#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by jimmylesaint »

. If South Africa has an economic crisis because of their new policies their sports will crumble as well. Trust me its almost a miracle sport is even played in our country.
Taps i don't get how an economic crisis can affect cricket? We get 96m from ICC. We don't have to sell anything to anyone in zimbabwe to get that money which can sit in Dubai with ICC until we want it. We have been beaten regularly by a country bombed and blown up like Afghanistan has; who play in India and Dubai---we making excuses about our economic crisis??? Really?
Our economic crisis normally means US$ is stronger so buys/swaps you more: strengthening our cricket!

Why is Faisal not in Zimbabwe? Why hasn't he been fired by the Board. After all if Tatendai can't do his job in UK how the hell can Faisal do his?

In 2004 the players did accuse ZC of racism as the issue of quotas was started by Bvute,Mukuhlani and Makoni. ICC found ZCU not guilty on the basis of the shrinkng white population and the need to engage all Zimbabweans to help develop the game(which they noted had already started)
I wonder why Mukuhlani,Bvute,Makoni who know nothing about cricket didn't start quotas with the all white swimming team?????

tawac

Post by tawac »

Maybe its because swimming is an individual sport. Its interesting to know where the ZC MD based. Who is running ZC on a day to day basis if he is not around. What was ICC's intention when they put him on that post. A lot of rubbish can be corrected within ZC if the MD actually did his job.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 am
. If South Africa has an economic crisis because of their new policies their sports will crumble as well. Trust me its almost a miracle sport is even played in our country.
Taps i don't get how an economic crisis can affect cricket? We get 96m from ICC. We don't have to sell anything to anyone in zimbabwe to get that money which can sit in Dubai with ICC until we want it. We have been beaten regularly by a country bombed and blown up like Afghanistan has; who play in India and Dubai---we making excuses about our economic crisis??? Really?
Our economic crisis normally means US$ is stronger so buys/swaps you more: strengthening our cricket!

Why is Faisal not in Zimbabwe? Why hasn't he been fired by the Board. After all if Tatendai can't do his job in UK how the hell can Faisal do his?

In 2004 the players did accuse ZC of racism as the issue of quotas was started by Bvute,Mukuhlani and Makoni. ICC found ZCU not guilty on the basis of the shrinkng white population and the need to engage all Zimbabweans to help develop the game(which they noted had already started)
I wonder why Mukuhlani,Bvute,Makoni who know nothing about cricket didn't start quotas with the all white swimming team?????
For me the Economic Crisis does 2 things. Yes on a national level the game will be fine. If you look deeper you will see that in a failed economy you dont have sponsors for domestic structures. The franchize system failed because they failed to get sponsors. In an ideal situation it shouldnt be ZCs duty to keep clubs and the major domestic league affloat. A franchize should be independent runnings its own affairs and making enough money to sustain themselves. What happens in Zim is that ZC is expected to pay for everything including keeping clubs going too. Club cricket should be run on membership fees. ZC shouldnt have to look after the domestic structures but the failed economy makes them have to factor that in. Ideally their focus should be maybe the umpires the national teams at all levels and using their fund money to bring games in and maintain grounds and support the grassroots and providing scholarships to talented kids.. You yourself said that the tri-series will cost 2.5 million. Thats the kind of stuff the money is supposed to be used for

Secondly the economic collapse created a huge talent drain. Ideally you wouldnt have a matigimu or murray in SA right now if we were good. Or even Aliseni quitting cricket to go and make money in a normal job. We have lost dozens of potential players simply because their parents packed their bags for greener pastures as our economy crumbled.

Now dont get me wrong. We have enough to be at least on a Sri Lanka West indies Bangladesh level but if we ever want to be a true powerhouse and compete with the best we need a functioning economy.our 90s team were not all pros but they could make money outside the game as well as play. It reduces the pressure. Thats why we managed to stay competitive. If SA's economy collapses and millions of people leave the Proteas and Springboks will still exist but not at the level they are now. No ways

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

I hear what you are saying and we go back to the chicken and egg argument on what came first...did streak and his team fail or did zc fail for the years of neglect and no balls given for training, no pay and debt ridden etc.

