#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by zimstarr »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:11 pm
I agree Zimbo too much talk and no action or paid off by ZC.
However this time in my 25yrs in cricket this is the most action i have seen being taking to sort out these thieving scum. Perhaps our attempts will not be successful at this point in time i believe we are succeeding at astronomic pace with huge dossiers on various people that if necessary will cut into middle government where certain individuals may lose everything if they refuse to sacrifice cricket.
Form our own board.

There is a board in waiting but there is also a process. We can't have a coup...that wasn't a coup :D
The so called process might take 20 yrs there is too much money still left to be stolen the current board will not go they know the icc wnt do anything .the board in waiting shld have ex cricketers ( only ).

Googly

Post by Googly »

The requirement for the “new” board to comprise of ex cricketers is a bit lame. Firstly it’s currently convenient because it would disqualify the incumbents and secondly it’s life after cricket for people who are probably unprepared for it. You should all read that interesting “Bubble” article about the Australian cricketers.
They absolutely need ex cricketers to advise the CEO and his two man team how to strategize. What they don’t need is some ridiculous Board with ex cricketers that can’t strategize past what’s they’re having for lunch today. Imagine a board with Utseya on it! He qualifies doesn’t he?
If you need a Board and I’m not sure why you do, then the absolute requirement is that they receive zero remuneration. They get tea and one biscuit when they convene annually because what do you need them for anyway? I nominate Pommie Mbangwa, Andy Flower, Dave Houghton and chaired by Alwyn Pichanick. The rest of you take orders and get back in your box.
The Board is to put checks and balances in place when you’re dealing with thieves and if they’re all thieves what’s the fucking point?
Then we need an admin team. I nominate Pichanick and a Labrador dog so it doesn’t answer Pichanick back because he knows what he’s doing. He just gives orders and everyone listens and if they don’t like it take up swimming. There, I’ve solved our problems. It’s that simple. Cheers.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

As is sit here in Harare and watch Aus 185/0 and still going i can only chuckle at these spineless rebel players getting what they deserve.
You made a fool of your colleagues and your supporters and now your country! AND you sacrificed your integrity for a Chairman that runs a pharmacy and a board that runs away with your money.
Shame on you sell outs!
Last edited by jimmylesaint on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:14 am
As is sit here in Harare and watch Aus 185/0 and still going i can only chuckle at these spineless rebel players getting what they deserve.
You made a fool of your colleagues and your supporters and now your country!
I'm sorry mate, but I feel like you're part of the problem. You said you have all this info to take down the board and there are people waiting in the wings to come in and do something, but nothing has happened.

This match right here is the result of having the board we have and having the spineless players who refuse to form a union and only care about themselves. The failure to not have change is the reason Utseya and Chawaguta are in the selection team. If I was Lalchand Rajput I would just up and leave after this series.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 am
jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:14 am
You made a fool of your colleagues and your supporters and now your country!
I'm sorry mate, but I feel like you're part of the problem. You said you have all this info to take down the board and there are people waiting in the wings to come in and do something, but nothing has happened.

This match right here is the result of having the board we have and having the spineless players who refuse to form a union and only care about themselves. The failure to not have change is the reason Utseya and Chawaguta are in the selection team. If I was Lalchand Rajput I would just up and leave after this series.
A- fucking- MEN!! This side shouldn't even be out there. Ok they need the money, but I bet they still haven't been paid! Absolutely appalling scenes taking place here at HSC

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

I'm part of the solution...and these things take time.
Rest assured i AM actively doing something. May i question the last time you got off your criticising armchair?Considering you have been around for ages.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 am
Rest assured i AM actively doing something. May i question the last time you got off your criticising armchair?Considering you have been around for ages.
It's been 14 years since the issues first surfaced in Zim Cricket. How much time should it take.

Look, it's not a personal attack, but Zimbabwe seems to have this thing about following the constitution, and we need to do things properly in due process, but that is all nonsense. Constitutions have been broken time and time again. Due process has never been a thing since 2000.

I don't have the financial means or the standing within cricket to do anything. I live halfway across the globe. My work has been in developing a health centre and community in Hatcliffe. It has been in supporting the groups doing work in places rural places outside of Mutare and Kadoma. It has been in years of community work within the nation I am living including blood drives, flood relief, bushfire response, and new migrant support.

Just because I am not there, does not mean effort can not be made on my part through the means I have. Those means include social media and online forums such as this.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

jimmylesaint wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 am

It's been 14 years since the issues first surfaced in Zim Cricket. How much time should it take.

Look, it's not a personal attack, but Zimbabwe seems to have this thing about following the constitution, and we need to do things properly in due process, but that is all nonsense. Constitutions have been broken time and time again. Due process has never been a thing since 2000.

I don't have the financial means or the standing within cricket to do anything. I live halfway across the globe. My work has been in developing a health centre and community in Hatcliffe. It has been in supporting the groups doing work in places rural places outside of Mutare and Kadoma. It has been in years of community work within the nation I am living including blood drives, flood relief, bushfire response, and new migrant support.

Just because I am not there, does not mean effort can not be made on my part through the means I have. Those means include social media and online forums such as this.
I am not here to fight with you and i won't because that makes ZC stronger.
We are trying to effect change the right way without stooping to their level of no-moral compass.
When they hold all the cards and the money to bribe and buy their way through everything it is very difficult to change, particularly with the racism accusations and the taking of land being in the fore.
Now as we are nearly a generation away from the 2004 episode and the serious cricket lovers and sport lovers can see how far we have fallen.
With people power/amandla mnewethu anything is possible- look at the arab springs, look at the coup that wasn't. We also have an election taking place which doesn't help the focus on Cricket...yet.
This is the chance we have to make things change as well as balancing our continued ICC membership....if we can make it happen then 20yrs from now cricket in Zimbabwe will be strong and competitive.
If we can't then 5years from now cricket in Zimbabwe will be that game the colonials play.
So we are trying our best and are sorry it's not fast enough. :cry:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This latest deal with the ICC has probably finished any idea of removing the board. Now that they have financial security and ICC backing what else can be done.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yup doesn’t look too good does it? Sold down the river by ICC itself. Van Der Bile has done a number on us, what else can you expect from a Boer? The only upside is that Malema will get him for us.