Zimbabwe's XI for T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Zimbabwe's XI for T20

Post by Mueddie28 »

Zhuwao
Chapungu
Hami
BT
Raza
Sean
Chisoro
Mire
Cremer
Chatara
Mumba

Reserves Musakanda, Murray .chibhabha Madhevere & Madziva
Chgumbura & M Waller can be included only if they are inform In the domestic league....

Blessing & Jarvis should stick with one day cricket
And test cricket..Only due to injury should they be included in T20 lineup..
PJ Moor; Burl & Craig Ervine should stick with one day cricket And test cricket..

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe's XI for T20

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Squad should be picked after arranging domestic T20 competition. Logan Cup & Pro 50 club standard " legends " has already destroyed Zimbabwe in the qualifiers, none of them got criticized as board continued their old system of blaming coaches and this time brought racial issues, that took the matter into differant level.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Best Zimbabwe T20 Squad ever

C Wishart
G Flower
S Ervine
T Friend
G Whitall
A Flower ( c / wkb )
D Marillier
A Blignaut
P Strang
H Streak
B Strang

tawac

Post by tawac »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:14 am
Squad should be picked after arranging domestic T20 competition. Logan Cup & Pro 50 club standard " legends " has already destroyed Zimbabwe in the qualifiers, none of them got criticized as board continued their old system of blaming coaches and this time brought racial issues, that took the matter into differant level.
Looking at the add for the Head Coach as advertised by ZC, they have T20 World Cup qualification at the top of thier list. I would reckon in the short term a good coach would table his plans. And getting the player pool to play more games would be up there. ZC have to own up, surely they cant expect miracles to happen without them putting money where is matters. As things stand I dont think we actually have a T20 team to speak of. We hardly play the format even at domestic level. Guys like Chapungu, Kamunhukamwe have shown great hitting abilities but to they have what it takes? Only more consistant performances would show if they deserve a look in.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Black Mamba wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:47 am
Best Zimbabwe T20 Squad ever

C Wishart
G Flower
S Ervine
T Friend
G Whitall
A Flower ( c / wkb )
D Marillier
A Blignaut
P Strang
H Streak
B Strang
Not sure which basis you are using but most of this squad were at the twilight of their careers when T20 become a thing. In terms of ability deffinately guys like Marilier, Blignaut had the ability. But as a "Best Zimbabwe T20 squad Ever" more of "Best Probable Zimbabwe T20 Team"
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Well Australia have already named their squad which confirms they are coming. We need to get serious now.

Its a decent squad too. If Pakistan also name a decent team then I actually dont believe these guys will strike. Tough one on them to be honest but they know a good performance in that tri-series can open doors

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Ian Butchart should be the first name on that list, for T20 XI's