[Match Thread] West Indies 'A' v Zimbabwe (4-day match)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] West Indies 'A' v Zimbabwe (4-day match)

Post by tawac »

sloandog wrote:Maybe it's just me I don't know, but I thought that scoring 194* in an ODI outlines the class of a batsmen. He may have had a poor run in the T20 Domestic Tournament, but like is said, on his day the man is mesmerizing !! And ay, read the post man, I said the fact was that he's one of the strongest hitters in Zimbabwe, not the most consistent ! THAT IS FACT Tawac ! :x
I hope you scoff on your words because this tournament will make Charles Coventry
No sweat coz I dont see him playing in this tournament. It takes a bit more than one innings to outline the "class" of a batsman.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

sloandog wrote:
tawac wrote:The top order is surely letting the team down and Charles Coventry is a load of !@#23. We keep him in the team and the dude is hopeless lets face it. The are better players who are able to replace him Mutizwa, Mawoyo, Chikabva to mension a few. I think all these guys can do better than him. I say his a one hit wonder he should be dropped from the side.
I so disagree dude. He may be a bit hit and miss at the moment, but when he comes off he's world class. His innings against the Windies in the 5th ODI was a fantastic knock, and he's undoubtedly one of the strongest hitters in the country at the moment. Fact, not opinion.
I wouldn't class Charles Coventry world class, nor mesmering. There's better adjectives, like lacklustre, jaded, clueless

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Have to agree with Tawac that i cant see Coventry getting a game in the World cup as looks like it will be a battle between ervine and Sibanda for the one remaining batting spot.

I do think Coventry has been treated a bit harshly as he was only given one game in the West Indies in which he hit a half century and now once again finds himself on the sidelines.

However im afraid Sloandog that have to go with the general consenses that Coventry is not a class player, in fact we have very few class players as a whole in our side. Coventry is a very talanted player but he has big issues against pace, yes he plays spin very well and is a good stiker of the ball but he is to inconsistant to be seen as class.

The player who i am watching closey is Craig Ervine who seems to be in the Sean Williams mould.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:Have to agree with Tawac that i cant see Coventry getting a game in the World cup as looks like it will be a battle between ervine and Sibanda for the one remaining batting spot.

I do think Coventry has been treated a bit harshly as he was only given one game in the West Indies in which he hit a half century and now once again finds himself on the sidelines.

However im afraid Sloandog that have to go with the general consenses that Coventry is not a class player, in fact we have very few class players as a whole in our side. Coventry is a very talanted player but he has big issues against pace, yes he plays spin very well and is a good stiker of the ball but he is to inconsistant to be seen as class.

The player who i am watching closey is Craig Ervine who seems to be in the Sean Williams mould.
:|