Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by Jemisi »

Indeed

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, he seemed nothing great apart from delivering some innocuous military medium stuff and biffing a couple of maximums once in a while. It was shocking that he was selected in the 15 for the SL test last year. If anything, he should have repaid that faith by sticking around and playing the full season of domestic season and should have worked towards improving his game (provided he was not injured). We definitely don't need half-hearted guys who turn up whenever they feel like.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

He showed some consistency though, and I think that should be noted.

Not to mentioned he blasted 124 for Essex 2nds a couple of years back. The man could play, and I think he could have been a more than useful addition to the T20 side, and maybe the ODI side. Certainly not the test team

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Oh, I hope he plays domestically. He improves the strength of the competition. But he hasn't looked like improving the class of the national side and as Zimdoggy has said, has been overrated on ZCF.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Well thats the end of the tournament. Chari exploded again with 74 off 37. Never thought he was a big hitter but he has played a few big knocks. BT havent played a single game since the qualifiers. Cremer too but he is injured apparently. Makes me wonder who is really going to get picked. Raza apparently will be available for the ODIs.

I think Jarvis, PJ, Hami and Waller felt the pressure to play as their places can be covered. It will be interesting to see what kind of squad is picked.

As people can see its not thay easy to just turn up and start performing. It took Waller a couple of games to explode. PJ was getting there. Burl too. Hami did nothing since he came back. Zhuwao came back today and did nothing. On the other end of the stick Musakanda and Chari have been playing over the last month or so and have picked up some form. You dont just pitch up and become world beaters without match practice.

Thats why this strike concerned me. I would have been fine with it if they followed through but we all knew most of them would crack.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 am
He showed some consistency though, and I think that should be noted.

Not to mentioned he blasted 124 for Essex 2nds a couple of years back. The man could play, and I think he could have been a more than useful addition to the T20 side, and maybe the ODI side. Certainly not the test team
Kenya is pathetic every one knows that lets not be overly confident with the players performance

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Why these matches don't have official T20 status ? It's referred as other T20 in CricInfo.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Detective RDS wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:53 am
Why these matches don't have official T20 status ? It's referred as other T20 in CricInfo.
U playing Kenya nothing official about that...