Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by TapsC »

So. Did they play today or did they continue the boycott? I thought it was supposed to start today

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by tawac »

Its like we are back in the dark ages. No updates whatsoever. Or perhaps the games didn't kick off today.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Domestic T20 tri series starts from June 12

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 9;future=1

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm
Domestic T20 tri series starts from June 12

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 9;future=1
Thank you. Honestly used to think you were a troll account but you have been pulling through a lot lately :lol:

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

No play today because the Kenyans only arrived in the country during the night. Perhaps there was a delay in the flight, or maybe just more inefficiency that it was a last-minute change.

tawac

Post by tawac »

Are we just hopeless at T20 or what. The Chairman's XI are already 17/3 after 4 overs. All of Mavuta, Nyumbu, Mshangwe in one team. Do our selectors even have a clue what the are doing. Munyonga and Mutumbambi make the team despite not being part of the provisional 30.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

The one guy is 4th cousin to the coach and the other gave the selector a spare wheel for his Honda FIT. :lol:
We’re going nowhere here. Only the vagaries of the T20 format may save us from acute embarrassment.
Let me talk about this Muyeye youngster again. This lad can really play, particularly T20, he’s making runs at Eastbourne and is a real talent. You don’t make 4 hundreds in a T20 festival unless you’re damned good.
He wasn’t even picked for the U19 WC!! How the fuck does this happen??? These wankers who’ve created their own little fiefdoms within ZC and can bullshit management because they know the square root of fuck all should have to answer for how many superb youngsters have left for greener pastures.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Werent Chatara,PJ, Hami and Murray supposed to be in this team as well? Whats going on here?

tawac

Post by tawac »

Jarvis, Taylor, Williams still not playing sad state of affairs. Whichever team we manage to come up with at the end of this. We are in for some major butt whooping.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

tawac wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 am
Jarvis, Taylor, Williams still not playing sad state of affairs. Whichever team we manage to come up with at the end of this. We are in for some major butt whooping.
True. More disappointed in fringe players like PJ and Burl not playing so far. They shouldnt cry foul if they are replaced by Tari and Elton. Big risk they are taking. Hami Jarvis BT and Williams can take that risk. Dont know about the others

Also whats really confusing me is why is Chatara playing? He is surely on a national contract. Doesnt make sense for Chatara to play whilst somebody on the fringes like Burl isnt. Also does Burl have a national contract or is he injured? That is an interesting one. Surely he shouldnt have a national contract yet. What has he done to deserve one if he has?

Keeping us in the dark can only make us speculate. From a bowling perspective they have Bobby,Chatara, Don and Chisoro and Mavuta who are ok options. If Blessing is back next month then I think they can manage. Where the board must be really scratchig their heads is the batsmen. Only Elton and Tari are good enough for me. They need another 6 for a squad. If guys in the UK are available then it means they will have Cephas at least.

I have got a really bad feeling they might play divide and conquer here and pay the guys they actually need. That would probably be the batsmen , Mire Hami BT and Williams. Then they will be obligated to play contractually. These guys always have some tricks.