Why should/did our economy fail why should SA economy fail we are richer than most countries but badly managed and debt ridden.
Why should we put a quota system in place rather than a meritocracy. The quota system is in my view racist- the reality is funds must be diverted to the poorer kids from 6+, providing accessibility to the game of cricket, from there hopefully some will take to it or can afford to buy the kit and be our new stars of tomorrow. The brutal reality is this handful of devious and selfish men hijacked the bandwagon and diverted the funds from the grassroots- eventually turning a company in 2004 from a $10m credit to a $20m debit- and that had nothing to do with Streak or his tech team or a mystery economic crisis.
In fact the economic crisis has been the go to lie since the early 90's when we had Economic Structural Adjustment Program(ESAP) version 1.

Imagine if we decided that the top 8 100m runners in England being 6 black and the 2 white. Do you think we could say no no no, this is a white country and blacks represent 15% so we must put 6 whites and 1 mulatto and a black person in the race????????????????
Would that be regarded as racist or a fair quota system based on the majority of whites in England?

2.5 m is a rough guess for two teams and one staying longer, the difference here is that pak and Aus are 1 and 2 in the world so we will actually make about 4m-8m on tv rights.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:31 pm
I hear what you are saying and we go back to the chicken and egg argument on what came first...did streak and his team fail or did zc fail for the years of neglect and no balls given for training, no pay and debt ridden etc.

Why should/did our economy fail why should SA economy fail we are richer than most countries but badly managed and debt ridden.
Why should we put a quota system in place rather than a meritocracy. The quota system is in my view racist- the reality is funds must be diverted to the poorer kids from 6+, providing accessibility to the game of cricket, from there hopefully some will take to it or can afford to buy the kit and be our new stars of tomorrow. The brutal reality is this handful of devious and selfish men hijacked the bandwagon and diverted the funds from the grassroots- eventually turning a company in 2004 from a $10m credit to a $20m debit- and that had nothing to do with Streak or his tech team or a mystery economic crisis.
In fact the economic crisis has been the go to lie since the early 90's when we had Economic Structural Adjustment Program(ESAP) version 1.

Imagine if we decided that the top 8 100m runners in England being 6 black and the 2 white. Do you think we could say no no no, this is a white country and blacks represent 15% so we must put 6 whites and 1 mulatto and a black person in the race????????????????
Would that be regarded as racist or a fair quota system based on the majority of whites in England?

2.5 m is a rough guess for two teams and one staying longer, the difference here is that pak and Aus are 1 and 2 in the world so we will actually make about 4m-8m on tv rights.
The quota system is silly to me as well. I would rather develop the grassroots first. I know SA has one but do we still have one? We have had plenty of situations where 6 white players have played in the last year. I think we are in survival mode. Nobody has been making noise about it for a while.

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:48 pm
jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:31 pm

The quota system is silly to me as well. I would rather develop the grassroots first. I know SA has one but do we still have one? We have had plenty of situations where 6 white players have played in the last year. I think we are in survival mode. Nobody has been making noise about it for a while.
Do we still have a quota system? I think it's still there. Unlike ZC, CSA have been clear about how many black Africans they want to see in international matches. ZC has never been clear on the quota issue, but one thing is for sure, they can never accept 90% - 100% white team picked on merit. There just aren't enough white players these days so I doubt we'll ever have problems there.

At U19 level however Zimbabwe can easily field a gun all white team but we all know that will never happen. You can easily tell from the structure of the team that they are trying to balance things out.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

There's no way ZC's mismanagement of the game over the years can be justified when a war-ridden country like Afghanistan that used to receive peanuts in comparison to what we used to get from the ICC hasn't had any financial trouble and has only been on the rise. Even after attaining full member status, they're set to receive a lot less than us from the ICC (only a third of what we're gonna get I think).

