[News] Zimbabwe Cricket holds crunch talks with players over salaries

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[News] Zimbabwe Cricket holds crunch talks with players over salaries

Post by tawac »

Seems the newly appointed consultant at ZC, Vintcent van der Bijl has hit the ground running. We await to see if his contributions will bare fruit.

http://www.3-mob.com/sport/zimbabwe-cri ... yEmXIq7pkc
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Re: [News] Zimbabwe Cricket holds crunch talks with players over salaries

Post by TapsC »

Reports are saying the guys will be back for Friday's games. Just like everybody predicted. What was the point of missing all those games then? What a waste of precious playing time. 2 weeks before the tri-series

Googly

Post by Googly »

Timely arrival of the white guy to persuade the white guys that he’s got their backs. Ain’t nobody got his back, he’ll stagger out of ZC with a knife stuck between his shoulder blades. Every guy that walks in there somehow thinks there’s going to be a different outcome when they’ve got something to do with it. I always question the motives of the new arrivals- they know at some point that they won’t be paid, they know they’re not turning it around, so why are they doing it?
The only thing I can think of is that the money, whilst it’s coming, is pretty good. I’m sure some is offered offshore and therefore there’s a major tax avoidance (that’s a kind word! :lol: ) and that they figure the pros of being involved with a member nation for a brief stint outweigh the cons. I have some doubts about that. Coaching-wise it ticks the level 4 box, but administratively there’s no obvious upside unless you’re joining the gravy train, and the white boys are not invited to that party. Even Campbell got thrown under the bus. I wonder if Utseya is even aware that he’s got to reforge his level 2 (you can get one just by turning up as a rule :lol: ) then forge a level 3 and then a level 4 thereafter.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Maybe University of Zimbabwe can churn out some MBA’s for the lads and offer a three week level 4 coaching certificate, we’d be on track by month end. A promissary note from ZC for 50k guaranteed by Metbank and it’s all tickety-boo. :lol:
Contempt and loathing spring to mind.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm
Reports are saying the guys will be back for Friday's games. Just like everybody predicted. What was the point of missing all those games then? What a waste of precious playing time. 2 weeks before the tri-series
Yeah makes no sense. Unless they felt that this was the only way to get the payment the ZC is now promising to pay in July.

The other question is the the outstanding match fees only from the SL tour? In other words, have the fees from WI tour, the Bangladesh Tri series, and Qualifiers, the numerous series vs Associates been paid? If so then its not that bad...two months salary and 20% of your match fees is not that bad. It would be bad from the ECB. Even CA was beefing with their players over compensation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

The problem is some guys get paid and others don’t.
They’re smart about who they pay. The players union should receive the salaries with a spreadsheet of who the intended recipients are and if there’s a shortfall then it’s divided equally, that would put paid do their divide and rule tactics. Of course you’d have to stop the Guy heading up the players’ union from stealing the money as well :lol:
This will never end under the current regime, they will never rehabilitate, they are habitual criminals. It’s a Jerry Springer Show rolling into its 15th season and the cricketing world are tired of our shit and we’re about to be axed, I don’t get why these players don’t see this. I don’t get why they cannot organize themselves into a meaningful union that has to be taken seriously.
If the union insisted on receiving the salaries so they controlled payments it would remove the only power ZC have over these moronic players.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Sad state of affairs. Somehow they always pull it off. We knew this was gonna happen. I feel sorry for a guy like Burl who got dragged into this thinking everybody would stand up for the greater good. Now you have Elton, Tari and Masvaure posting big scores as well as Murray and Roche chipping in here and there. Dont be surprised if he gets dropped. These guys are petty like that. Its never a good idea to join these kind of protests if you are fringe player. I got a feeling they will pick Murray in both squads and Roche in the ODI squad. Its a dog eat dog world. At ZC somebody will take the opportunity if you dont. Its a never-ending cycle.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 am
The problem is some guys get paid and others don’t.
They’re smart about who they pay. The players union should receive the salaries with a spreadsheet of who the intended recipients are and if there’s a shortfall then it’s divided equally, that would put paid do their divide and rule tactics. Of course you’d have to stop the Guy heading up the players’ union from stealing the money as well :lol:
This will never end under the current regime, they will never rehabilitate, they are habitual criminals. It’s a Jerry Springer Show rolling into its 15th season and the cricketing world are tired of our shit and we’re about to be axed, I don’t get why these players don’t see this. I don’t get why they cannot organize themselves into a meaningful union that has to be taken seriously.
If the union insisted on receiving the salaries so they controlled payments it would remove the only power ZC have over these moronic players.
I have been suspecting these selective payments for a while. Thats probably why you see guys randomly pitching up for games. Raza played a game randomly. Maybe they knew he wanted out and they gave him something. Ervine and Waller also randomly started playing then disappeared again. Taylor then did some PR at a hospital in ZC kit.Chatara seems to be going against everybody and playing. I think something will be happening behind the scenes. The fact that these guys are sitting and watching the t20 games tells me as long as they get their money they will play. They dont care who is in charge.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 am
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm
Yeah makes no sense. Unless they felt that this was the only way to get the payment the ZC is now promising to pay in July.

The other question is the the outstanding match fees only from the SL tour? In other words, have the fees from WI tour, the Bangladesh Tri series, and Qualifiers, the numerous series vs Associates been paid? If so then its not that bad...two months salary and 20% of your match fees is not that bad. It would be bad from the ECB. Even CA was beefing with their players over compensation.
Got no idea about the match fees. That would be interesting to find out