Performance Watch: Zimbabwean Players

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Performance Watch: Zimbabwean Players

Post by Detective RDS »

How good is Tinashe Kamunhukamwe ? He is the leading run scorer in the Pro50 competition. Has to make the A side. When is the next A matches ? Anybody fancy him in the Zimbabwean tri series next month ?

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Performance Watch: Zimbabwean Players

Post by Black Mamba »

Detective RDS wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:59 am
How good is Tinashe Kamunhukamwe ? He is the leading run scorer in the Pro50 competition. Has to make the A side. When is the next A matches ? Anybody fancy him in the Zimbabwean tri series next month ?
Taking the regulars in the squad and giving chance to the youths, both will result loss. So, its better to try youths in the youth oriented game then old wine in new bottle. As it will be exciting moment, if youth delivers, underperforming seniors might have tough times.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Still early days for Kamunhukamwe but given the stocks at hand or rather the lack of stocks I don't think he is one of the very few players who have put their hand up. So may as well give him a go. If his performance in the current season are anything to go by he looks really suited to the short format stuff. He should be making the 15 for the triseries at list.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Kyle Jarvis back in training and looking forward to the triseries.

https://twitter.com/KyleJarv89/status/1 ... 3863019520
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I am cautiously optimistic about the Hulk but one must remember he was really struggling in the early rounds of the Logan Cup against stronger opposition, you could argue he is only now cashing in because the bowlers he is facing are rubbish, or we could hope that he has made the necessary adjustments and improvements to his game to produce the impressive returns.

Time will tell but i'm almost certain he will be picked for the Tri Series
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, we've seen a lot of guys doing well with red ball cricket and having miserable numbers to show when it comes to white ball (Moor is a glowing example, there are many like that). My theory is that they take advantage of the close in fielders and play a lot of high risk areal shots that come off in longer format (before the field is spread as a reaction to the attack) and hence have better numbers to show there. Kamunhukamwe, on the other hand, has better numbers in ODs and that is a cause for cautious optimism. His hundred the other day looked a mature knock. Not just slam bang when the field is in, but he carried it on much beyond that.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Looks like Liam Roche is another one who should be fast tracked into the A side. Will he be around or opt for overseas study/cricket career ?