Mangongo demands $400,000 in compensation, gratuity included

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Mangongo demands $400,000 in compensation, gratuity included

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... ds-400-000

The baffoons representing ZC turned up for arbitration not even knowing for how long Mangongo was employed by ZC!

Impressive breakdown of expected demands by Mangongo, who is being represented by that man Zvimba...

But with this, one would think Mangongo has basically burnt the bridges massively.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Mangongo demands $400,000 in compensation, gratuity included

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

With all this type of thing going on, my question is how long do the banks keep extending the credit?

Is it best st this point to do a Thelma and Louise and just try and get as much money and debt knowing it’ll implode in a year or two and just live it up until then.

Then a new entity can re emerge after. Clean slate.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

I bet the ZC board are busy laughing at this. They think they can dismiss any employee . They continue to violate the icc rules and regulations

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Cant believe they would dismiss a man who gave almost 30 years of his life like that. Shocking.. Unfortunately the banks wont stop because they now know 9 million comes every year and I think Metbank has been getting paid. Its easy money for them to be honest compared to most companies who actually dont have a guaranteed source of income like ZC does. We are totally screwed if the ICC doesnt do anything.

Once they get a loan and pay all the national players they will just go back to work and everything will look normal from the outside looking in whilst the small guys keep getting pushed around. The only way to get rid of these guys is collective industrial action by everybody there but unfortunatley there are clearly too many divisions. Im sure they will change the election rules next year so that nobody can challenge them

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Good for Mangongo!
He will walk away with about $300k...eventually.
ZC will try come back with bully boy tactics and accusations that are irrelevant to the current labour issue.
Stick with it Stephen, these people probably don't have contracts on file because they believe no contract no claim.
Same as their "fixed term contracts" you can only do that for a certain amount of times before it is deemed a full time contract.

We await the players to team up with Mlotshwa in suing for what is owed or team up with Zvimba to sue for what is owed. That next tranche of ICC money must go to an administrator to pay the players first then the tech teams then the caterers/hoteliers etc leaving nothing for the Board.
As for burning bridges???? WHo gives a poop, some bridges need to be burnt and i'm sure he will be well positioned when the new board is in place.
Personally i think he should have Makonis job in the new structure :P

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:10 am
Cant believe they would dismiss a man who gave almost 30 years of his life like that. Shocking..
But you're happy to see Streaky and Taibu kicked to the curb ???
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:00 am
https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... ds-400-000

The baffoons representing ZC turned up for arbitration not even knowing for how long Mangongo was employed by ZC!

Impressive breakdown of expected demands by Mangongo, who is being represented by that man Zvimba...

But with this, one would think Mangongo has basically burnt the bridges massively.
I don’t know about that. Taibu did the same, became the poster boy again and now has been pushed aside. With so few personnel I would say it’s musical chairs, I see a settlement on the horizon and then SM either rejoining them at a later stage or opening the Tashinga Academy and getting funding from ZC.
He’s the only guy that does any work! Nobody has done as much on the ground for the advancement of black cricket as him.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:16 am
TapsC wrote:
Cant believe they would dismiss a man who gave almost 30 years of his life like that. Shocking..
You cant compare 30 years to 2. I never even wanted Streak and Taibu to be gone forever anyway. I mentioned that I felt that we needed a bigger selection panel and also a new head coach but Streak to be the bowling coach.

The truth is Streak and Taibu are so loved here that people think they did absolutely no wrong. Thats what I disagree with. Everybody else can be criticized besides them.

The Mangongo sacking rumours surfaced before the qualifiers and nobody cared. Makhaya was sacked and nobody wanted to hear his side of the story. Streak even commented after the whole qualifiers mess that he felt that Makhaya " was not able to do the job as needed" and thats why he was let go. Whatmore was fired in a similar fashion and nobody cared.

These guys will continue burning people. We must keep the same energy for all situations and not just defend when its national heroes.

Even when it comes down to these salaries, national players must also have everybody else's back. If people always fight for themselves only , they will never beat these guys.

Remember when the domestic players led a strike and declared early in a game after the national players had been paid and they were only given half of what they had been promised? Sean Williams even opened in one of the innings. This was 18 months ago

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 73514.html

This is why you probably find these guys are playing on despite what's going on with the national team players.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Once these cricket pretenders at ZC are kicked out and sent back to their failing businesses or political aspirations , real cricketers can take over AND NO 1
on the agenda is
PLAYERS UNION
Funded by 15% of monies made/received by ZC yearly(1.5m a year) covering 100 professional cricketers n the country.
The union will cover medical insurance,life insurance,athletic development/schooling/pensions etc
BUT you must qualify for some benefits IF you stay in Zimbabwe, you play in Zimbabwe you play for Zimbabwe.Or in some instances you have your overseas degree paid for you stay in cricket and you pass first time or pay yourself.
And after 10 years service to cricket in Zimbabwe you can pick up a pension or lump sum to transition into another job role etc.
It will give job security and keep our best in Zim.
It will keep ZC Board honest
It will ensure players vote for an action and any one refusing to comply with the majority will lose the protection of the union and their benefits ...negating ZC ability to bribe players.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:23 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:16 am
TapsC wrote:
You cant compare 30 years to 2. I never even wanted Streak and Taibu to be gone forever anyway. I mentioned that I felt that we needed a bigger selection panel and also a new head coach but Streak to be the bowling coach.

The truth is Streak and Taibu are so loved here that people think they did absolutely no wrong. Thats what I disagree with. Everybody else can be criticized besides them.

The Mangongo sacking rumours surfaced before the qualifiers and nobody cared. Makhaya was sacked and nobody wanted to hear his side of the story. Streak even commented after the whole qualifiers mess that he felt that Makhaya " was not able to do the job as needed" and thats why he was let go. Whatmore was fired in a similar fashion and nobody cared.

These guys will continue burning people. We must keep the same energy for all situations and not just defend when its national heroes.

Even when it comes down to these salaries, national players must also have everybody else's back. If people always fight for themselves only , they will never beat these guys.

Remember when the domestic players led a strike and declared early in a game after the national players had been paid and they were only given half of what they had been promised? Sean Williams even opened in one of the innings. This was 18 months ago

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 73514.html

This is why you probably find these guys are playing on despite what's going on with the national team players.
Ummm I’m pretty sure Streak has given more than “ 2 years” to Zimbabwe Cricket buddy, he’s been serving the game longer than you’ve been alive I dare say.

Mongongo has been coach of the 19’s for a while mate two world cups and the side hasn’t done anything really so to say he didn’t deserve to get sacked but Streak did is double standards

You’ve played your cards young fella easy to see where you sit
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement