[Match Thread] Pro 50 2017/18 Stars vs Rhinos & Eagles vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread] Pro 50 2017/18 Stars vs Rhinos & Eagles vs Rhinos

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Alright, I'm calling it. I won't mind Mpofu at 9 across all formats. He still has a few things to offer. And I loved how he batted against the WI in that test match. And he seems to be developing exceptionally as a batsman.

If Tiripano can hit 135+ regularly (he's nowhere near that sadly), Tiripano at 8 and Mpofy at 9 is a great prospect.

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

tawac wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm
Mayavo the Rhinos keeper has put in few scores in this round of games. Should count for something given the no one else seems to be putting in any performances of note.
He's been pretty consistent for some time now. Would he be worth a punt for the PAK/AUS series despite not batting in a t20 before?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

No way should Mpofu be at 9. Unless there are two genuine bunnies after him. He is certainly going well with the bat this year but with Cremer at 8, one of the other bowling options will be ahead of him for sure.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Im really happy that Elton is taking cricket seriously again. I feel like he still has something to offer. He probably burnt out for a bit. These guys have been playing high pressure international cricket since they were teenagers. It must be draining.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

You would certainly put him in the apocalyptic XI

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

With Jarvis on holiday in the Vic Falls (according to a recent post on twitter) I would think Mpofu makes the team. He has been outstanding. We seriously need the national team guys regrouping now because the tri-series isn't far off. Waller bowled tight but we really need him for his batting. What has become of Vitori he has only played the odd game for tuskers. Is he looking to have his action retested again or he has all but given up. That apocalyptic XI could become a reality if things dont change.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'