#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by jimmylesaint »

Mukuhlani must resign in shame-he built his career as an mfana screaming racism racism and now 14yrs later he must end his career for falsely screaming racism racism. He also insinuated the match was fixed, in a tournament run by ICC!!Unbecoming of a gentleman let alone a Chairman and clearly breaches ZC constitution and must be suspended pending disciplinary proceedings!
Mukuhlani has by his actions/words
conducted himself in a manner that renders him unsuitable as a Director and brings the office of director into disrepute.
By publicly calling and/or heavily insinuating that Heath Streak a white coach of ZC was racist with no formal evidence or written affidavits; Mukuhlani has effectively alienated white Zimbabweans from cricket and black Zimbabweans because of his false accusations.
I call upon the MD Faisal to do his duty as Managing Director as per section 43 of the ZC Constitution and suspend Mukuhlani pending disciplinary proceedings.
The MD has a duty to act.
Last edited by jimmylesaint on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

strikerlube

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by strikerlube »

here here mate

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya that rant on ZBC would ordinarily be the nail in his coffin. Despicable racist opportunist.
Maybe those toothless ICC will take offense?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:03 am
Ya that rant on ZBC would ordinarily be the nail in his coffin. Despicable racist opportunist.
Maybe those toothless ICC will take offense?
What was he saying exactly?

tawac

Post by tawac »

Sadly in '04 Streak and co. sighted the ZC board then for racism. ICC investigated and found the board not at fault. Cry racism its has become like a scapegoat on all ZC issues. Nothing new to see here. Black/white both sides have used it to try a sway public opinion. I don't think the board is going anywhere any time soon. If the board continues messing up I would think the MD has to go with it. Whose ship is it any way, the MD, the Chairman, the Life President?
On a side note, how would a break away board work? What would it take for the ICC to recognize parallel structures?
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I can understand when the sports ministry or the SRC says there shouldn't be any knee-jerk reactions. But here are the non-negotiables, whatever be the circumstances:

1. Isn't ZC's decision to fire all the support staff already a knee-jerk reaction that they must first reverse as a priority if they want to be consistent with their statement?
2. More importantly, how can someone holding a responsible post of Chairman of ZC continue in his position if he has gone on record accusing the head coach, without any proof, of racism and match fixing within a week? Is there a precedent for that anywhere?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tawac wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:46 am
Sadly in '04 Streak and co. sighted the ZC board then for racism. ICC investigated and found the board not at fault.
ICC did not investigate ZC at any time about racism IIRC. Those investigations were much later and were about the finances. Streak and Co. did not accuse the board of racism, but asked them to address the grievances with respect to team selection criteria and demanded clarity. Streak was fired as captain for writing that letter and others followed him as they wanted to take a stand. There is a massive difference between asking for meritocracy in selection and calling someone racist. Taibu, in last year's interview with Dean du Plessis squarely agreed that Streak took the right step at that time but why he could not have followed him given his own situation at the time. I'm not sure how such stories of Streak and Co. accusing the board of racism float up.

Compare that to the direct statements made by the chairman and you would know where things stand.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Hasnain wont do it. He has been signing the terminantion letters. If he didnt agree he would have done that a long time ago. The fact that in December he even said it would be crazy if there were no changes if we didnt qualify makes it even worse. He is also a foreigner. A decision like that would bring serious heat.

I think its for the next election gents. We have to study that nomination process and make so much noise about it that they run a clean election. We have to beat them at their own game. Last time Manase and co were so relaxed and he was outgunned.

Asking for intervention from the President will get us suspended. Its not worth it. If the SRC doesnt do anything we are screwed.

The biggest lesson learnt here for me is the balancing act. I know Googly you dont agree with balancing issues. It shouldnt need to be done to be honest but thats just the unfortumate situation I think you find in ZC and CSA as well. If South Africa has an economic crisis because of their new policies their sports will crumble as well. Trust me its almost a miracle sport is even played in our country.

