#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by TapsC »

http://nehandaradio.com/2018/04/19/mand ... n-exposed/

More in depth analysis of how far this corruption goes. Its going to be very difficult to dismiss them before their mandate. The corruption runs deep. This minister involved has a long history of corruption.

Shocked that MetBank refused for an audit on the ZC account and all the ICC did was switch banks. That actually shows us they wont save us. They obviously know our board is corrupt and if our players arent striking why would they care. If the domestic season is going on and the top 2 t20 countries are on the way in a couple of months then why would they care? We are screwed. The election next year is our best chance. We have to start mobilizing now.

Worst case scenario is Mnangagwa wins the next elections and the UK normalizes relations. You will even see England touring under this same board. This minister is firmly in that camp.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

And when you read it you see that Manase who was working with AC is very much involved in the mess. This is the problem I have with noise makers like Coltart. He endorsed Manase yet he is part of the problem. He endorsed Mukuhlani and co until they did something he didnt like yet they have always been part of the problem.

Its either we take a firm stance and say no the change must happen or we just let it go. If they bring back Streak or employ Brent for example the noise will go away. One has to wonder whether all this uproar would have happened had it only been Mangongo Lamb and Utseya who had been fired after the 2019 world cup. In fact this possibly happening leaked months ago and nobody said anything.

We have to protect everybody and not just fan favourites like streak and taibu. Last time 90% of the guys who left with Streak ended their careers right there yet Streak went back and in the end even became coach after being appointed by some of the guys who were actually there during the 2004 walkout. He knew what he was getting himself into. Taibu too. These were the same guys who harrassed Taibu a decade ago. Taibu is still quiet about the matter and his rising stars are still touring. It makes sense why players shouldnt sacrifice their careers for these guys unless there is a definite plan to remove them

The worst case scenario for Streak is that he gets a 100k severance package

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Good article TapsC
They don't go to the lower people like Nesta Vaki working at Met bank and ZC.
Surely the boss Enok Kamushinda must have relatives involved?

It beggars belief but i understand NOW!
When ZC say their audit was fine...perhaps it was BUT the follow up audit to METBANK was refused and we all know that's where the issues are as money can be created and deleted at will in a bank. But to send money it has to go through central bank and i don't think the oversight from government is blocking this.

Despite the claims of ignorance i dont think ICC are happy. They meet soon and we could be suspended. :W:

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

No surprises there! Bvute, Chingoka, Manase and Mukondiwa are all buddies.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

The level of corruption in Zimbabwe is insane!

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

grant wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:20 pm
No surprises there! Bvute, Chingoka, Manase and Mukondiwa are all buddies.
It's all a big joke
Look at the former ZanuPf (G40) being represented by MDC lawyers
While povo are fighting , killing each other these bigwigs are drinking beer together & making business deals together...

Googly

Post by Googly »

That article is so damning, how does it not bring about their downfall? How is it vaguely acceptable?
I’ve been offline for a few days because I just can’t get my head around the players endorsing the regime by taking to the field, I’m bitterly disappointed in them.
Anyone who tries to excuse it by saying they need the money and have families to consider is part of the problem. As much as I’ve been accused of being the doomsayer, I didn’t actually realize how bad it was!
Sure money will still roll in, but the players deserve whatever nonsense that’s coming their way. It’s the proverbial frog in the pot of water, it’s an inexorable slide into cricketing oblivion.
Just look around you whilst you’re playing cricket, gentlemen, are you going to be leaving the game in a better state, because that’s the yard stick? I’d say you’re leaving it in tatters. There are no up and coming talents that are going to lift our game, who’s replacing our ageing national and FC players? You’re all pretending it’s not your problem and some of you are probably quite grateful for opportunities that most definitely wouldn’t come your way if cricket was healthy here. It is most definitely your problem and you can do something about it, grow a tiny set of balls and make a stand.
How many years in a row must you be treated like shit before you realize the rhetoric is just a lie? That’s just at a personal level, have you ever just stopped and looked around and realized that we’ve got nothing here? What do the players who go overseas think when they see what’s going on elsewhere and try and draw comparisons with what’s happening back home? Do you not see that there’s no tomorrow? Do you not play with some superb cricketers overseas and realize that there are literally hundreds of them?
The truth is they need some white guys in administration and that idea is viewed with deep suspicion by practically everybody. Firstly we need them because we’re going nowhere without a balance of white cricketers throughout the system at every level and we need representation that we can trust. If anyone here thinks grass roots is the answer is just plain stupid! It’s a way of spreading cricket for sure, but you need serious facilities and coaches to achieve anything beyond mediocrity. Unless you triple the current standard played at the handful of schools that play at a level slightly above bush cricket immediately we’re going in reverse. The grass roots stuff is just a nice gesture and looks good in The Herald and is an opportunity for some admin to steal some cricket kit. Nothing in the last 15 years has given us cause to believe that there’s a single competent or trustworthy guy in our administration, that’s a sad truth. and I don’t believe a changing of the guard would change that. The guys making noises about this board are so disorganized that it would be a miracle if they made any headway, plus they honestly would have no idea of what to do next if they did. I read with disbelief the opinions on social media, the vast majority have absolutely no idea about cricket, of what the problems are, and even more have no idea about any solutions. Someone sent me some pics of a hurriedly convened mini WC with some kids rustled up from kamusha to show that the Board really does care :lol:
It’s pathetic.
These development coaches- all of you show us just one good batsman each that you’ve produced. Just one ea to justify your jobs. Not a kid that can hit a ball or do a forward defense, a kid that can consistently make some runs and comfortably play one or two age groups up. If you can’t then go far away because you’re not a coach, you’re a useless. We have become used to uselessness, mediocrity would be a giant leap forward.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

You are right Googly. The truth hurts but its true.

I honestly cant believe Metbank refused an audit and the story ended there. Thats shocking !

The painful part is that we might need to completely start over and risk a suspension to get anywhere. Its hard to accept even for me but we need to completely start over to make long term progress

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Well written.
Even if we cleaned out house we would struggle to retain and train.

90%chance of cricket becoming "bush cricket"

I think the people that give a shit that have tolerated working in the system and trying to change the system are more organised than you think.
What they are waiting for is the evidence for criminal prosecutions of the upper/middle management- they well get the brunt of things whilst the board members will just be resigned.

I was right about the death threats, let's hope i'm not right about the ICC suspending us. Particularly if they suspended us on the basis of the chairman of the Zimbabwe Cricket Board accusing his Head Coach of Racism :o

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.thestandard.co.zw/2018/04/2 ... d-illegal/

This is more like it. Now we are talking!

Interestingly enough the lawyer runs the rugby trust and is married to the president's daughter. Now there is a real chance we will get somewhere. We need this kind of action

These guys have done a lot for Zimbabwe rugby. It would be a step in the right direction