Raza’s Zimbabwe future in doubt as he joins English club

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Raza’s Zimbabwe future in doubt as he joins English club

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:27 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:23 am
Really did not expect Raza of all people to leave. He was the most passionate of the boys out there despite not being born in ZIM!

Why put a Canadian league over your country.
Seriously? After all the shit he's taken and the lack of payment, you really ask that question?
ZC needs to be dispanded while these crooks are running the show. My interest is dwindling quikcly as any success we achieve is window dressing for the diabolical situation behind the scenes.
I mean that I'm just surprised the Canadian league can offer enough money + quality to make it worth teh while of a player like Raza.

Stephen Smith and David Warner can't play in an officially sanctioned ICC tournaments (as I understand it) due to their bans, so that makes sense. Otherwise they wouldn't even think of a Canadian T20 stint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm
sloandog wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Really did not expect Raza of all people to leave. He was the most passionate of the boys out there despite not being born in ZIM!

Seriously? After all the shit he's taken and the lack of payment, you really ask that question?
ZC needs to be dispanded while these crooks are running the show. My interest is dwindling quikcly as any success we achieve is window dressing for the diabolical situation behind the scenes.
I mean that I'm just surprised the Canadian league can offer enough money + quality to make it worth teh while of a player like Raza.

Stephen Smith and David Warner can't play in an officially sanctioned ICC tournaments (as I understand it) due to their bans, so that makes sense. Otherwise they wouldn't even think of a Canadian T20 stint.
I have been working here teaching Australian sports such as cricket, footy and netball. Toronto has a big Asian population and many schools have got cricket teams. Add all us Aussies and English people on visas. They actually have a market for it here

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm
sloandog wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

You're missing the whole point. A guaranteed pay check in a Canadian boasting names like Smith, Warner, Gayle, Parnell, Pollard, Miller etc is much better than playing for a country that refuses to pay you or care about you.

Also, Smith and Warner would not think of a Canadian stint because they have domestic clubs, and counties that employ them. Barring that, they would have been playing for their national team and getting paid proper money and top level cricket.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am

Also, Smith and Warner would not think of a Canadian stint because they have domestic clubs, and counties that employ them. Barring that, they would have been playing for their national team and getting paid proper money and top level cricket.
I'm not judging the decision. Raza is certainly not the first player to walk off from ZIM. But at the same time, you have to accept a certain level of crap when you sign up to play cricket in ZIM I think. You know right off the bat that you won't be getting paid on time.

I'm more curious as to why quit now? Especially if you're only going to come back 6-12 months later. Cremer did it, Williams did it, I think even Taylor did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

He will come back to a fatter contract. I’m asssuming his contract was up for renewal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Those contracts should have a breach clause on both sides if his manager was any good