You go to any sports club or country in the world and you will find a similar situation. Boards put pressure on team selection in every sport. That happens absolutely everywhere. If you go against their choices then you make sure you bloody win. You cant go against a board "suggestion" then lose then cry foul when they are furious. Whether you were right or wrong they are going to crucify you for that. Deep down Streak knew his days were numbered after that game. He is just finding it hard to accept the 11 guys who played that day are the people who actually let him down. Its an unfortunate situation

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:59 am
tawac wrote:
Sadly in '04 Streak and co. sighted the ZC board then for racism. ICC investigated and found the board not at fault.
ICC did not investigate ZC at any time about racism IIRC. Those investigations were much later and were about the finances. Streak and Co. did not accuse the board of racism, but asked them to address the grievances with respect to team selection criteria and demanded clarity. Streak was fired as captain for writing that letter and others followed him as they wanted to take a stand. There is a massive difference between asking for meritocracy in selection and calling someone racist. Taibu, in last year's interview with Dean du Plessis squarely agreed that Streak took the right step at that time but why he could not have followed him given his own situation at the time. I'm not sure how such stories of Streak and Co. accusing the board of racism float up.

Compare that to the direct statements made by the chairman and you would know where things stand.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/23885 ... acism.html

Streak and Co actually did accuse the board of racism and tried to get us expelled in 2004. That is a fact. The ICC had to have a hearing and they cleared them.

To me this is why I dont listen to what somebody like Coltart has to say. His methods usually bring more harm to the ordinary fan. Flower and Olonga. England not touring. Players walkout. He is always involved.

tawac

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:59 am
tawac wrote:

Lets get one thing straight, like I said both sides have cried RACISM at one time or another. For some reason we should get the pitch forks out because in this instance its the ZC chairman, like its a greater sin.

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/ ... de-of-hurt
Timeline of a fallout

Seven months in 2004 that changed the course of Zimbabwean cricket

March 11 In the middle of a series, Ozias Bvute, the ZCU's director of integration, calls for the Zimbabwe ODI team to be re-selected with more players of colour included. His demands are not met; the meeting ends in stalemate.

March 24 Heath Streak, the captain, writes a letter to the ZCU's managing director, Vince Hogg, listing four key demands, including an end to unofficial quotas. Threatens to resign if they are not met.

March 30 An emergency meeting attended by a handful of players and ZCU representatives ends in acrimony.

April 2 Streak calls Hogg to reiterate his position. Hogg relays the conversation to the ZCU board. Twenty-year-old Tatenda Taibu is appointed captain.

April 8 Eleven contracted players - all white - threaten to resign if Streak is not reinstated as captain.

April 16 Thirteen white players go on strike. The ZCU names a 14-man squad for a one-day series against Sri Lanka. Uncapped 18-year-old Brendan Taylor is the only white member; only eight have international experience.

April 18 Zimbabwe's new squad trains for the first time at Harare Sports Club; two more white players join the "rebel" camp.

April 25 In the third ODI, in Harare, Zimbabwe are bowled out for 35 - the lowest score in ODI history. Sri Lanka chase the target in 9.2 overs.

May 5 The rebels write a letter to the ZCU, rejecting the board's offer of mediation and call for binding arbitration.

May 10 The ZCU fires the 15 rebel players.

May 17 Zimbabwe are beaten by massive margins in both Test matches by Sri Lanka: an innings, and over 200 runs.

July-August The rebels tour England for three weeks, under the banner of the "Red Lions", in a bid to keep playing and to raise money for two charities - the Cricketers' Trust and the Zimbabwe Pensioners' Trust.

September 28 An ICC hearing into allegations of racism by the ZCU begins in Harare. It is declared closed the next day after an impasse - the players ask for the proceedings to be held in camera; the board refuses. Both sides give written submissions.

October 17 The ICC panel releases its findings, indicating that it found no evidence of racism by the ZCU.

CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'