[Logan Cup 2017-18] Rhinos v ZRS & Tuskers v Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

[Logan Cup 2017-18] Rhinos v ZRS & Tuskers v Eagles

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Rhinos vs Stars: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8794 ... up-2017-18

The other one might start tomorrow.

Time for Musakanda to start notching up 3 figures regularly if he is serious about national team ambitions. He is capable. Probably giving him extra responsibility of captaincy of the Stars might help bring out the leader in him and hence an improvement to his scores?

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017-18] Rhinos v ZRS & Tuskers v Eagles

Post by Black Mamba »

Taffy Mupriwa should develop himself as a wicket keeper batsman.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I like the look of the RS squad.

I'll be watching the England based squad a lot this coming summer, so I can report back on who's doing what.

Can't wait to see how Tyler does. You guys should be excited that somebody so talented has been included here.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

PJ and Nyathi with scores

For PJ though a 70 odd is just a pass mark against this bowling attack, any international quality batsman should be posting 100’s
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

It's time for a foreign coach with no favoritism just trying to win games
Remember Chisoro, Jongwe & Mutumbani played became they had performed according to What more
While Streak kept M Waller in the squad as a favour to Andy Waller...
Public. Outcry got Zhuwao in the squad

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s a good idea, I don’t think we’ve thought of having a foreign coach, you’re onto something.

NickG

Post by NickG »

No foreign coach is going to touch the role with a barge pole, unless they are a complete unknown or completely desperate!! :D :D

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Well considering ZC has taken the drastic step of advertising on twitter for the role it doesn’t sound like anyone wants the job lol

I’m really not taking any of the performances in this latest rounds of domestic cricket seriously, as I said Moor scored 79 which is good but against what attack?

People were critical of Streak and Taibu not rewarding players for domestic performances but with the quality so low you can’t blame them.

We say this every year but next year we really need all of our best players playing every match.

In the Dean Du Plessis interview with Gary Brent he spoke of how when he played everyone player even the likes of the Flowers, Campbell etc played club cricket and every club side had foreign imports. As Googly has said we need club cricket to be stronger which should make our domestic cricket stronger.

He also mentioned that we had an ‘A side’ in the South African competition, I’ve mentioned this before as something that will help.

We can swap coaches, captains and selectors as much as we like but until we have a strong base of club cricket and domestic cricket things will never change.

Even if guys playing overseas like Welch, Byrom, Evans, Lake etc have contracts which restrict them from playing for Zimbabwe, having them playing club cricket and even domestic cricket will help raise the standard and help improve the guys who are available for selection

It’s the responsibility of the board to achieve this.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

They should run advertisements in H-Metro and The Herald.
If I know ZC they already have someone, they’re pretending to do it properly, but can’t even do that.
Where do I listen to the Dean Du Plessis Brent discussion?

Googly

Post by Googly »

They will be seriously considering Chawaguta, and Utseya will be trying to tidy up his coaching credentials as well.
Surely there has to be somewhere he can get an online Level 3? :lol: