Serious Trouble Coming

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Re: Serious Trouble Coming

Post by jimbo »

I think if the loan is delayed it is cause for celebration. The ICC should do quarterly audits once and if this venture goes through to see if indeed the monies are not being missappropriated

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I don't think this is the end.

The end already came a few months ago when UAE won.

There's no players coming through, the players we do have have all but left (Cremer? Raza?) and are in their early-to-mid 30s anyway.

We might still play the odd series for some reason (enjoy the tri-series, because I doubt we'll ever see Australia again), but I'd expect most of our matches will come against Ireland and Afghanistan now, and in a few years time a tier below that (Scotland, Netherlands, etc) and once this crop of players have all retired and Musakanda and co. are the established players we'll enjoy regular bilaterals against Kenya and Uganda.

It's all over for Zimbabwe cricket, there's nothing the ICC can do now.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think there is pressure on the ICC to get more matches for teams like Scotland who have impressed lately. ICC themselves are not a very good organization by any means, at the moment they don't have any benefit by keeping Zimbabwe as a full member or in the ODI league. Suspending ZIM will allow them to move Scotland into the ODI league, ZIM is the only country that can make way to be honest.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Once again I’m blaming the players. They’ve had ample opportunity to stop the Board dead in its tracks. It appears that there’s one last chance and it’s the best one yet. I’m begging you guys to listen to the likes of BT and Co and join them in a unified group that means business. We’re at the end of the road here.
We cannot survive without proper people in the right places. Pleeeeeze

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The consequences of losing that UAE game are a lot bigger than people realize. It was a do or die situation. Now people can see. If we had qualified no way we could get suspended.

I guess you guys are right. The thing is the players have to act. Now is not the time to sit on the fence. Either they decide to get rid of the board and approach the ICC or they play their hearts out next month. Every game will be scruitinized now. Its their lives that are on the line after all and its in their hands

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

In my opinion the only way Zimbabwe cricket can survive now is if Zimbabwe turn things around by their performances so that the world can take notice. Tours from bigger teams like India, Aus, Eng, RSA will bring in some money for ZC rather than simply relying on the ICC funding. ICC will also get under pressure to increase the WC participation to 12 or 14 teans in 2023.

That game against UAE was so important, in an ideal world Zimbabwe should have crushed them, instead they ended up losing. They haven't for once made the main groups in WT20, while teams like Netherlands, Afghanistan have... I'm sorry to say but this is why Zimbabwe have simply gone unnoticed for so long now that no one cares wheather they are playing cricket or not.

The series win over Sri Lanka last year was one magnificient performance, and that is what they need more often.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

This all seems farfetched to me. Banning ZIM for Test status/full membership: plausible. But replacing them with Scotland? That seems a bit OTT. I wouldn't be against it necessarily, but there hasnt been any indication of this at cricinfo or cricbuzz.

I honestly dont think the players can do much by "standing up" to the board. You forget the ZC are also fighting for their livelihoods, an amount at least 10x greater than the players...why would you expect ZC admins to fold? The players can all ply their trade elsewhere...ZC offficials cannot. They will be more resolute. Only the ICC, by means of a suspension can effect real change. Besides, boycotting training will just mean the boys will be rusty. This bunch failed to qualify against UAE, with plenty of match practice...what will happen with no matches against Australia or Pakistan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

So what are we hoping for? Driving out the current thieves but seeing all cricket suspended? Cutting the current thieves a break so that cricket can continue in Zimbabwe? Is there a third option?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

dang8811

Post by dang8811 »

Can someone explain to me why the suspension of ZC would mean no more cricket being played? Nepal's board was suspended and they carried on playing didn't they?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The best case scenario is ZC is banned and a new board is formed. However if this was going to happen presumably the ICC would have followed through by now.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes