Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Posts: 6640
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by sloandog » Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 am

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:16 am
Rajput will like to live up to his reputation as a coach. But his potential and aspirations may be marred by the prevailing situation in the Zimbabwe Cricket. Are there quality players to train? This is one major question the Zimbabwe Cricket will have to answer before Rajput starts his string in right earnest.
https://www.insidesport.co/lalchand-raj ... 421052018/
I love the new profile picture
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

jimmylesaint
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by jimmylesaint » Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 am

i think this guy may as well go and coach the Pitcairn Islands they have more willing players than ZIM.
Unless the coach is doing it for free ???? Then we must thank him and the people of India and try and guess who his monthly wage would still go to :lol:

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 7792
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Wed May 23, 2018 4:08 am

I wonder why the BCB, without a coach for god knows how long now, did not approach Rajput. Or even why the BCCI did not suggest his name to them as they have done in the past with ACB and now with ZC. The two boards get along quite well. May be BCB is looking at a bigger name than him...

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6537
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by jaybro » Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 am

In all honesty I'd never heard of Lalchand Rajput before and yes he was coach when India won the t20 WC but is he really a 'big name coach' ??
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 7792
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Wed May 23, 2018 4:23 am

He's an intelligent guy. He's been credited with the growth of a few players like Gambhir and Kohli from their youth. Not sure how much were his inputs and how much of it were their own natural talent, but he is well respected all around. He also had that incident in the last Zim home series where AFG had to squeeze a win in the rain interrupted game, and he got his team to go and help the groundsmen so that play could take place. And they got enough overs in to make it a match legally and won. He's a guy who is known to think on his feet. Could be the reason why a relatively inexperienced (in terms of T20 cricket) India won the World T20 in 2007.

May be too naive a guy to fit into the ZC regime though...

Mueddie28
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by Mueddie28 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 am

jaybro wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 am
In all honesty I'd never heard of Lalchand Rajput before and yes he was coach when India won the t20 WC but is he really a 'big name coach' ??
Lalchand Rajput is a short fix if he fails ZC will not renew his contract & just reinstate Streak to avoid paying the lawsuit filed by Streak's lawyers..
On the other hand if Lalchand Rajput is successful in Zimbabwe , ZC gets justified for firing Streak
Win win for ZC admin

User avatar
Black Mamba
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:55 am
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by Black Mamba » Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Mueddie28 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 am
In all honesty I'd never heard of Lalchand Rajput before and yes he was coach when India won the t20 WC but is he really a 'big name coach' ??
Lalchand Rajput is a short fix if he fails ZC will not renew his contract & just reinstate Streak to avoid paying the lawsuit filed by Streak's lawyers..
On the other hand if Lalchand Rajput is successful in Zimbabwe , ZC gets justified for firing Streak
Win win for ZC admin
Rajput featured India & Afghanistan with some upcomming talents followed by few of the match winners. As per Zimbabwe is concerned, in present form Raza is the only one with match winning t20 talent, rest are pretty average. Secondly, ZC evaluates performance on coaches not on players. So, Rajput's contract wont be renewed as there is hardly any chance of Zimbabwe beating Pakistan or Aussies.

User avatar
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Posts: 2325
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:14 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) » Thu May 31, 2018 8:20 am

sloandog wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 am
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:16 am
Rajput will like to live up to his reputation as a coach. But his potential and aspirations may be marred by the prevailing situation in the Zimbabwe Cricket. Are there quality players to train? This is one major question the Zimbabwe Cricket will have to answer before Rajput starts his string in right earnest.
https://www.insidesport.co/lalchand-raj ... 421052018/
I love the new profile picture
Thanks
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jaybro and 9 guests