[Pro 50 Final] Stars v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Pro 50 Final] Stars v Mountaineers

Post by NickG »

All very good for the Rising Stars, but let's see what ZC do. Probably nothing.

The project, initiated and delivered by Taibu, has been an unmitigated success. Talent has been identified, has been sent on a gruelling 50 match tour of the UK and boy has that game time had its rewards.

I very much doubt if ZC will recognise what made this project a success. They will also try and falsely claim some of it as their own.

Let's see what happens...

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Wow. Well done to the Stars.

There has been a lot of bad news but a win by the youngsters is good news.

Goats batting was weak Crimson, you're right but as you said, they have played this season with the best attack.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Well played young guns.
Good work by flashsports.co.uk ,Nick Gordon and Taibu.
Butt alas ZC really have no clue and really also want to control players.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ve been particularly negative of late so why stop now?
Congrats to the lads, a tremendous effort to all involved, but that’s an alarming result. Some decent players in there but there’s no way that they should be beating first class sides. As I said, whilst they did very well, it’s more an extremely poor reflection on the state of our franchise cricket. We all knew it was a low standard, but this bad?
Where else would this happen? I accept its cricket and that surprises occur in a one off scenario but this is the equivalent of a series win for Scotland against the Proteas.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If this RS initiative were to be continued in theory what they should be doing is taking the best players in RS this season (and presumably there’s a few of them if they can consistently beat the franchises), let’s say there’s 8 of them, and replacing 8 of our FC mob. That’s almost binning an entire franchise side if you look at it that way.
Another 2 seasons and you’d basically have three brand new franchise sides. Believe me that’s not lost on some of the dead wood and it’s why they’re willing to continue playing for coke and buns.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Some years ago we watched in disbelief as a couple of the franchise boys squeezed into Churchill T20 uniform to play in the St George’s T20 festival and they got dicked by St Johns. You may think I’ve just swallowed a class A to make a statement like that, but’s it’s 100% true.
Firstly pretty sad that virtually no-one recognized them barring one youngster, secondly that once it was realized people opted to keep quiet on account of not wanting to be involved in the embarrassing unmasking of the wankers and the inevitable racial card, and thirdly that they couldn’t beat a bunch of 15-17 year olds. :lol:

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:31 pm
If this RS initiative were to be continued in theory what they should be doing is taking the best players in RS this season (and presumably there’s a few of them if they can consistently beat the franchises), let’s say there’s 8 of them, and replacing 8 of our FC mob. That’s almost binning an entire franchise side if you look at it that way.
Another 2 seasons and you’d basically have three brand new franchise sides. Believe me that’s not lost on some of the dead wood and it’s why they’re willing to continue playing for coke and buns.
That's pretty much exactly the plan...whether it plays out remains to be seen...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I am for renewal of franchize teams. Too many guys have played for so long and achieved nothing. I dont mind the Nyumbus and Shingis sticking around because they have great FC records but some of them are deadwood. For us to improve in the long term we need to improve the quality of the domestic league. The rising stars can only help that. Having first class status is up for debate because they struggled in the logan cup.

I wonder how it would have turned out if everybody was at full stregnth. They were also missing blessing and mumba

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well ideally you want three or four guys being absorbed into a 5 team FC system because that indicates that our game is healthy. Having 7-8 guys annually replacing players in 4 teams proves (not that we need further proof) that we’re so far down the shitter that only the lips are protruding.
The problem is that our school system can’t produce 12 quality school leavers a year, that’s the real and pressing issue that needs to be addressed. We don’t even have 12 good cricketers in the country aged between 6 and 16 and that’s the tragic truth. We need a Taibu that can tackle this like yesterday. We haven’t even started preparations for the next U19 WC. We don’t even have a coach :lol: unless Utseya can forge another certificate fairly soon, I stated before there are a couple of 14/15 year olds that need to be included because they’re going to be shit hot in two years time if they get the correct exposure right now. I will be interested if Muyeye gets picked, he’s the PH youngster that can really T off, but is off to England on scholarship. If he’s at all academic he will be like Walter Huchu and never be picked because Singo thinks he’s an Uncle Tom and he’ll never return except to visit his parents after he qualifies as a doctor.

Googly

Post by Googly »

NickG wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:46 pm
All very good for the Rising Stars, but let's see what ZC do. Probably nothing.

The project, initiated and delivered by Taibu, has been an unmitigated success. Talent has been identified, has been sent on a gruelling 50 match tour of the UK and boy has that game time had its rewards.

I very much doubt if ZC will recognise what made this project a success. They will also try and falsely claim some of it as their own.

Let's see what happens...
Also proof that sheer weight of games is imperative to the development of players.