#ZCBOARD MUST GO

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

tawac wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:08 am
Lets get one thing straight, like I said both sides have cried RACISM at one time or another. For some reason we should get the pitch forks out because in this instance its the ZC chairman, like its a greater sin.

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/ ... de-of-hurt
Well, when the players cried racism, they were actually right. On the other hand, the allegations of racism on Streak by the ZC chairman are ridiculous and completely baseless.
March 11, 2004 was a pivotal day in Zimbabwe's cricket history. That afternoon, with preparations for a one-day international against Bangladesh completed, Streak was summoned to the Zimbabwe Cricket Union's offices by managing director Vince Hogg. The issue was the racial composition of the team, which included just two players of colour. It had been selected by Macsood Ebrahim and his panel, which comprised coach Geoff Marsh, Ali Shah and Stephen Mangongo, and had been signed off by ZCU vice-chairman Justice Ahmed Ebrahim, Macsood's father. Streak and Marsh found Hogg with Shah and "Max" Ebrahim when they arrived, but the man who had called the meeting, Ozias Bvute, was not there. Hogg dialled him up on speakerphone, and Bvute's message was clear: the team was not representative enough and it would be re-selected. Streak recalls: "I said, 'Well, this side's been selected by Ali Shah and Max Ebrahim and Stephen, so how can you say it's racist: there are no whites involved. And Geoff Marsh, who's advising them, is an Australian. Do you know the ramifications of doing this? Because the team's been announced and I'm not going to go and tell a guy he's been dropped and not tell him why.'" Bvute eventually arrived along with Mashonaland Cricket Association chairman Tavengwa Mukuhlani and general manager Givemore Makoni. Things became heated. Makoni threatened to dig up the pitch at the Harare Sports Club if the team was not changed. In an effort to find some middle ground, Max Ebrahim suggested Andy Blignaut and Mark Vermeulen be left out, given that they had recently recovered from injuries. Streak would not countenance the idea. The meeting dragged on for more than four hours before it was adjourned without a resolution.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

There has always been a quota system that the ZC board dictate to the province chairmen.
Then the selection of the provincial teams is not on merit.
The national team used to never have more than 3-4whiteys . The desperate world cup qualification desire for the money ended that and Streak was given carte blanche.

What ZC have now done and started in January was sytematically getting rid off whiteys in cricket.
Wayne James
James Condon
Heath Streak
Lance Klusener
Sean Bell
Greg Lamb
Nearly 50% of the fired lot are white.
That leaves Robin Brown and James Condon(Treasurer role in BMCA)
:evil: :evil: :evil:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:16 am
There has always been a quota system that the ZC board dictate to the province chairmen.
Then the selection of the provincial teams is not on merit.
The national team used to never have more than 3-4whiteys . The desperate world cup qualification desire for the money ended that and Streak was given carte blanche.

What ZC have now done and started in January was sytematically getting rid off whiteys in cricket.
Wayne James
James Condon
Heath Streak
Lance Klusener
Sean Bell
Greg Lamb
Nearly 50% of the fired lot are white.
That leaves Robin Brown and James Condon(Treasurer role in BMCA)
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Well it doesnt look like the midwest rhinos have a quota system :lol: With BT Jarvis and Bruce all going there they field 6 white players at full strength. They did that last year. I dont think there are enough white people in the system for there to be quotas like you rightly pointed out.

The u19 team is also filled with white players. Just take a look. Mangongo as much as people dont like him has proven many times he isnt who you guys think he is. I was always biased against him until I actually thought about it

If he was a racist he could have easily have gotten away with it at junior level but dont forget he left out his fastest bowler who he was singing praises a about at home because the kid accused him of favouring white players. We also forget he recalled Mark Vermeulen. Thats a guy most black people dont like and with good reason too. He has proven himself to be a racist but Mangongo brought him back.

I think Mangongo is just a hot head who can snap at anybody. That his weakness. These players cant work with somebody like that. Funny how anybody who makes them do some extra running never lasts long. I knew Makhaya was not going to last long with all his fitness drills once BT got back :lol: :lol: