#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by matland »

Could the ICC not bring sanctions against the players (with the tri series in mind) for bringing the game into disrepute ?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think with non payment of our players stretching back years it would be hard for the ICC to do anything like that. At the end of the day it’s an internal problem which the ICC unfortunately never get involved in or half the cricketing boards across the planet would no longer exist. If they’d pulled that stunt after the teams had arrived it might be different, but at the same time ZC would know that unless they resolved it immediately there would be punitive measures against ZC. They’re going to hope once again that promises will carry the day.

ZC may be that desperate that they won’t pay them and then hope ICC lend a hand at the 11th hour. That’s high risk crisis management, but anything is possible with these blokes. Its a never ending saga.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I really don't think the ICC cares much about what happens in Zimbabwe. It is too busy fighting for relevance against the explosion of T20 leagues.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

I agree with Eugene. ICC cannot or will not give two flying pig doinks.

What amazes me and reinforces that adage "the only thing that allows evil to propagate is for good men to do nothing against it."
There are affidavits now for what these Board members have done, going back quite a few years right up to the WCQ 2018.

IF they had been confronted then by the "good men" we wouldn't have this current axis of evil .

I'm standing up to them now and any other morally wrong person or entity .

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good man. We need everyone to do the same, the ones left out would then have been colluding with them all these years.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

I like the fact that the players have advised in advance that they will not play if not paid.
The extra pressure that will be bearing down on the ZC board from the Oz board and the Pakistani board... " are you sure you have paid them all, we don't want to travel to play each other whilst Zimbabwe sits in the stands and watches the Bilateral series ."
It will probably benefit the board who don't have the money to host the series anyway and if they get a loan from Met bank......where is that money coming from???Deposited by Telecel, or maybe air zim(read our tax payers money)

Nope...you'd only lend if you knew you'd get a return...it is far from guaranteed for ZC to be in a position to respond in kind when the President down is looking into things.

It's quiet clear that on the ground the G40/ZC cabal are manouvering to positions in Zanu-PF to try and overthrow ED- similar to the Manase sneak attack.
Or at the very least to frustrate Zanu at elections meaning more MDC get in meaning a Unity government with water downed powers for ED. With Supa as the telecom boss he can listen to any conversation he wants/see any computer info etc without legal requiest.
Time will tell but ED must be on his guard against these false imposters that have greed at heart and not the party.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

As per my previous post it appears ED has cottoned on to the weird cowardly ZC Board dash into politics a la Muks/Bvute and those other guys
https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... -mnangagwa

Let's see if they keep their heads down and resign now.
I registered to vote last week and ED has my vote.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I kind of can't take anything seriously. There was a hoo haa about ZC board being upheaved and change coming, and everything was going to start changing for the better, yet nothing has happened.

ED came in and promised all these things, but it's all very well masked. Any vote for ZANU is a useless vote.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Its political now so takes time. probably before the end of the year.

Any vote for ZANU is a useless vote.
I agree.... but any vote for those numpties MDC is even worse. We have our very own Trump or Clinton choice :?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 546818.cms

Well I guess thats 1 down. Strategically you guys need to have guys on your side ready to provisionally take over otherwise they will just put another puppet in his place