Finally players broke out their silence

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Finally players broke out their silence

Post by eugene »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:37 am
The ultimatum should be for a change of board, not unpaid salaries.
Exactly.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

The players will be promised a free farm ea, a Toyota Landcruiser each, ten million bucks if they win and they will go for it. You could sell these guys the Eiffel Tower😂😂. They’d be fighting at the shebeen who actually owned it.
The board must be thinking- how stupid must these mother suckers be!!! But let’s give it one more shot coz it’s worked 400 times in a row already. :lol: :lol: :lol:
When all is said and done they all deserve each other.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

That article literally had the blueprint to defeat the board. It says we had to complete the domestic season to get the next payment. If all of them had boycotted they would have been done. Simple as that

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:34 pm
That article literally had the blueprint to defeat the board. It says we had to complete the domestic season to get the next payment. If all of them had boycotted they would have been done. Simple as that
Without a proper union it's impossible to force everyone to boycott. ZC probably would've got 4th stringers to play. No payment but get a Cricinfo page :).

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:34 pm
Too many bottom feeders in Zimbabwe there was always going to be some club cricketers who wouldn't have knocked back the chance for an cricinfo profile page. Just like if the national players strike I'm sure there will be players who will their chance to play for Zimbabwe.

just how it works sadly
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

They will never have to rely on the club bottom feeders because there are plenty of centrally contracted and FC players that are prepared to continue playing for a pittance and a promise. People can make excuses about them havin to feed their families and all that crap, but it’s a lie. What they’re afraid of is change. Either a new Board will continue in the same vein (highly likely as I don’t see anyone in waiting that could do a good job) and they figure better the devil you know, or a new Board will implement the necessary austerity measures that would marginalize many of the very ordinary players out there even further. It’s Stockholm Syndrome.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s expected in all walks of life that anyone in authority has the right to the piggy bank, the fight has always been for that right, not one person in the last 20 years in any field has used their position to implement change for the good and draw only the salary that goes with the job. I think if such a person arose from the ashes he’d be considered stupid by most, a wasted opportunity, that’s the tragedy of it all.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

True. Its a sad story.

My problem is that I feel that national players should have just played the domestic games if they know a full-on strike is not possible. Why? Because we all know there will be some sort of "last minute agreement" . I understand the salaries issue but they have played no cricket since March and they just expect to walk out and beat Australia and Pakistan after a few net sessions? The only people they actually harmed by not playing the domestic games was themselves because the ICC will only notice when the international games come by.

My prediction is that that they will play the international games then get pumped and in the post match interviews you will hear them complain about not playing enough games over the last few months yet they boycotted the only games they had to get ready.

Their contracts must be really poor for them to get paid for April and May when they were technically not at work. The proper way is what they did with their lawyers now with a formal notice that they wont play the tri-series. I guess they were all "injured"

In the end the biggest losers in all this is us the fans.. its going to be a tough year.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

System of not playing domestic cricket as a protest for non payment of salary has been successfully working since 2001.And once paid, they makes come back in the side

Board will continue with their financial problems and players will continue their old systrm of protest unless any long term method arrives to balance the situation

Marmolejo

Post by Marmolejo »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 am
True. Its a sad story.

My problem is that I feel that national players should have just played the domestic games if they know a full-on strike is not possible. Why? Because we all know there will be some sort of "last minute agreement" . I understand the salaries issue but they have played no cricket since March and they just expect to walk out and beat Australia and Pakistan after a few net sessions? The only people they actually harmed by not playing the domestic games was themselves because the ICC will only notice when the international games come by.

My prediction is that that they will play the international games then get pumped and in the post match interviews you will hear them complain about not playing enough games over the last few months yet they boycotted the only games they had to get ready.

Their contracts must be really poor for them to get paid for April and May when they were technically not at work. The proper way is what they did with their lawyers now with a formal notice that they wont play the tri-series. I guess they were all "injured"

In the end the biggest losers in all this is us the fans.. its going to be a tough year.
Totally agree