Craig Ervine... We sit here and complain but...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Craig Ervine... We sit here and complain but...

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/ervine-find ... ial-bliss/
Ervine has never been known to be emotional, something painstakingly obvious every time he stops for a quick chat or simply struts onto the pitch. But the left-handed Matabeleland Tuskers batsman revealed that cricket, a game his loves so much, brought him to tears for the first time in his international career, divorcing from the game for eight-weeks soon after the UAE game.

“During that last over I felt as though I was way too calm and that we were destined to get over the line right till the last ball was over. I look back on it and I regret not playing a lap sweep in the final over. I found it difficult to get over the heart break.

“It’s the first time in my career I’ve broken down to tears after a game.

“I realised I was not able to get my team, country, friends and family over the line to secure a place in the World Cup. The reality of it never really sank in until a few days after and I didn’t touch a cricket bat for at least eight weeks.”

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Craig Ervine... We sit here and complain but...

Post by Jemisi »

Hopefully they can pull themselves together and make a good effort at the next challenge.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

In the end our boys are human . One of the unknown touching momments for me during the qualifiers was when BT, Raza, Waller and Slug , Hamilton were in the change room till about 11 pm in between the wallowing in their sorrow a young boy waited 3 hours after the game to get a pic with all the guys and got his bat signed. The boy may have not understood the impact of the loss but all he had to say was we will get them next time. It may have just lifted their spirits and given them hope of a revival in the T20 f qualifiers going forward.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

gargamel wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 pm
In the end our boys are human . One of the unknown touching momments for me during the qualifiers was when BT, Raza, Waller and Slug , Hamilton were in the change room till about 11 pm in between the wallowing in their sorrow a young boy waited 3 hours after the game to get a pic with all the guys and got his bat signed. The boy may have not understood the impact of the loss but all he had to say was we will get them next time. It may have just lifted their spirits and given them hope of a revival in the T20 f qualifiers going forward.
Now that is touching! Maybe that kid will one day carry the flag for ZIM at an ICC event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

gargamel wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 pm
BT, Raza, Waller and Slug , Hamilton were in the change room till about 11 pm in between the wallowing in their sorrow
Yeah, would have been a massively painful day that would have felt like never ending. Some of these guys might not show much emotions on the cricket field, but this shows they were hurting real bad.