Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by tawac »

Masukanda seems to have turned a leaf. It just wasn't happening for him. But he already has two decent scores so far, today finishing on 79*(45) to help lift the Zim Select XI to 159/6 in the 3rd game against Kenya. Tiripano showing a bit of his all-rounder qualities giving him great support with 49(33). We are really short on batsmen at the moment.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by foreignfield »

Another good outing for Magarira. We've seen so many young spinners pop up and fade away over the years that I can't muster much excitement, but for now he seems to challenge Wellington's position as next-in-line SLA behind Chisoro. Does he turn the ball much?

tawac

Post by tawac »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am
I have got a really bad feeling they might play divide and conquer here and pay the guys they actually need. That would probably be the batsmen , Mire Hami BT and Williams. Then they will be obligated to play contractually. These guys always have some tricks.
Here is a Chawaguta interview. I don't think Taylor and co. are going to take part in these game.Whether they will be available for the Tri Series is another issue. And will Zimbabwe take the field regardless? That's the scary bit.

http://www.3-mob.com/sport/audio-after- ... 20i-preps/
foreignfield wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 am
Another good outing for Magarira. We've seen so many young spinners pop up and fade away over the years that I can't muster much excitement, but for now he seems to challenge Wellington's position as next-in-line SLA behind Chisoro. Does he turn the ball much?

Yah Magarira has had few a decent performance and putting up his name for contention. At list giving the selectors a welcome headache whereas the batting should be giving them nightmares.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Prince Masvaure with the first century of the Triseries 103*(57). The Chairman's XI doing well to chase down 206 set by Kenya.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1873 ... abwe-2018/

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Both sides should have enough to beat Kenya anyway. So this is expected. Good to see Masvaure and Magarira putting their hands up. Murray did ok too.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

PJ is back. Smart decision on his part as you cant risk not playing if your position is not guaranteed just for the senior players to fold at the last minute.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I can't find the link to the scorecards, can anyone help me out

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 am
I can't find the link to the scorecards, can anyone help me out
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1873 ... eries-2018

tawac

Post by tawac »

Brain Chari pulls a cracker from the closet. Second century of the triseries 112*(60). Cant faulty these guys for lack of ability. I guess its the mental stability that's lacking.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

This selection is going to be very interesting.

There's going to be some seriously pissed off heads if players like Burl are in, even though they aren't actually competing.

Chigumbura has done nothing to harm his chances of a recall, and Chari appears to have hit form at the best possible time.

Mpofu is also in the wickets. Very very interesting times ahead