#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Xlife »

Sounds really promising... Hopefully it's a situation where cricket ultimately is the winner and Zimbabwe does not get banned, and maybe some sort of agreed exit timeline for Mkhuhlani's board?

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:48 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:05 am
People really ought to put this Lady Chevrons issue into perspective, it’s being milked to death.
Once again ZC knew they needed to tick this box and they’ve done it in the most superficial and cheapest way possible, much like they do anything else. Once the 400 hangers on come back from their free holiday ladies cricket will be forgotten until next time the possibility exists of an all expenses paid excursion arises.
Exactly. Everybody empathises with them, to have put in any amount of time and worked towards a goal - no matter how unlikely - and then be deprived of the opportunity is an extremely unfortunate situation.

However, you can't let the tail wag the dog. Men's cricket subsidises women's cricket everywhere, it's just the reality of the situation. It's like the airplane safety message, you have to attend to your own mask before helping the kids. The singular focus has to be on saving the men's game, because if it dies everything else will too.
Very strange statement, so your idea to save the men's game is to get it banned from the ICC?

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

Don't know how true this is, but looks like the suspension of the ZC board will be lifted by the SRC:

http://www.urbansport.co.zw/cricket/src ... solution/

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Xlife wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:51 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:48 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:05 am
People really ought to put this Lady Chevrons issue into perspective, it’s being milked to death.
Once again ZC knew they needed to tick this box and they’ve done it in the most superficial and cheapest way possible, much like they do anything else. Once the 400 hangers on come back from their free holiday ladies cricket will be forgotten until next time the possibility exists of an all expenses paid excursion arises.
Exactly. Everybody empathises with them, to have put in any amount of time and worked towards a goal - no matter how unlikely - and then be deprived of the opportunity is an extremely unfortunate situation.

However, you can't let the tail wag the dog. Men's cricket subsidises women's cricket everywhere, it's just the reality of the situation. It's like the airplane safety message, you have to attend to your own mask before helping the kids. The singular focus has to be on saving the men's game, because if it dies everything else will too.
Very strange statement, so your idea to save the men's game is to get it banned from the ICC?
I meant don't rush into a bad deal because the women's tournament is coming up, that would be lunacy.

It would be like, instead of waiting until tomorrow you overpay $10,000 for a car today so that you can save $5 by driving to the all-you-can-eat buffet tonight.

I'd prefer to leave the analogies to Googly though, he's better at them than me :P

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

its all over for us.

https://twitter.com/PeterDellaPenna/sta ... 2450530305
Peter Della Penna
@PeterDellaPenna
Huge news for T20 World Cup Qualifiers. ICC has officially slammed the door shut on Zimbabwe. Namibia takes their place in Scotland for Women's T20Q later this month. Nigeria will replace Zimbabwe at Men's T20Q in Ocptberin UAE. Huge 12 months for Nigeria with both men and U19s.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

The ICC have behaved disgracefully throughout all of this. It's clear they have been looking for a reason to oust Zim. They didn't wait long at all to pull the trigger.

In light of this news, I just hope the SRC have not agreed to a stupid deal considering there is literally zero upside to having the old ZC board quickly reinstated now.

Judging by this post I suspect they have though :x : https://twitter.com/briangoredema/statu ... 4694421504
The lady Chevrons have been used to expedite the deal between the SRC&ZC suspended board. I hope after this the girls will be respected more and a women's cricket league will be formed as soon as possible. Otherwise we cant continue on the old path.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If the horse has bolted then SRC should just reimpose the ban again. ZC have had long enough to do what they’re told. Very occasionally in africa there are consequences to being a white collar criminal. No one to blame but the ZC, the players and the staff for this. You need a bit of spine occasionally.

kudet

Post by kudet »

Googly

Post by Googly »

It would be good to see if they listened to the Interim Board the third time around! I doubt it.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Dreadful news. I guess we’ll soon begin hearing the announcements of retiring