Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by zimbos_05 »

The players actually sicken me. How can anyone be content with this? How can anyone be content with Utseya as a selector. Hondo as a coach. Those staff that came back have all come back with their tails between their legs and the likes of Utseya will use this for personal gain.

ZC board cancelled rising stars tour, then Mukhulani was taking credit for their domestic win. Really, how can anyone be ok with this. Every single one (and I mean every single one) of the players needs to unite under a brand a new board and a brand new structure. I hate to use the word, but time for a coup.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018 : Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Board XI & Kenya

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 am
The players actually sicken me. How can anyone be content with this? How can anyone be content with Utseya as a selector. Hondo as a coach. Those staff that came back have all come back with their tails between their legs and the likes of Utseya will use this for personal gain.

ZC board cancelled rising stars tour, then Mukhulani was taking credit for their domestic win. Really, how can anyone be ok with this. Every single one (and I mean every single one) of the players needs to unite under a brand a new board and a brand new structure. I hate to use the word, but time for a coup.
+100, but unfortunately will never happen.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We’re in the gutter, and have been for a while.
It’s time to stop blaming the inept and corrup board because they ain’t ever going to change what they are and start blaming the players and support staff for allowing this disgraceful state of affairs to continue, many of whom would have no place in a functional system. They’re just opportunists and recognize the fact that they would not be in the mix if there were decent people around. Just one month of a sit out would do the trick, but as a group they can’t see beyond a week. In that meeting with their lawyer there will be more snitches than real people. I reckon the Board could persuade one of them to wear a wire for the promise of a Coca-Cola.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Forty players in the trials. That’s practically half the adult cricketers playing cricket in Zimbabwe, someone will be stealing the lunch money :lol: You know who you are! :lol:

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Raza will miss triseries, Cremer seems to be injured

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/06/raza- ... ri-series/
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Will be interesting to see how players like Kamunhukamwe go about their business this week. He really seems like he is made for the T20 format. There selectors have done well to pick the deserving players with guys like Masuku who have done well in the domestic games getting a place in the provisional side.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tawac wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:10 am
There selectors have done well to pick the deserving players with guys like Masuku who have done well in the domestic games getting a place in the provisional side.
Well, they've basically picked anyone who is available and is in a decent nick. Picking a Masuku over a Garwe is a no-brainer which any panel would have done. Their decision making would have been tested if all those guys in the UK were available for selection.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:10 am
Their decision making would have been tested if all those guys in the UK were available for selection.
The performances of guys in Uk haven't been forthcoming. What happened to that thread on UK performances. Zhuwao, Kaia, Jongwe have put in some performances here and there. Muzarabani should make it to the national team. I wonder who else could be putting their hand up for selection.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah that's the point. Not many guys putting their hands up thus making it easy for the selectors. With at least such names from the UK leagues ( + Mashinge, Schadendorf, Maruma brothers, Kunje, Shingi... who are all there), at least there would have been some names they had to juggle before settling on the final squads. For now, anyone who put half a hand up is in this 30.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Nice to see young Roche and Akram in there.