it to effect change. Make more of an effort to boycott games. To protest the board. To put them under the pressure they need to be under. Take your money and spend it elsewhere instead of towards ZC.

20 years from now? at the current rate? That's being generous. It's been 15 years since 2003 and I think we are worse off now than then. I always think I've seen a low point in Zim cricket, but then something else happens.

I think I would be happy with cricket being the game the colonials play. Give it back to them and let them run it I say.

There are fans around the world who care and want the best for Zim Cricket. We are ready to support the right people and push the right cause, but it kind of just makes it harder when everything always goes backwards, and when words are nothing more than just words.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Which colonials are you referring to? They’re all dead last time I checked :lol:

If you’re considering giving it back to the white citizens of Zimbabwe, I’m assuming that’s what you meant by your slur, I’d suggest you’re too late because most have left or lost interest and it’s way too late for that. It’s beyond repair and we need to set lower achievable goals.

We need an integrated approach. We need each other and we always have. Something that was lost on the whites pre-2004 and has been further lost under these even more racist shitheads.
I would suggest a white guy runs the accounts however :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:12 am
Which colonials are you referring to? They’re all dead last time I checked :lol:

If you’re considering giving it back to the white citizens of Zimbabwe, I’m assuming that’s what you meant by your slur, I’d suggest you’re too late because most have left or lost interest and it’s way too late for that. It’s beyond repair and we need to set lower achievable goals.

We need an integrated approach. We need each other and we always have. Something that was lost on the whites pre-2004 and has been further lost under these even more racist shitheads.
I would suggest a white guy runs the accounts however :lol:
He said colonials, I was just using his words.

There are still white people in the country and I know that they still get involved in the sport and the game. I wasn't being racist or making slurs, was just using his words.

I agree, an integrated approach works. The problem is when one builds something then the others cry foul and say it is there's because it's their land. So they come in and steal and take things for themselves and not integrate anyone, then it gets destroyed. Then those from before will use that as example of why they do it themselves. It's a two way street and integrated is ideal, but unfortunately there is no such thing with the current regime.