Zimbabwe Tour to South Africa (3 ODIs 3 T20s)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zimbabwe Tour to South Africa (3 ODIs 3 T20s)

Post by zimfan1 »

ere is the full upcoming schedule of the high-flying Proteas.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) on Monday announced another bumper programme of home international fixtures for the 2018/19 season against Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

The international seasons starts with three-match series against Zimbabwe in both white ball formats from the end of September to the middle of October.

Pakistan are then the guests for the festive season with SuperSport Park hosting the opening Sunfoil Test match, starting on the Day of Goodwill (December 26) followed by the traditional New Year Test at Newlands and the final Test match at the Wanderers Stadium in mid-January.

This will be followed by five Momentum ODIs and three KFC T20 International matches.

Sri Lanka start their tour in mid-February with Sunfoil Test matches at Kingsmead and St. George’s Park to be followed by five Momentum ODIs and three KFC T20 International matches.

“We are pleased to announce the complete schedule of international cricket for our home season,” commented CSA Acting Chief Executive, Thabang Moroe.

“It is going to be a very busy period and a very big one for our Standard Bank Proteas who will be using the programme of 13 ODIs against three different opponents in addition to the away tours to fine tune their preparations for the 2019 ICC World Cup to be played in England and Wales commencing on May 30 next year.

“Following the outstanding Test match cricket played by the Proteas during the past season we can also look forward to plenty more world-class entertainment by our acknowledged stars during the five Test matches against Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

“By taking the Zimbabwe tour to some of our smaller venues we are also creating the opportunity for our fans around the country to see the Proteas in action.

“Our fans now also have the opportunity to make their holiday plans in good time so that they can watch the Proteas in action in their favourite formats,” concluded Mr. Moroe.

Schedule

Zimbabwe tour (2018)

30 September: First ODI (Kimberley)

3 October: Second ODI (Bloemfontein)

6 October: Third ODI (Paarl)

9 October: First T20I (East London)

12 October: Second T20I (Potchefstroom)

14 October: Third T20I (Benoni)

TapsC

Re: Zimbabwe Tour to South Africa (3 ODIs 3 T20s)

Post by TapsC »

At least we wont get another test match horror show.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

3 t20s against SA will be pretty ugly

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Jemisi wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 pm
3 t20s against SA will be pretty ugly
Should be closer than the ODIs because the innings are just 120 balls long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I guess this is ok we can't really be picky especially after the boxing day horror show

But I'm getting more concerned about our test match or lack of fixtures, if we can't afford to host Australia for a Test and South Africa won't host us for one I'm struggling to see where our next test match is coming from???
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

What kind of national team will be selected with the Streak rebellion by other players
ZC should save face by reinstating Streak but with no selection power
Selection panel A Campbell, another former player & a third person with coaching experience..

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Worst part about is that the Proteas never have any mercy for us. Will never forget them harrassing Taibu in a test match. Boucher was just cruel that day.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Surely now ZC will organise a few Twenty20 games. We are really out of touch with the game and the skills gained usaully help when you need a mere 24runs off 18balls. Our bowlers surely have no clue how to react when they start going for runs. It will be nice to see the battles between Zhuwao/Chapungu/Raza vs Jarvis/Chatara/Blessing.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

T20 seems to be where the future of the game lay, whether domestically or internationally, and Zimbabwe are ridiculously behind the trend. Playing better T20 cricket will also help our ODI cricket. That run chase against the UAE would have been pretty comfortable had we a bit more T20 experience and skill.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:16 pm
T20 seems to be where the future of the game lay, whether domestically or internationally, and Zimbabwe are ridiculously behind the trend. Playing better T20 cricket will also help our ODI cricket. That run chase against the UAE would have been pretty comfortable had we a bit more T20 experience and skill.
+1

I’ve said this previously that our lack of t20 cricket is hurting our other formats

We’re shit house in the last 10 overs battting and no king more t20 cricket will help this
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement