[MATCH THREAD] Logan Cup 2017/2018 Eagles vs Stars and Goats vs Rhino

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Logan Cup 2017/2018 Eagles vs Stars and Goats vs Rhino

Post by Kriterion_BD »

strikerlube wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:16 am

Stoneman and Vince not ready for test cricket is a big call I reckon, both are quality.
Perhaps. I'm just basing it on their low career averages thus far. But it is true that sometimes players need time to adjust. That being said, I don't think Stoneman or Vince are all that young. Subcontinent batters debut at 22-23 years of age and the ones who are class start performing right away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:28 am
jaybro wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 am
Honestly this latest version of our first class season is a joke, the quality of players is so low with Chatara the only real national team player playing.

You watch all these idiots in twitter will be calling for Zhuwao & Bothwell Chapungu to open for Zimbabwe

People blamed Streak for not rewarding domestic performances, well looking at the guys rocking up for this round it’s not hard to see why
Is the board not to blame here too just like for everything else? Dont understand how you can criticise these players here when national players are on holiday instead of playing cricket.

Its diluted because many decent domestic players got club cricket gigs as this is not the usual season. Cant judge all of them because of poor planning by the people in charge.

Our message needs to be consistent here. This is how we create divisions.

Funny thing is Streak favourites like Burl did not blow these weak domestic players away a few days ago but he will still get picked over Mutombodzi in the ODI team. Well in the old way of doing things that is. Lets see how he plays in his real comfort zone today.

Why somebody like PJ who has a lot to prove isnt playing baffles me. If I was him I would have cancelled my holiday. The days of their band of brothers and getting picked in every squad when you average 18 are over
Sorry been away for a few days

Yes correct TapsC the board is to blame for this shit show of a domestic competition, they're running the competition during the autumn when most of the domestic players have club contracts in England, maybe if they paid the domestic players they would stick around for the competition.

Im not blaming the players at all Im 100% blaming the board I don't know how you came up with that outcome from what I said???

It's not the players fault they're not up to scratch they're a product of the system, I'm simply pointing out the quality is diluted.

Looks like you went off a bit premature about Burl aye TapsC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

In reply to TapsC’s comment about record number centuries & fifties in a LC round, I found the 5th round of the 02/03 season contained 6 centuries & 11 fifties. There were 2 games in the round & the matches began on 18/4.
In the round just completed, there were 6 centuries & 11 fifties & the matches began on 19/4.
Must be something in the water this time of year. Still searching if this is the record.