Domestic T20 Competition 2018, Match 2 : Chairman's XI V/s Select XI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Domestic T20 Competition 2018, Match 2 : Chairman's XI V/s Select XI

Post by Black Mamba »

One team will take part twice in the tournament. Next game for Chairman's XI will be a afternoon start
facing Select XI

www.espncricinfo.com/series/1149120/gam ... ries-2018/

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic T20 Competition 2018, Match 2 : Chairman's XI V/s Select XI

Post by The Robot »

Tracks are slow or the hitters are not good enough for T20s. 120 is worst total in T20
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This boycott is really beginning to get to me. There needs to be more clarity in terms of what is going on from the players.

Firstly are they offically on strike or not? Im assuming that they are exaggerating injuries for contractual reasons but the problem I have is that it looks like they are trying to arm twist the board to pay them. The big problem here is that if you are not playing club cricket in the UK how do you expect to just turn up on July 1 and beat some of the best t20 teams in the world if you are not practising? Net sessions can only do so much.

For me a professional set of guys would still be getting in shape with a clear message from them and their lawyers that they will not pitch up on July 1 if they are not paid. Technically they are crying for money which they are currently not working for. This excludes the match fees of course.

Furthermore we all know ZC gets their money at the beginning of July. Its almost unrealistic to expect them to pay you on June 25. People have to understand this in the context of Zimbabwe, this happens to countless people in the working world. Its a warzone out there with corruot employers rinsing poor employees. They should be getting their lawyer to strike a deal which ensures their arrears are cleared when that money comes in.

The tournament will still be on going when the money comes in. An international boycott halfway between a series will have more impact than Elton and his mates masquerading as the strongest team we have to offer.

DISCLAIMER: I am only looking for a solution because we can all see that these guys dont have the appetite to remove the board before the elections. We have been down this road before and in the end if the board is here to stay until at least next year we might as well not bloody embarrass ourselves when top cricketing nations come along.

It will be extremely disappointing to see guys come in half baked against 2 great sides and start complaining about lack of cricket when they have missed 3/4 of the domestic season in protest. We are all hurting after what happened in March. The least they can do for the fans is give it their all next month. This strategy is going to hurt us the fans more than anybody else. Trust me. We are going to get slaughtered by the Aussies and Pakistan at this rate.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Quickly losing patience with ZC they're fucking hopeless

Look at every other nation outside of the Big 9 they're all killing it and Zimbabwe is going backwards

I'm off to Europe for a holiday this Saturday so I'll be offline till August, Im not going to waste my time trying to keep up to date with ZC, I'll check back in when I'm back.

Doubt much will change, I'll make a prediction that the board will pay the players at the last minute and the guys will get hammered by Aus & Pak and we'll be in the same position after that.

Probably be the 16th ranked ODI & the 12th ranked Test side this time next year
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Worst part about all this is that Zimbabwe Rugby which is run by a trust controlled by Streak's lawyer is getting tonnes of sponsors to come on board as they are being run professionally by people who dont need a dime from them. They have hired a former Springbok coach and have a chance of qualifying for the World Cup. If they do qualify I think its curtains for cricket. Rugby is a far more popular sport in the school system and the likes of Musakanda probably only picked cricket because it looked like it was going somewhere. You will find that a few of the u19 players feature in both the rugby and cricket squads. We will lose even more talent and sponsors. Our problems keep on compounding.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Since I've followed ZC it's been all bad news with little glimpses of hope every so often.

At times the cracks have been papered over but only for so long.

I feel for the players, we can be harsh on them for under performing but when you have to deal with this crap your entire career it's hard to get better or perform consistently. Also people are critical of the players for not taking a big enough stand and down tools completely until change is made, but it's not the players responsibility to make or force reform it's their job to play and they know if they do strike their will always be some bottom feeders to take their jobs.

These guys only have a small window in their lives to fulfil their dreams to be cricketers and play for their country, I understand it would be hard to give it away when you know there isn't going to be a solution.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 am
One team will take part twice in the tournament. Next game for Chairman's XI will be a afternoon start
facing Select XI

www.espncricinfo.com/series/1149120/gam ... ries-2018/
The Chairman's X1 how ironic
Most of players want him fired

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Our warm up was to play ourselves and Kenya to prepare for Aus and Pakistan????????????????????
Seriously pathetic by the ZC and no wonder players boycotted this is typical of the sporting ignorance that compounds the zc board.