[MATCH THREAD] Pro50 Championship Rhinos v Goats & Stars v Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Pro50 Championship Rhinos v Goats & Stars v Eagles

Post by zimfan1 »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am
No Taylor, Cremer, PJ or Waller for the Rhinos.
It certainly looks a bit fishy, surely all four of them can't be injured/given a break at the same time.

Patrick Mambo for the Stars hasn't played since 2014! :shock:
Patrick Mambo has been in university in South Africa for the last few year. Must have finished his degree. Decent player.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

tawac wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am
Masukanda going out cheaply. This kid can onto the seen with so much promise. Has been given the chances too. He really needs to sort himself out.
He is going to Australia next year to play club cricket.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Finally some cricket again , I've been sooking in a corner since qualifiers still absolutely gutted about it. I'm happy the guns are sitting out hopefully the board takes notice and finally fucks off. They are ruining the future of zim cricket every day they are in charge. Hope everyone has Been well.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Tony Munyonga chalks up a fifty on debut. Anyone know much about this guy? only 19.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Is Chibhabha seriously keeping in this game??? Highly unlikely. Very odd that he hasn't had a bowl at all. Also Chigumbura just doesn't bowl anymore. He is now purely a batsman.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:06 am
Elton and his mercenaries are set to be the next national team- sell outs for a bit of shrapnel.
Tino Mawoyo.....is that correct he's playing?? i don't think he can get a 5 on the beep test. The lads been eating for preseason warm up.
Saw that coming. To be fair Elton is probably a perfect substitute for Waller. I wonder what Mire is thinking right now. Was his deal to be around just up until the qualifiers? At least he has options. PJ will be fine without cricket. Wasnt Waller planning to leave anyway? Ervine was rumoured to have a possible county deal, surely he would be over there by now if he was leaving.

BT and Jarvis just gave all that up. What can they possible do now? Can they just pack up and leave after just moving back. For me it looks like Raza wants to just play in foreign leagues now. He has that option. Williams is a guy I cant figure out whether he has options or not.

The rising stars look like they have taken a neutral stance and are basically all there. Probably direct instructions from their boss that its business as usual for them.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Well looks like Burl is the only whitey around?
The other guys scared away by the racist comments from the Doc.

In other news Mangongo hits the paper for suing ZC for unfair dismissal- well done Stephen! :W: You just got much respect .

tawac

Post by tawac »

Elton was one to the best talents to ever come out of the country. If it wont for their exploits we would even have cricket in Zim anymore. If he could turn on any of that magic of old then certainly he would be a shoe in for the T20 tri series. Don't know why cricket cant be the winner in all of this mess. I'm guessing all those boys out there just wanna play some cricket. And it would be great for them to actually get paid at the end of it all unlike the mercenaries that high tail to the next best paycheck.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Great effort from a depleted Rhinos side restricting Mountaineers to 226 all out, surely the best side on paper for this 2nd round of matches. Will be interesting to see how the Rhinos handle the Mountaineers bowling attack. Mountaineers should be able to defend this.

Stoneman Returns

Post by Stoneman Returns »

:lol: still playing 50 overs domestic cricket, with just 8 months to go to register among top 9 rankings in ICC T20 rankings to avoid the T20 qualifiers. Elton, Mowayo, Chibhabha still playing the game...showing scarcity of talents.

Elton & Chibhabha can only make records for Zimbabwe in playing most number of matches, they have passed their great times, tournament lacks competition. Club grade basher Zhuwao is the biggest example how he failed in the qualifiers after smashing in this weak level leagues.

If BT,Jarvis, Raza opts out for Zimbabwe, then its all over for Mukuhalani and Zimbabwe
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct