[MATCH THREAD] Logan Cup 2017/2018 Eagles vs Stars and Goats vs Rhino

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[MATCH THREAD] Logan Cup 2017/2018 Eagles vs Stars and Goats vs Rhino

Post by tawac »

The Logan Cup continues this week after a long break. Will be interesting to see who takes the field after a lot of faces missed out in the Pro50 stuff. Jarvis should be out for a while longer as he is nursing a hamstring injury well the absence of Taylor/Cremer is anyones guess.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Logan Cup 2017/2018 Eagles vs Stars and Goats vs Rhino

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, plenty of people missing.

tawac

Post by tawac »

Ngarava and Muzarabani missing from the stars team. Going to the UK as well. Njabulo Ncube makes another return.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Looks as though Zhuwao never got the memo that todays game is over a 4 day period. 36 from 14 balls.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, realizing that ZC won't organize the right tournaments at the right times, Chapungu and Zhuwao have taken the matter into their own hands, auditioning for T20 selection in Logan Cup matches.

Match pages on Cricinfo for any later reference:

Eagles v Stars: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8794 ... up-2017-18

Rhinos v Goats: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8794 ... up-2017-18

Chatara is the only all-format national player in action across all 4 teams today.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

A 75-ball hundred for Chapungu!

tawac

Post by tawac »

Chapungu gets to his second first class 100.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

tawac wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 am
Chapungu gets to his second first class 100.
New Zimbabwe X1
Chapungu
Zhuwao
Hami
BT capt
Sean W
Raza
PJ Moor / Mire
Chisoro
Madziva
Cremer/ welly
Mumba

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Honestly this latest version of our first class season is a joke, the quality of players is so low with Chatara the only real national team player playing.

You watch all these idiots in twitter will be calling for Zhuwao & Bothwell Chapungu to open for Zimbabwe

People blamed Streak for not rewarding domestic performances, well looking at the guys rocking up for this round it’s not hard to see why
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 am
Honestly this latest version of our first class season is a joke, the quality of players is so low with Chatara the only real national team player playing.

You watch all these idiots in twitter will be calling for Zhuwao & Bothwell Chapungu to open for Zimbabwe

People blamed Streak for not rewarding domestic performances, well looking at the guys rocking up for this round it’s not hard to see why
Is the board not to blame here too just like for everything else? Dont understand how you can criticise these players here when national players are on holiday instead of playing cricket.

Its diluted because many decent domestic players got club cricket gigs as this is not the usual season. Cant judge all of them because of poor planning by the people in charge.

Our message needs to be consistent here. This is how we create divisions.

Funny thing is Streak favourites like Burl did not blow these weak domestic players away a few days ago but he will still get picked over Mutombodzi in the ODI team. Well in the old way of doing things that is. Lets see how he plays in his real comfort zone today.

Why somebody like PJ who has a lot to prove isnt playing baffles me. If I was him I would have cancelled my holiday. The days of their band of brothers and getting picked in every squad when you average 18 are over